Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to EEMH at HS yesterday. Got in the park at 7 am. We went straight to tower of terror. Rode it twice with a no wait. They were only running one side all day. We then road sdd twice with posted 70 minute wait but only took 20 minutes. After that we went to TSM with a posted 25 minute wait. It was a walk-on.

9/27, 7:52 AM

DHS
MFSR:55
SDD:40
TOT:15
RNR,TSM,AS2:10

MK:
7DMT:35
Meet Tink,PP:25
Meet Rapunzel/Tiana:20
Speedway, Space, meet Mickey, AO:15
Philharmagic, Cinderella, Pooh, Meet Ariel, Dumbo, Buzz:10

AK:
FOP:75
Navi,EE:10

Went yesterday to HS, got to the park at 5:35 and breezed through security and into the park. Was held in front of the theater until 5:55 when we got marched back to MF:SR. We didn't stop moving once and walked right onto the ride, we both ended up as pilots, and only had 4 people total on our ride. Very efficient start to the day!

Next we headed to TSL to ride Slinky, but it was down, so we hopped on TSMM, was posted as a 25 minute wait, and it ended up being about that.

Slinky was open by the time we got off, so we headed there. The time was listed as 10 minutes, but there was a CM out front telling people it was really 70. We didn't believe him, and glad we didn't because the wait was only 8 minutes. By the time we got off though the line had increased significantly, and it was now posted at 70 minutes.

We then popped over to A2S which was walk on.

At that point we just wandered around getting all the photopass pictures we could find. Got a brand new one in SWL, the CM claimed we were only the second guests to get it!

Didn't do a lot of rides but still was an efficient morning! We headed out of the park around 8:30 for a much needed nap!

Went yesterday to HS, got to the park at 5:35 and breezed through security and into the park. Was held in front of the theater until 5:55 when we got marched back to MF:SR. We didn't stop moving once and walked right onto the ride, we both ended up as pilots, and only had 4 people total on our ride. Very efficient start to the day!

Next we headed to TSL to ride Slinky, but it was down, so we hopped on TSMM, was posted as a 25 minute wait, and it ended up being about that.

Slinky was open by the time we got off, so we headed there. The time was listed as 10 minutes, but there was a CM out front telling people it was really 70. We didn't believe him, and glad we didn't because the wait was only 8 minutes. By the time we got off though the line had increased significantly, and it was now posted at 70 minutes.

At that point we just wandered around getting all the photopass pictures we could find. Got a brand new one in SWL, the CM claimed we were only the second guests to get it!

Didn't do a lot of rides but still was an efficient morning! We headed out of the park around 8:30 for a much needed nap!

What’s the new photo op? My last day having a gold pass is 9/30...I ran around last visit getting tons of photos but if the new one is really cool I just might have to visit this weekend.

What’s the new photo op? My last day having a gold pass is 9/30...I ran around last visit getting tons of photos but if the new one is really cool I just might have to visit this weekend.

It's one of those super zoom ones, you stand on the upper level looking over the MF. I'll try to get ours uploaded once MDE stops acting up!

9/28 7:20 AM

DHS:
MFSR:60
SDD:45
TSM:15
TOT:13
RNR:10

MK:
7DMT:30
Meet Mickey, meet Cinderella, meet Ariel, Space:15
Speedway, meet Tink, PP,, meet Rapunzel/Tiana, HM, Dumbo:10

AK:
FOP:60
EE:10

I went to EEMH at HS yesterday. Got in the park at 7 am. We went straight to tower of terror. Rode it twice with a no wait. They were only running one side all day. We then road sdd twice with posted 70 minute wait but only took 20 minutes. After that we went to TSM with a posted 25 minute wait. It was a walk-on.

Are the posted wait times always or often inflated during EEMH?

I'm in line now, its 6:03 now and there are quite a lot of people in line.
20190929_060148.jpg

I sent my DH and 2 boys in the "no bag" and at 6:18 I'm still waiting to get in.
They've already road RR.

Last edited:
9/29 7:46 AM

Parks are...uh...busy today. Yesterday was a 7/10 on the Touring Plans crowd tracker. Today looks busier, except at MK (party day)

DHS
MFSR:70
SDD:55
TOT:40
TSM:30
RNR:20
AS2:15

MK:
7DMT:35
Meet Mickey:20
Space,PP:20
Speedway, Meet Cinderella:15
Meet Tink, Meet Ariel, Pooh, Dumbo:10
AO: Closed

AK:
FOP:90
Navi:15
Bug:10
All other rides and shows 5 or 0

We were there Thursday when SDD was down as well. We were at the park at 5:45 and literally the first people on the "walkback" to TSL. Had SDD not been down I'm sure we would have gotten 3-4 rides in with little wait. But it was down most of the first hour which caused the line to back up as more people arrived. We did a walk on of AS2 right away at 6:10 and then waited about 5 minutes to get on TSM. After that I took my youngest to SGE while my wife waited with our daughter to ride SDD. It finally came online around 7 and by then she waited 30 minutes for the second ride. Still we did all of TSL by 7:30 so not horrible even with the break down.

In relation to SGE running to Smuggler's Run first thing is the worst thing you can do unless you are in the front. The first 30 minutes always sees a 70 minute wait which always drops to 30-40 minutes by 6:45-7. There was a short line for the cantina and both Savis and the Droid Depot were walk-ins all morning, up until 8am at least. We waited 30 mins for Smugglers Run at about 8am.

We left SGE and HS by 9:15 and the park was getting very crowded. EEMH is an excellent way to enjoy both TSL and SGE in my opinion. The crowd in SGE were so light it was easy to walk around and enjoy the shops and vendors. The crowds actually looked like the crowds in their promo material they were so light.

Higher waits than I’ve been reading. They were only running 1 side of space at 740 despite 20 minute wait and only few speedway cars running despite bigger crowds.

We ended up leaving Orlando mid day Friday and judging by the amount of traffic we saw heading towards Orlando I was thinking “uh oh”. It was a LOT of traffic. Rush hour I would have understood but this wasn’t early or late. I was hoping for the Disney goers that it was just a case of too many cars and not enough concrete. I would try to get it down to being bagless. I chose to carry a bag because we were not encountering large lines to get into the parks. Virtually walked up to the bag check table every day. Longest wait to get in was being behind people who didn’t understand how to touch their bands to the Mickey heads.

The posted waits have consistently been longer than the waits people have posted in this thread, as well as in posts from major Disney bloggers.

Thanks for the response.

I have another question about EEMH at DHS.. What happens at rope drop (official rope drop, I mean; at 9 a.m. after the EEMH period). Do all the rope droppers head for GE and TSL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter