Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it’s due to some of the pods being down for maintenance. I’m hoping so. It would suck if this will be the new norm.

Also interested to hear if anyone reports on the actual wait time. I wouldn’t mind a wait of about an hour for my first ride on MFSR if it means avoiding a 5:30 arrival and participating in the opening rush. A chance to see the queue at a leisurely pace after doing all of the other rides in the park first would still be preferable for me.

We’ll see if this, or even longer waits, becomes the norm.

Waits at DHS do seem a bit more stout this AM based on my couple of moments in time checking (85 mins MFSR at the moment). I know this is a Fall Break week for a big school system around these parts, then the others follow suit over the next few weeks. Tis’ the season I guess.

Arrived at DHS at 6:45ish. Got in the queue for MFSR at 7:02.b posted time was 60 min. Got off the ride at 8:16. So yes, the listed wait was accurate. SDD had a 50 min wait at 8:30.
Crowds are definitely greater than the reports have been that I've seen up to now. SWGE doesn't actual feel crowded (unlike TSL) though. I think GE accommodates people better.

Steve

Arrived at DHS at 6:45ish. Got in the queue for MFSR at 7:02.b posted time was 60 min. Got off the ride at 8:16. So yes, the listed wait was accurate. SDD had a 50 min wait at 8:30.
Crowds are definitely greater than the reports have been that I've seen up to now. SWGE doesn't actual feel crowded (unlike TSL) though. I think GE accommodates people better.

Steve
My guess is that as we get closer (and into) October we will see waits going up. But I also wonder if they are running rides at full capacity that early too.

My plan is to utilize the EEMH in October not for SWGE, but for TSL to hopefully get on SDD and TSMM with minimal waits. I dont plan on getting there at 6:00 am, but sometime before 8:00 AM just to avoid the rush and avoid getting the small children up SUPER early.

We already experienced SWGE in August, and we have a reservation for Ogas, so we just plan on strolling in there before lunch and if the queue time for MFSR is and hour or so, we may give it a try (but probably not due to having a child that cant ride it). Other than that we will just experience the land if it is not too crowded.

I am going tomorrow so will post times. Plan is to get there at 6 am and head for TSL before GE. FP for ToT at 10:50 but hope to get there before so we can be out of the park by 10 or so. Returning PM for shows.

ETA: Just changed ToT to 10:05. :)

Last edited:
I am going tomorrow so will post times. Plan is to get there at 6 am and head for TSL before GE. FP for ToT at 10:50 but hope to get there before so we can be out of the park by 10 or so. Returning PM for shows.

ETA: Just changed ToT to 10:05. :)
Will be looking for your update! We are wanting to do EEMH on Thursday but I'm a bit nervous about crowds going up this week.

Will be looking for your update! We are wanting to do EEMH on Thursday but I'm a bit nervous about crowds going up this week.
I've been nervous since we drove in to several traffic jams Saturday. So far so good. DS was a mob scene but I understand that's the norm for a Saturday night. I picked Wednesday because that's a non MNSSHP day, so hoping they go to MK, lol!
Sold out MNSSHPs are a bit worrisome.

I'm back!
9/24, 7:33 AM

DHS
:
MFSR: 70
SDD:40
RNR, TOT:10

MK:
7DMT, Meet Mickey:25
Meet Cinderella:15
Speedway, Space, PP, Dumbo: 10

AK:
FOP:45
Navi: 10

All other rides and attractions posted at 5 or 0 minutes. Crowds have picked up meaningfully according to Touring Plans "actual crowds" tracker, but it has not so far meaningfully impacted EEMH except for DHS.

I will continue to attempt to post 7:35ish wait times on a daily basis.

My unsophisticated knee-jerk sitting 800 miles away analysis of WDW crowds this week. Everyone went to MK on Monday and are now at DHS today.

But in all seriousness, as we get into the more crowded part of the fall season, let’s not forget the influence MNSSHP can have on the other parks. Today is a MNSSHP day, so there will always be that certain segment of park guests that opt for another park with full day hours.

MK EMH times looked pretty darn awesome today. For those with hoppers, utilize when necessary!

MK EMH times looked pretty darn awesome today. For those with hoppers, utilize when necessary!
EEMH/MNSSHP days have to be one of the best uses of park hopper in the history of the offering, especially as crowds pick up next month.

A suggestion to those doing that from my experience on the 22nd: leave MK before 4:30. By 5 the lines to get in to the park combined with all the construction walls were preventing people from getting to the buses and the contemporary walkway, and by 5:15 the monorail was insane.

This morning’s wait times at DHS are not like yesterday’s. 35 minutes for MFSR at 8 AM.

We rope dropped DHS yesterday. We got there at 5:35 after walking over from beach club. Bag check was pretty long and took about 8-10 minutes. The park had a moderate number of people staging when we arrived. We went into Starbucks and went to the back of the line. When we came out the stormtroopers were already doing their thing.

We went straight to SDD walk on. Then did TSM walk on. Then used the restroom walk on haha. We were going to walk through SWGE to get to TOT but they wouldn’t let us go that way. They said it is closed until 7. So we walked around and rode TOT and RnR. When I say walk on I mean straight to the coaster. We then went into galaxys edge and took our time. We got into the line for MF with an hour wait. Then we shopped and got two cyber crystals. Then we sat and ate a ronto wrap and were out to star tours by 9am.

At that point we majorly killed time. We shopped in DHS and watched muppet vision. Then we’re back in SWGE for our Ogas reservation at 11:15.

We are here now. Last ride of the day. We got here at 6 and were on and off SR in 28 minutes. Almost a continuous walk. Started walking back at 5:55 very orderly. Originally we were going to go to TSL first but DH couldn’t stand it and we went to SWGE first. Ogas was walk in and canceled out 6:15 reservations. Got to TSL around 6:55. AS2 was walk on SDD was posted 38 minutes but took 21. TSMM posted 13 but was walk on. Only waited for car in front to load. Talked to someone who left SR and he said he went straight to RnRC and ToT no wait then back to SDD and was on right behind us. Next walk on ST and met Minnie Mickey. I was able to move ToT up to 9:15 so used that and at RnRC now. It was down earlier for around 25 minutes or so. It is 10.:03
Pictures below show random walk ins around 6:40. I was waiting for my group (restroom break) and snapped a picture of how low the crowds were. I just liked seeing the moon!
while touring.
Meet Chewbacca then out of here until tonight.438918

Attachments

• 03F49C45-58A8-4B99-944D-BB3252123430.jpeg
    03F49C45-58A8-4B99-944D-BB3252123430.jpeg
    41.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 608F2EFE-602E-46A5-88D3-79D6C3F1439E.jpeg
    608F2EFE-602E-46A5-88D3-79D6C3F1439E.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
We were at DHS this morning at 5.50am, bag check took a while and the crowd were already moving into the park when we joined the back.

We went straight to SDD and were on the third or fourth Slinky to go round so minimal waiting. We went straight back round and waited 10 minutes. We'd rode twice by 6.30am without getting to the park early, being at the front of the pack or rushing anywhere.

Last week we were able to do SDD 4 times waiting less than 15 minutes each time but the queue built much more quickly this morning so we moved onto TSM after going on SDD twice. We have managed to go on 14 times in 2 weeks without waiting more than 15 minutes so why start now!? 😂

We had breakfast at Woody's Lunchbox at 7am which was a little busier than last week but still no wait to order and still plenty of table to choose from.

SWGE wasn't crowded when we walked through at 7.45am.

Star Tours was walkon at 8am.

We just has to wait for the family in front to finish to meet Mickey and Minnie at 8.15am.

TSM was posted as 10mins but was actually walkon at 8.40am.

AS2 was posted as 10mins but was walkon at 9am until it hit technical problems and went down to one side.

We had a TSM FP+ for 9am but cancelled as we'd already done it and wanted to move on.

The crowds were definitely bigger at 6am in TSL than they were last week but still a lot lower than later in the day and the waits for TSM and AS2 stayed low for all of EEMH but the SDD queue built a lot more quickly this morning than last week.

We'll be at MK for EEMH tomorrow and then our trip is done.

I'm so glad Disney added EEMH during our stay it's enabled us to get so much more done than we imagined possible. I think we've only used 1 FP+ at DHS in the morning for an extra go on SDD before leaving. And we used FP+ on our DHS evening for SDD and AS2 after Fantasmic! Other than that we've managed to get everything done using EEMH. It's definitely worth getting up early for! 🤔

Last edited:
We just spoke to a guy who rope dropped DHS two days in a row and he said that Tuesday was WAY busier than Wed. He thought it was due to more parks having early entry today. We had no issues but he said the difference was the wait for MFSR was 60 minutes yesterday when it was 30 at the same time today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter