Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed at 6:49 all EEMH parks had rides listed. Anyone there that can confirm whether or not MK & DAK actually openeded early?

Oh, I had it filtered by HS.
7:33

Dinosaur, meet Ariel/Cinderella/Elana, Peter Pan 15

Meet Mickey and Minnie, 25

7DMT 30

FOP, SR 40

SDD 70

everything else 10 or less

15mn Astro, Belle, Mickey and Minnie, Tink

20mn Saucers, Safari, meet Ariel/Cinderella/Elena/Rapunzel/Tiana, Peter Pan, RnR

25mn Speedway

30mn TSM

40mn SR, 7DMT

50mn SDD

60mn FoP

Pirates, ToT, Test Track, and Jungle Cruise closed

I’m off work and not at a theme park for once, if you can’t tell ;)

Crowds are definitely up. We went back to DHS last evening to catch a couple of shows (B&tB and Indiana Jones) and Fantasmic! We also wanted to take our time and stroll through SWGE and check out the shops and scenery. That was definitely the most people I have seen in F! in a long time, perhaps because for once the F! show and SW fireworks shows do not overlap. The heat was brutal, though and we left after F!
I highly recommend utilizing the EEMH if possible as the longest wait we had was 28 minutes (SR) and 21 minutes for SDD. Everything else was a walk on. (ETA: maybe waited 5 minutes or less for each of the characters). Walked in Ogas (they allowed us to cancel our 6:15 ADR) . We did not utilize our time well (we were hampered by having a wheelchair to push) but we did everything we wanted and were out by 10:20. We used an fp for ToT and the only real wait we had was RnRC and that was because we did it after EEMH and the ride was down for a portion of the am. Would have gotten in much sooner but my SIL did not want to do single rider. Otherwise would have been gone by 10:00 am. We spent close to an hour in SWGE.
What we accomplished by 10:20:
SR
Ogas
AS2
TSMM
SDD
ST
Mickey and Minnie
Chewbacca/Darth
Mermaid
ToT
RnRC

ETA: I highly recommend choosing a day when there is not a MNSSHP day. I believe that does make a difference. Not all have hoppers or unlimited entrance into the parks and I'm sure the choice for them is to go on a day when they can see HEA.

Last edited:

Hi All, we are visiting next week and are so excited to be back! thanks everyone for their contributions so far. Someone suggested for HS to go to Toy Story Land first then head over to Star wars 8:30ish after the initial rush of people have gone through but before the gates open at 9. Has anyone had any luck with this strategy? Looking at the times it seems they are starting to get fairly consistent and not dropping as much after that initial rush.

Hi All, we are visiting next week and are so excited to be back! thanks everyone for their contributions so far. Someone suggested for HS to go to Toy Story Land first then head over to Star wars 8:30ish after the initial rush of people have gone through but before the gates open at 9. Has anyone had any luck with this strategy? Looking at the times it seems they are starting to get fairly consistent and not dropping as much after that initial rush.
I feel as if we would have been more efficient if we had gone to TSL first but we were virtually done with everything (including Ogas) by 8:30. (Everything in TSL and SW also Mickey/Minnie) The only other thing I would have done differently was to go to ToT and RnRC right after SR. However, the person I talked to had done everything except Ogas. We ended up doing Mermaid and the SW meet and greets at 9:00 then on to ToT/RnR. The main reason for that being that I noticed at 7:37 am that RnR was down and possibly not be back up until around 8:16. (Re:TP) Subsequent checks showed RnR still down. Did not check again until 9:20 and it was back up. We had ToT FPS at 9:15.

Yes, that seems to be the best strategy. MF seems to rush to a high wait time while TSL is a walk on for the first hour. At some point around 8am, head to SWGE and do the MF and the rest of SWGE (Olga's, Droid, etc). Seems that there are getting to be more people than when I was there but you should still be able to get most everything done before 9am.

Crowds are definitely up. We went back to DHS last evening to catch a couple of shows (B&tB and Indiana Jones) and Fantasmic! We also wanted to take our time and stroll through SWGE and check out the shops and scenery. That was definitely the most people I have seen in F! in a long time, perhaps because for once the F! show and SW fireworks shows do not overlap.
DHS has been particularly interesting to watch because even when the park felt crowded last week, the waits for things like TOT, RNR, and TSM were still among the lowest they've been in years, and, since SWGE opened, the waits for SDD continue to be lower than basically on any day between the opening of TSL and SWGE.

Adding MFSR and extending park hours from a typical 11.5 hrs/day to 14 hrs/day increased the number of available rides per day from about 90,000 to about 135,000 - an increase of 50%. So wait times fall dramatically - Touring Plans hasn't registered DHS above a 1 on it's actual crowd level tracker (which is really a wait time level tracker) since SWGE opened.

But then you get to something like Fantasmic, which only happens once a day, and you see what the real crowd levels were.

Adding MFSR and extending park hours from a typical 11.5 hrs/day to 14 hrs/day increased the number of available rides per day from about 90,000 to about 135,000 - an increase of 50%. So wait times fall dramatically - Touring Plans hasn't registered DHS above a 1 on it's actual crowd level tracker (which is really a wait time level tracker) since SWGE opened.
Piggybacking on this - once MMRR and ROTR open, DHS will have something like 150,000 ride occasions available across the park on a 12 hour day, so expect much lower wait times at DHS to be the new norm, even after EEMH ends (except for between EEMH and ROTR. Sorry November people).

DHS has been particularly interesting to watch because even when the park felt crowded last week, the waits for things like TOT, RNR, and TSM were still among the lowest they've been in years, and, since SWGE opened, the waits for SDD continue to be lower than basically on any day between the opening of TSL and SWGE.

But then you get to something like Fantasmic, which only happens once a day, and you see what the real crowd levels were.
Here at AK right now and the crowds are huge! Not a fun experience at all. Going to do our 3 FPS and split. Corrected: for dinner. We are doing the Lion King Tiffins meal. Mainly because I want to eat at Tiffins anyway.

Last edited:
I am so torn about what to do when we visit... we are only going to be doing TSL and MFSR as far as rides go so I am not sure if it makes sense to get everyone up and there by 6 or let the little ones sleep longer and get there closer to 7am. Seems like if we get there too early we might get done with nothing to do until the shows start up later ... that sounds really silly to say, but as quickly as people have been doing things it seems possible 🤷🏼‍♀️

I am so torn about what to do when we visit... we are only going to be doing TSL and MFSR as far as rides go so I am not sure if it makes sense to get everyone up and there by 6 or let the little ones sleep longer and get there closer to 7am. Seems like if we get there too early we might get done with nothing to do until the shows start up later ... that sounds really silly to say, but as quickly as people have been doing things it seems possible 🤷🏼‍♀️
Not sure when you're going, but we did EEMH this morning, got there at 5:45, rode MFSR, TSMM, SDD, &RNR by 8:00 with no "hurrying" at all. We then wandered shops slowwwwwly until shows started up.

Went to EEMH at DHS this morning. SDD didn’t open until 7 which threw all my plans off. But it was a very successful morning. Bus got to Pop at 5:30. Bag check was super quick and we were in the park at 5:47. Did TSM and AS2 with no wait. After a stop at the bathroom we decided to wait for SDD since they had started to test it out. Did SDD at 7 right when it opened, then MFSR (posted 40 minutes but it was 27 to Hondo). Then RnR, Starbucks, back to TSM for our FP, walked around SWGE, Oga’s with a 10:15 reservation, then Star Tours and we were out of the park by 11:15.

Overall a great morning. Hoping SDD is open at 6 when we go back and do it again on Sunday.

Noticed at 6:49 all EEMH parks had rides listed. Anyone there that can confirm whether or not MK & DAK actually openeded early?

We were at MK. The wait times posted at 6.49am were an error. We were let through the tapstiles at 6.50am and held at the bridge to Fantasyland until 7am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter