Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say it’s also been that way the first 30 minutes of regular hours at MK on a lot of rides. DHS and AK wait times picked up a lot after the park opened for real, but I think at MK there were less people in the park than the total capacity of all of the rides until about 8:30-9:00 the 2 days I was there this week.
We've found the same. Wait times at MK have stayed really low, much lower than posted, for at least the first hour after the 8am opening.

7:22 am September 22
SDD: 45
MFSR: 40
TSM: 20

FOP: 45

7DMT: 25
Meet Mickey & Minnie: 20
Meet Cinderella: 15
Meet Ariel: 15

Everything else: 5-10

7:20 am September 23
MFSR: 60
SDD: 45
AS2: 30
TSM: 20

FOP: 80

7DMT: 30
Meet Mickey & Minnie: 30
Meet Cinderella: 15

Everything else: 5-10

Just a reminder for casual readers and those with limited MK EMH experience because this is easy to overlook if you’ve never been or don’t think about EMHs there very often - at MK, only Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are open during EMHs.
And at DHS only the rides are open, no shows of any kind, even the continuous ones.

SEPTEMBER 16TH - DISNEY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS:

Got to DHS at 6:05 AM. Went directly to Toy Story Land and was able to ride Slinky Dog Dash with a 7 minute wait and walked-on TSM.

Then walked over to GE before sunrise. Smuggler's Run posted wait time was 30 minutes at 6:40 AM - wait time decreased to 20 minutes by 8:30 AM.

Took a good look around (no crowds whatsoever) and then went to standby for Smuggler's Run at 7:30 AM - waited 10 minutes.

One nephew had morning reservation for Light Saber build and other for Droid.

SEPTEMBER 19TH - DISNEY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

Got to DHS at 6:15 AM. This day we went directly to Tower of Terror - walked right on. Next Rock n Roller Coaster and walked right on.

Went to Toy Story Land and waited 5 minutes for Toy Story Mania and 10 minutes for Slinky Dog Dash.

Went to Galaxy's Edge at 7:45 AM and waited 10 minutes to ride Smuggler's Run.

Fall breaks began for GA schools this week, so I believe Fall break season is upon us. Will be interesting to see what it does next week though

We did EEMH at MK yesterday and it was amazing! Took the monorail from the Poly, arrived at MK around 6:45. I think they let us onto Main Street a few minutes before 7. We didn’t rush at all, and stopped to get a picture in front of the castle. We had a FP for mine train so we didn’t need to deal with that. Fantasyland was empty...did Peter Pan, Pooh, barnstormer, Dumbo twice, and Buzz all before 8, all walk-one. Then back to 7DMT for an 8:15 FP. Then hit the other side of the park, did Jungle Cruise, got dole whips (breakfast!), then magic carpets, BTMRR (with FP) then did some wandering around, watched the move it shake it dance party at the hub, and went to CP for our 10:30 res. Best morning we’ve ever had in the magic kingdom.

Now I can totally understand how this would be waaaaay to early for some people, but our boys (6&9) tend to wake up obnoxiously early on vacation, so it’s perfect for us. Got a ton done, weather was beautiful, and we were back for naps by early afternoon.

Just a reminder for casual readers and those with limited MK EMH experience because this is easy to overlook if you’ve never been or don’t think about EMHs there very often - at MK, only Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are open during EMHs.

Are Mickey & Minnie an exception for their "Celebration" time period only? Because MK has been showing wait times for them in the app during EEMH. Will that go away once it's back to just Mickey?

Are Mickey & Minnie an exception for their "Celebration" time period only? Because MK has been showing wait times for them in the app during EEMH. Will that go away once it's back to just Mickey?

Good point about Mickey & Minnie - they’re an exception to my post I should have noted. If I’m not mistaken Minnie will not meet with Mickey past their 9/30 Celebration ending, but I believe the Mickey M&G should remain open for EMHs.

Good point about Mickey & Minnie - they’re an exception to my post I should have noted. If I’m not mistaken Minnie will not meet with Mickey past their 9/30 Celebration ending, but I believe the Mickey M&G should remain open for EMHs.

I know for certain Minnie is going back to Storybook Circus after 9/30, but had no idea about the EMH. Thank you!

9/22 - Arrived at DHS for rope drop. Majority of the crowd headed for GE, we headed straight for TSL. Walked right on to SDD, immediately went over to AS2 and were the only ones on the ride (cast member said we could just stay on so rode it an extra time). Went to TSM with a posted 15m wait, but was 5, if that. Walked back over to SDD and rose again (posted 25, waited 15). Was right around 6:50 at that time. Rode RRC x2, SDD again, ToT, signed kids up for Jedi Academy and grabbed a couple photo pass opportunities before the park opened. Rode MFSR around 11 with a posted wait of 45, only waited 30. Overall extremely worth it and with 2 young children we weren’t as efficient as we could have been. I’d seen posts that you could hit every ride before opening and didn’t quite believe it. Completely believe it now.

Posted wait at MFSR was 60 minutes at 7 PM and 70 minutes at 7:40 PM. First time I have seen a posted wait of over 60 minutes during EEMH.

Posted wait at MFSR was 60 minutes at 7 PM and 70 minutes at 7:40 PM. First time I have seen a posted wait of over 60 minutes during EEMH.

I wonder if it’s due to some of the pods being down for maintenance. I’m hoping so. It would suck if this will be the new norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter