Extended Evening Hours

With so few big liner attractions, am wondering if the extra magic hours for the deluxe hotels is really useful? Any thoughts?

Jenn

We felt it was for MK not for ep. Probably helps that regular park was open till 11 so people cleared out after the fireworks at 9 I’d assume. At MK we got into line for hm at 1055. Walked on that then pp. little wait for 7d. Went over and walked on buzz and sm. Then headed over to btmrr. By that time it was 1245. From 9-11 when eeh started we did Aladdin, poc, btmrr, splash.

At ep we kinda messed up and did lwtl and nemo starting around 8. At about 830 we got in line for soarin. We should have just started there. By the time we got off that and got over to tt (about 915) and rode we only had time for either remy or frozen. The waits weren’t walk on or very short like MK. Tt also went down for about 20ish minutes while we were in line. So from 830-11 we got to ride soarin, tt, and remy. We got off remy about 1055.

Hi all, I have seen earlier in the thread that check-in and check-out days qualify for the after hours, has anyone had experience with after hours in a split stay, where you check out of a deluxe and into a mod or value on an EEH night? For my upcoming trip it is looking likely that I’ll be in this scenario, I assume there won’t be busses to the non deluxe resorts at EEH close, right? Would it be best to stroll over to to a walkable hotel and Uber/Lyft to the other resort? Thanks!

I’m Trying to plan our late August trip. It’s the first trip for my kids (and I haven’t been since I was a kid) . We plan on doing one park per day. We are arriving early on Monday. (As long as the extended hours continue) Do you think it’s worth it to plan on going to Epcot to take advantage of them or just go on a day with regular hours?

Given you’ve said that you’re arriving early, I guess it’ll depend on what time you’re getting up that morning and whether you therefore think you’ll be able to make it to the end of the extended hours so that you can take full advantage of them.

Hi all, I have seen earlier in the thread that check-in and check-out days qualify for the after hours, has anyone had experience with after hours in a split stay, where you check out of a deluxe and into a mod or value on an EEH night? For my upcoming trip it is looking likely that I’ll be in this scenario, I assume there won’t be busses to the non deluxe resorts at EEH close, right? Would it be best to stroll over to to a walkable hotel and Uber/Lyft to the other resort? Thanks!
I did the split from deluxe to mod last fall and had no issues scanning in. We stayed a CBR, so we used the Riviera transportation, but Uber from front of park or walking to Boardwalk or BC from the back would definitely work

With so few big liner attractions, am wondering if the extra magic hours for the deluxe hotels is really useful? Any thoughts?

Jenn
Hello,

just returned today. At Epcot, we were able to do Soarin, Test Track single rider, and we could have done Spaceship Earth, but didn't. Soarin was just one screen as well. I thought I would have time for more, but because the park is so spread out, 2 hours goes by quickly. Same for MK. We did Space, Big Thunder, Small world and Haunted, and that brought us to 12:45. Remy and Frozen still have a bit of lines at Epcot, and SDMT is still quite busy. Actually, the best time for SDMT is during the fireworks. Posted time was 45 minutes, we maybe waited 15. After the fireworks, back to an hour +. So in answer to your question, you are lookiong at 3-4 rides for Evening hours, 2-3 if you want a headliner. It's up to you if that is worth it.

Ok what is going on with the extra evening hours at MK for April 6? This link says it’s from 9-11: Disney Extra Evening Hours
(As does every other website on the internet)

But this site says 11-1am Disney 5 Day Hours
They’ve updated the park hours and the park is now open until 11, so the hours are 11-1. It’s even on Disney’s own calendar -

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2022-04-06/
They’ve made the same general hours update every Friday for the past few weeks, so the late evening hours have changed like this for at least the past 3 weeks. I know, because it happened to the week I was watching for.

They’ve updated the park hours and the park is now open until 11, so the hours are 11-1. It’s even on Disney’s own calendar -

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2022-04-06/
They’ve made the same general hours update every Friday for the past few weeks, so the late evening hours have changed like this for at least the past 3 weeks. I know, because it happened to the week I was watching for.
Ok thank you. When did they change the hours? Would be nice if they updated it on all their pages or sent an email with the new hours if you have a park pass for that day. I got the email on March 5th reminding me to check park hours (which I did) and I swear it said the park closed at 9

Quick question if anyone knows! If Epcot closes at 9:00 with Deluxe extended hours from 9:00 - 11:00 and Harmonious begins at 9:00, does that mean that only the Deluxe guests can get in line for rides after the fireworks? Or can other guests still hop in line after Harmonious is over? Thank you!

Curious if others are using the extra evening hours from 11pm-1am then getting up the next morning before 7am to book ILL/Genie+ attractions?? Doesn't feel like much of a perk if it means I only get ~5 hours of sleep. Do folks typically sleep in the morning after extra evening hours? Thanks!

Curious if others are using the extra evening hours from 11pm-1am then getting up the next morning before 7am to book ILL/Genie+ attractions?? Doesn't feel like much of a perk if it means I only get ~5 hours of sleep. Do folks typically sleep in the morning after extra evening hours? Thanks!
We did the extended hours in MK last Wednesday. We were back in our room by 2am. I set my alarm for 6:50am the next day. I sleepily booked our first ride at 7am. But, I then went back to bed! We were stacking for an evening at DHS,. Had I had to actually get up at 7am for the day...........that would have been a different story!!

We slept in. We were there last Wednesday, and left at 1:00, asleep by 2:00. We had Moonlight Magic the next night, so no way we were waking up early. We woke up at 10:00, and started our day at the parks at noon.

Does the Skyliner run later if Epcot is open later than normal?

doing the W&D half and trying to see whether I’ll have the Skyliner as an option after the after party that Sunday night

My husband has golf booked the next morning at 7am. That should be fun.

My nephew (14) and I (38) got off btmrr at 1245, and was on the bus about 105. By the time we got to the room, showered, and I fell asleep it was probably about 230/3. I laid down a little after 2 but couldn’t fall asleep. Alarm was off at 6 the next morning. We got up, went to HS for a few hours, went to ds, back to the resort for an hour or two, then went to ep and left there about 9. I didn’t really feel too tired most the day until towards the end. He seemed to be ok too. I thought we’d be cranky all day but we weren’t. It’s different only getting a little bit of sleep and then getting up to have fun.

My parents left a little before us (a little after 12) and were asleep when we got to the room. They got through the day the same as us.

Our experience was a little different. At each ride, they had a CM stationed with a scanner. They scanned one Magic Band only and then asked how many in the party. The only exception was Space Mountain, where they scanned all of our Magic Bands.
What’s the latest on this? MBs of entire group or just one per group? We don’t have a MB for our latest addition.

What’s the latest on this? MBs of entire group or just one per group? We don’t have a MB for our latest addition.
If someone doesn't have a MB, they'll scan the person's room key/park ticket. So it doesn't matter (as long as everyone qualifies for the extended hours - I've read of groups getting into ride queues because the person whose MB was scanned qualified but the others didn't).

Each person had to scan. In the morning, it seemed like they scanned one per group, but the evening was definitely done on an individual basis. I would definitely recommend either a physical room key or magic band. We saw someone at the Speedway struggling with their tickets on their phone and they were having a terrible time with Apple Pay trying to come up and everything else. They had to step to the side to figure it out while he cleared the line of magic bands. They eventually were able to get it sorted to ride, but you could see they were flustered and he (correctly) wasn’t going to let them in line without it being clear they qualified.

As an aside, I do feel bad for the ride cast members that had to be the ones to tell guests that they didn’t qualify. You could see it made some of them uncomfortable when people seemed to genuinely not understand why they weren’t allowed to enter the line but others could.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter