Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At DHS now...in Galaxy's Edge.

We arrived at 5:45am and they let us in at 6. We were behind enough people that we felt going to TSL first would be best. The masses went left and we went right. Walked on Slinky Dog and TSMM, then went to ToT and RNR which were both walk ons. Then we went to Galaxys Edge around 7am and rode Falcon twice with duel 15 minute waits.

It is now 8:10. A great morning!!

That is good to know. I have been checking the wait times for MFSR all morning and the posted wait time at 7 was 50 min.

Just wrapping up a 4 day trip. Some notes...
Y'all already know to hit Toy Story Land first. And The dip in wait times on Sunday was right at 7:25am, it went down to 25 minutes and then started to build back up.
Here is something that might be useful. I didn't realize that SWGE has an entrance at the back of Toy Story Land. It does. So once the park has been open for a while, don't be a ding dong and walk all the way around past Muppets unless you have to. Another tip is to not count on buses if you want to be there early. From POFQ on Sunday I was there at 530am and a bus didn't come til a little after 6. There was already someone waiting when I got there. Around 555am he said, "Extra Extra Magic Hours! If only you are willing to walk."
Additionally not all resorts have food courts open early. POFQ's opened at 6am. But another thing I found out is if you hit a Joffreys right at park closing they sell their pastries 2 for 1. Yay. Donuts! Save them for the next morning and you are good to go.
Last thing is that Uber and Lyft are really the way to go. Just about everywhere was about $8 plus tip from POFQ. So if it matters and you don't want to wait, download that app and use it. It is cheaper and more convenient than renting a car, and it is way faster than the bus. And it is super easy to use the app.

Last edited:
I don’t know if I’m allowed to mention people by name, so I’ll just say that a very popular Instagram/blogger gal who shares the same name as a famous tennis player, just did basically all rides in DHS this morning during EEMH. It’s in her Instagram stories if you know who I’m talking about. She started in SWGE and then went to TSL. DHS seems very doable if you are able to get up that early in the morning, be at the front of the pack, and rides are your main priority.

We used EEMH at MK on 8/30 and it was the best time in MK we’ve had in forever! It was like how EMH and even the first hour of a regular 9am opening in September used to be. We didn’t even get there until almost 8am, but basically everything was a walk on in Fantasyland except SDMT. Posted wait was only 15 minutes, but it was more like 5. We stayed on both BS and dumbo for multiple rides without getting off. Met Tink and Mickey & Minnie with no wait. Even after EEMH we didn’t wait more than 10 minutes for anything all day until we left after lunch.

I know it's September so I shouldn't get my hopes up but......

The way I'm reading this you're telling me there's a chance I might be able to ride TSMM over and over and over if I use 6AM EMH? That's worth the price of admission.
TSMM for sure, several times. Probably depends on how soon your trip is, but for the moment it's looking good.

TSMM for sure, several times. Probably depends on how soon your trip is, but for the moment it's looking good.

Yeah that's the rub. I'll keep my hopes low until I see how things look later in Sep. Our trip is early Oct. But hey, I still feel there will be an efficiency advantage for those willing to wake up and take it.

I would be surprised if you couldn’t ride TSMM multiple times especially closer to the beginning of EEMH. Even when bigger crowds come I would bet it stays pretty low priority, #3 at best.

I've been watching this week on MDE between 6-7am. TSMM definitely stays 5 mins wait time until 7am. Even SDD slowly crept up by 5 minutes every 10 minutes or so for a max time of 35 mins at 7am. That's still pretty darn good. It seems like you if bum rush SDD you should be able to get 2-3 rides in before 6:45 and then ride TSMM until you're tired of it.

I know it's September so I shouldn't get my hopes up but......

The way I'm reading this you're telling me there's a chance I might be able to ride TSMM over and over and over if I use 6AM EMH? That's worth the price of admission.
I'm with you! I'm leaving tomorrow for the World, and although I intend to ride MFSR a few times over 5 mornings, I'm going to hit TSMM hard--really hard. Prior to FP+, I could arrive early at DHS and ride it 5-6 times using paper FP and stand-by. Now I am lucky to get 2 rides.

If you read the easywdw blogs, it would seem that doing TSL, then RNR, ToT - knock everything out and head to galaxys edge before the gates open at 9am to non Disney property people. Reports seem to be that the SR line will be shorter at 8:30am than 6am. The only exception seems to be if you can among the first to get to SR.

I wonder how long this will be the case with every Disney site/blogger/instagrammer touting it as a good strategy! It'll be so interesting to see how this continues to play out over the next couple of months.

Advice for those heading to MK: RD your character meets. Yes I know it’s ridiculous. It will save you the most time. Wait times for things that appeal to children below school age continue to be typical for EMH while thrill rides continue to be unusually low for EMH.

Haha of course, because those of us with littles are the ones used to being up that early anyway! I'm so excited that on our upcoming trip when my DD wakes up at 6, we won't have to kill time before heading to a park. We can just get dressed and get on a bus and start the fun! And you can bet she's going to want to do kid stuff! :rotfl:

So I had posted in many other threads I was supposed to have a trip with a buddy Sept 5, but work denied his leave and couldn't go. He's making it up to me by coming down Sept 20th. We're staying at Hilton next to Disney Springs, so will be using EEMH. Some of the new info has worked out great.

I definitely think we'll just hit TSL first, do rest of park, and come back to GE (have a res at Oga's for 9:50). Probably then head back to hotel for some rest, and then hit up Epcot for F&W before the other locals overwhelm it.

That works on our DHS day. But we planned on an early breakfast on our AK and MK days as well. The app says End Zone doesn't open until 7.

I swear I read somewhere that food courts were supposed to open in conjuntion with EEMH.

I hope that's the case. If not, we'll get grab and go stuff the night before and have that for breakfast.

This is from the site that shall not be named...

The following locations will open on 2:30 AM on Thursday, August 29th, then at 3:30 AM from Friday, August 30th to Monday, September 2nd, then at 4:15 AM from Tuesday, September 3rd through Saturday, November 2nd before returning to normal 6:00 AM opening times on Sunday, November 3rd.

Value Resorts:
Disney’s Pop Century Resort – Everything Pop

Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Landscape of Flavors

Disney’s All-Star Resorts (all three quick service eateries)

Moderate Resorts:
Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter – Sassagoula Floatworks

Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside – Riverside Mill

Deluxe Resorts:
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – The Mara

Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Beach Club Marketplace

Disney’s Yacht Club Resort – The Market at Ale & Compass

Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Roaring Fork

Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort – Gasparilla Island Grill (open 24/7)

Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – Capt. Cook’s (open 24/7)

Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Contemporary Grounds

We stayed at Saratoga last week and the food court didn't open any earlier than 7am (it's regular open time). We brought granola bars so we had those for breakfast or some fruit that we bought. I wouldn't expect the food courts to open.

We stayed at Saratoga last week and the food court didn't open any earlier than 7am (it's regular open time). We brought granola bars so we had those for breakfast or some fruit that we bought. I wouldn't expect the food courts to open.

Saratoga and OKW are not on the above list. I assume because those are the two 100% DVC resorts and DVC people make their own darn eggs I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter