Extra Extra Magic Hours! Post Your Experiences Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is our first day and it is just so weird. Every ride at ak was a walkon today starting with fop at 7am. We only used our fp for ee which had a 20 min wait or so around 12. We did everything in this park other than bird show and train and finished by 2pm including some shopping.

WOW!!, That's incredible. We'll be there 9/21, (9/20 - 9/27 WDW) and I don't expect that to be the case when we are there. But even if it's slightly (??) busier I'll be pleased. Have a wonderful time.

I’m there the same time for a once in a decade or longer chance trip. I’m sure it won’t be this slow but just hoping maybe somewhat close!

Now the wait time posted is only 30 mins.

I don’t know why I keep looking at these times - makes me want to hop on a plane and be there RIGHT NOW!! I am afraid I am setting myself up for disappointment next trip when everything but a few things aren’t five minute waits! 😬🤣

Enjoy everyone that is there! Thanks for sharing your experiences!
I am going in 5 days time, and it cannot come soon enough!

I booked DAH MK and a MNSSHP prior to the EEMH announcements. I intend staying up after the 1pm DAH close and going to SWGE that morning. I want to be at the parks by 5am since EMHs are useless if you are at the back of the crowd. That means an Uber at 430am, and that means getting up a 4am latest. I won't even be home for MK until 130-2am. Luckily, I am a night owl that needs very little sleep!

9/7, 7:37 AM:

DHS:
MFSR: 40
SDD:35
TOT:10

MK:
Meet Mickey:15
7DMT, Speedway, Philharmagic, Meet tinkerbell, Meet Rapunzel/Tiana, Meet Cinderella, Small World: all 10

AK:
FOP:30
Navi, Bug: 10

All other rides and attractions: 5 or less

Longest wait for SDD we’ve seen in EEMH if I recall correctly. I didn’t write down the time but it was much shorter when I glanced at it shortly after 7

EDIT: MFSR dropped to 15(!) by 7:50

Last edited:
It seems like the best strategy is to do TSL first. Now if I can just talk my SO into bypassing Galaxy's Edge first thing.

Do you think easywdw's description of the long, uncomfortable walk for RDing MFSR would be sufficient? It definitely seems to me that doing TSL, then RnR ToT ST, then heading back to SWGE at about 8:30, just ahead of the day crowds, would be the most pleasant way to experience the EEMH.

So is the consensus to do TSL at rope drop at 6am and then head to Galaxys Edge before 8:30?

Do you think easywdw's description of the long, uncomfortable walk for RDing MFSR would be sufficient? It definitely seems to me that doing TSL, then RnR ToT ST, then heading back to SWGE at about 8:30, just ahead of the day crowds, would be the most pleasant way to experience the EEMH.
That's what I'm thinking. Josh seems to have confirmed it, if nothing else to avoid that walk at 6 AM. I'm hoping he does posts for MK and AK too. Though we may end up going into Galaxy's Edge closer to 7:30 than 8:30.

So is the consensus to do TSL at rope drop at 6am and then head to Galaxys Edge before 8:30?

I think the best plan is to be flexible. If you’re near the head of the crowd at RD, go GE and head directly to MFSR. You’ll still have short wait times in TSL and then can return to GE to explore. If you’re at the back or miss RD, do TSL first. Of course, follow this thread for the latest info on crowd movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!