Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay this is my 2nd day here. Just finished EEMH at DHS and did it at AK yesterday.....

This is the greatest thing ever!

I was thinking it might be like this before my trip started but to actually experience it and see all my dreams realized is amazing.

To start I have no interest in going to GE with me being a DL AP.

So both days I got to the parks about 15 min before they opened. I think that is key because you want to get on FoP and SDD ASAP to maximize your time. If you get off those rides in the first 20 min you’re golden because then you’ll basically have the rest of the park to yourself.

Literally walk on’s for everything else.

Maybe the best part is that I think that these EEMH’s are keeping the crowds low throughout the day. I actually went to all 4 parks yesterday. Lots of low wait times everywhere. Doing EEMH tomorrow at MK

One more thing..... some people might say waking up at 5 am isn’t my idea of a vacation. I get that. But if you’re thinking it would be exhausting you’re wrong. You get so much accomplished in the hour or 2 you’re at EEMH that it frees up time for more relaxation. This morning I left DHS at 7:30 and now I’m just relaxing down at the Boardwalk looking out at the water waiting for Epcot to open at 9. Will probably even take a nap later

The castle walkway wasn't open when we went yesterday. They were ushering folks around the east side of the hub to scan magic bands, and then you could either go to Tomorrowland or to Fantasyland past the Merida meet and greet.

There were plenty of photographers though.

Thanks for letting me know!

One more thing..... some people might say waking up at 5 am isn’t my idea of a vacation. I get that. But if you’re thinking it would be exhausting you’re wrong. You get so much accomplished in the hour or 2 you’re at EEMH that it frees up time for more relaxation. This morning I left DHS at 7:30 and now I’m just relaxing down at the Boardwalk looking out at the water waiting for Epcot to open at 9. Will probably even take a nap later

So much this. We've had full park days accomplished by noon, giving us almost more time than we need by afternoon/evening.

We're at AK now at 10am and we've already done FOP, EEx4, KRR and Tusker House breakfast. About to hit up KRR again before going to see Festival of the Lion King.

We'll do FoP one more time with our FP, then wait for NRJ and by noon we'll have checked off everything on our list.

Tomorrow is our DHS day and I am all about Star Wars. However I am also all about not standing in long lines. So do we do 6am rope drop of Galaxy's edge or do we hit TSL first am2d knock that stuff out and maybe even GoT and TnT ams THEN head to Galaxy's edge thinking thw rope drop masses will have moved on by then (prior to park open for the public)?

So torn!

Tomorrow is our DHS day and I am all about Star Wars. However I am also all about not standing in long lines. So do we do 6am rope drop of Galaxy's edge or do we hit TSL first am2d knock that stuff out and maybe even GoT and TnT ams THEN head to Galaxy's edge thinking thw rope drop masses will have moved on by then (prior to park open for the public)?

So torn!
If you read the easywdw blogs, it would seem that doing TSL, then RNR, ToT - knock everything out and head to galaxys edge before the gates open at 9am to non Disney property people. Reports seem to be that the SR line will be shorter at 8:30am than 6am. The only exception seems to be if you can among the first to get to SR.

So torn!

We aren’t until October so we have more time to see what post Dorian crowds do, but currently we’re going to do GE last instead of first. Figure we’ll get a similar amount done without having to get to the park at least 40 mins earlier and we can skip the slow walk to the back.

We aren’t until October so we have more time to see what post Dorian crowds do, but currently we’re going to do GE last instead of first. Figure we’ll get a similar amount done without having to get to the park at least 40 mins earlier and we can skip the slow walk to the back.

I should also add we have Oga’s later that evening (after a long rest!), and don’t really care how much we get done in GE aside from the ride in the morning.

I think the best plan is to be flexible. Our plan is to hit GE first, but if we’re too far in the back of the pack, we’ll detour to TSL.

We were there last week and I know the low crowds due to Dorian were the biggest factor in making our wait times magical, but overall these EEMH were amazing!

HS: we only did 6am the one day, bus was late so we didn't get there till right at 6, but we rode Slinky 3x, TSMM 2x, Aliens 2x, and had a snack at Woody's before heading to GE. It was raining, so we didn't really get to explore the land, but DH only waited for about 30 minutes for the falcon. We did ToT and RnR with 10-15 min waits shortly after park open and then headed to Epcot. When we went back on Friday, we got there later around 7:30am, but we were still able to ride everything in TSL with 5-10 minute waits, and I took DS to GE and we were on and off the falcon in 30 minutes. We also walked into the droid depot with no wait and were in and out with our droid in 15 minutes (time stamp was 8:40 when our droid was activated). DH rode RnR as the RD crowds came in and then we left for AK since we had another FOP FP.

AK: Arrived a little after 7am, we had a FOP FP so didn't try that during EEMH but instead went to EE and rode it 3x with no wait before hitting Dinoland.

MK: Didn't arrive until a little after 7am, but I have us meeting Mickey, Minnie, and Tink, doing Buzz and Space 2x before hitting the Speedway (time stamp is 8:11am at Speedway), then on to Dumbo, Pooh, 7DMT (15-20 min), sleepy hollow waffle break, carousel x2, HM, Splash x2 (FP), BTMRx2 (10 min) before lunch at Pecos.

While I do think the hurricane had the biggest impact on the crowds, I really like the EEMH and how they seem to disperse the crowds a bit. I hope this is something Disney considers continuing, especially for the Summer months. We noticed a huge difference in the temperature and how we felt those first few hours of the morning compared to after 10am.

Looks like my plan for Saturday. Do TSL and then move into GE and ride the Falcon.

Did some spot checks this morning (9/10)

6:27
MFSR: 25
TOT closed

6:59
MFSR:55
SDD:25

7:12
DHS
MFSR:50

AK:
FOP:45

MK:
7DMT, meet Ariel, meet Cinderella: 15

7:30:

DHS:
MFSR:40
SDD:35

AK:
DINOSAUR:10

MK:
7DMT:20
Meet Cinderella:15
UTS, Philharmagic, meet Tink, meet Mickey, meet Ariel, Dumbo: 10

7:45
DHS:
MFSR:30
TOT, TSM:10

AK:

MK:
7DMT, meet Mickey:25
Meet Tink, meet Cinderella:15
UTS, speedway, philharmagic, dumbo:10

Anything not listed was 5 or 0.

Last edited:
Did some spot checks this morning (9-10)

6:27
MFSR: 25
TOT closed

6:59
MFSR:55

7:12
DHS
MFSR:50

AK:

MK:
7DMT, meet Ariel, meet Cinderella: 15

7:30:

DHS:
MFSR:40

AK:
DINOSAUR:10

MK:
7DMT:20
Meet Cinderella:15
UTS, Philharmagic, meet Tink, meet Mickey, meet Ariel, Dumbo: 10

7:45
DHS:
MFSR:30
TOT, TSM:10

AK:

MK:
7DMT, meet Mickey:25
Meet Tink, meet Cinderella:15
UTS, speedway, philharmagic, dumbo:10

Anything not listed was 5 or 0.
Advice for those heading to MK: RD your character meets. Yes I know it’s ridiculous. It will save you the most time. Wait times for things that appeal to children below school age continue to be typical for EMH while thrill rides continue to be unusually low for EMH.

At DHS now...in Galaxy's Edge.

We arrived at 5:45am and they let us in at 6. We were behind enough people that we felt going to TSL first would be best. The masses went left and we went right. Walked on Slinky Dog and TSMM, then went to ToT and RNR which were both walk ons. Then we went to Galaxys Edge around 7am and rode Falcon twice with duel 15 minute waits.

It is now 8:10. A great morning!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter