Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had anyone confirmed that food courts are opening early to guests since the parks are opening early? Anyone have times?

We were at HS yesterday. Had planned to do TSL first but SDD was down. So we did RnR and ToT twice each with zero wait for either (got to the park turnstiles at 7am with a Starbucks stop as well).

Then SDD opened back up at around 8, that was a 5 min wait (posted 15 min). Then did TSMM and SDD again before our ToT FP opened up at 9am.

By 10am or so we were ready to hit up SWGE and MFSR had gone down to a 50 min wait.

Today we hit up MK on party day so we'll see how the combo of that and EEMH affects crowds. We're hoping to have a full day by 2-3 pm.

9/8: 8:28 AM

DHS:
SDD:40
MFSR:30
RNR:25
Meet Mickey:15
AS2, TSM:10
TOT: down

I slept in today and missed AK and MK, sorry!

With TOT down I’m sure that added somewhat to these other wait times, especially RNR!

The post Dorian crowds should be checking in today and yesterday. Looking forward to EEMH reports from next week to get a better idea of actual wait times. We are still thinking about a 6am run straight to TSL ignoring SGE. But we aren't going to do it if its SDD is 40 mins at 6:10am.

We have our SDD FPs already so this isn't a must do. We are hoping to get a TSL EMM "Lite" out of the EEMH from 6-7am if possible.

Mine Train was down at opening today, opened by 7:40 with a 35 minute wait. 15 minutes for Space and the Speedway, which I'm thinking might've been affected by Mine Train being down the first half hour.

FOP between 30-45 minutes, everything else 5.

Today we hit up MK on party day so we'll see how the combo of that and EEMH affects crowds. We're hoping to have a full day by 2-3 pm.

Worked out great for me on Friday! I know the Dorian crowd levels were unbelievablly low so this week wasn’t a true sampling, but.....I went Thursday evening. BTMRR was true 15 min wait around 7:30pm. Friday morning I rode it 6 times in a row starting when it opened at 8am after EMH. Two out of 6 of those rides....CM said pick whatever row you want...b/c there weren’t enough people in line to fill up the entire train.

Here is what I did 7am-8am, with 6:50am tapstile arrival.

Castle pics...multiple at different stops down Main St
PP 2x (They were sending everyone through FP line)
Pooh 1x
7DMT 2x
Snack break

8am-1:30pm
BTMRR 6x
Splash 1x
Space mtn 2x, using unneeded FP once. On 2nd ride, they said pick left or right side and pick wherever you want to sit in a car.
People Mover 1x
CoP
People Mover 2x
Under the Sea
Early lunch from Sleepy Hollow @ 11:30
Splash FP (30 min posted wait)
BTMRR FP (15 min posted wait)
Pirates (10 min posted wait)
Redd’s Revenge - strawberry dole whip from Sunshine Terrace
IaSW
Shopping at Emporium
1:30 Hop to EP

I know length of waits will increase with crowds. But comparing Dorian Crowds on Thurs evening to Fri morning of a party day....you could definitely see you can get more done with the EMH and being at RD. We didn’t even need to queue up before RD...walked through turnstiles just before 7. fewer people willing to get up early than stay late. Plus, with EMH at 3 parks....spreads out RD people even more. And wondering if those “after 12pm tix” are making a difference as well in the RD crowds.

Last edited:
We will be there in 2 weeks and so hoping the crowds continue to be low. Thanks to everyone posting their EEMH experiences.

As has been mentioned already, 7DMT was down at the beginning of EEMH this morning, so we hit Space Mountain which was a walk on by the time we got there around 7:15. By the time we got off, Mine Train was back open. Posted 30 min wait but we were on in closer to 15. Walked on Winnie the Pooh, all before 8am.

The rest of the day was very manageable, rode Splash Mt twice, used FP for BTM (20 min standby), did Magic Carpets and Jungle Cruise as walk ons before going back to 7DMT for our second FP. Then walked on at Enchanted Tales with Belle before lunch at BOG. After that, 7DMT was a 35 min wait, followed by Pooh again, Space Mt and finally no wait at Mickey&Minnie at Town Square. Left the park as the parade was getting to Main Street.

I read that it’s faster to cut through the marketplace to get to the Millennium Falcon, as opposed to walking the outdoor route. Can anyone confirm you can do this during EEMH? Or do the CMs walk everyone straight back to the Falcon?

I read that it’s faster to cut through the marketplace to get to the Millennium Falcon, as opposed to walking the outdoor route. Can anyone confirm you can do this during EEMH? Or do the CMs walk everyone straight back to the Falcon?
From what I've read they walk that initial crowd.

I have been obsessively checking wait times throughout the last few days then reminding myself that this coming weekend will probably be a truer signal of what our wait times are going to be like! We're there 21st-28th, HS Day is 26th. We have FP for SD at 1:45pm (plus tier 2 ones I'm not fussed about), but if EEMH works in our favour we'll be able to get TSL, RnR and TOT done during EEMH then hang out in SWGE until our 12:30 ADR at Sci Fi. We have an Oga's Res at 10:35am and a Droid Depot one at 6:30pm before Fantasmic, if we can get everything accomplished during EEMH i would love to leave the park after lunch for a nap and a swim and come back later. I know there's no way to really predict with certainty what it will look like on our day, but I'm so grateful to those of you posting the times! 13 DAYS TO GO!

I have been obsessively checking wait times throughout the last few days then reminding myself that this coming weekend will probably be a truer signal of what our wait times are going to be like! We're there 21st-28th, HS Day is 26th. We have FP for SD at 1:45pm (plus tier 2 ones I'm not fussed about), but if EEMH works in our favour we'll be able to get TSL, RnR and TOT done during EEMH then hang out in SWGE until our 12:30 ADR at Sci Fi. We have an Oga's Res at 10:35am and a Droid Depot one at 6:30pm before Fantasmic, if we can get everything accomplished during EEMH i would love to leave the park after lunch for a nap and a swim and come back later. I know there's no way to really predict with certainty what it will look like on our day, but I'm so grateful to those of you posting the times! 13 DAYS TO GO!

We’re going mid October and my plan was to do HS on Thursday of that week...but Thursday seems to be everyone’s plan. Fast passes are booked though, so I guess no re-thinking that now.

We’re going mid October and my plan was to do HS on Thursday of that week...but Thursday seems to be everyone’s plan. Fast passes are booked though, so I guess no re-thinking that now.
We're going Saturday. And possibly Monday and Wednesday.

Since it looks like they are opening MK for EEMH right at 7, can anyone tell me if the castle walkway is open (to get to Peter Pan) and are photographers out at 7 doing castle pics or do they start after the initial crowd goes though?

Since it looks like they are opening MK for EEMH right at 7, can anyone tell me if the castle walkway is open (to get to Peter Pan) and are photographers out at 7 doing castle pics or do they start after the initial crowd goes though?

The castle walkway wasn't open when we went yesterday. They were ushering folks around the east side of the hub to scan magic bands, and then you could either go to Tomorrowland or to Fantasyland past the Merida meet and greet.

There were plenty of photographers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!