Extended Evening Hours

DVC92

DIS Veteran
At the WDW site, if you search Extended Evening Hours, it shows EPCOT on Mondays and MK on Wednesdays. However, when looking at the daily park hours on the site, it now shows Extended Evening Hours for every park, every night. Anyone know what that is about?

But I believe it was newly added. Further, on the nights they are supposed to occur in MK and EPCOT, the hours aren't showing.

But I believe it was newly added. Further, on the nights they are supposed to occur in MK and EPCOT, the hours aren't showing.
You're right, for the known nights the hours don't show up as they should.

Last edited:
Can someone clarify if you need a reservation for that park on the day of Extended Evening Hours? For example, we are AP so can Park hop and DVC so staying at a Deluxe Resort. Let's say on one of the Wednesdays that MK is having Extended Evening Hours I have my park reservation for AK and then park hop to MK after 2pm. Can I stay until 11pm? Cannot tell from this information (will call to clarify bu just was curious if anyone knew! TIA!)
  • Guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours–or, Guests may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or annual pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park where they made their reservation.

Can someone clarify if you need a reservation for that park on the day of Extended Evening Hours? For example, we are AP so can Park hop and DVC so staying at a Deluxe Resort. Let's say on one of the Wednesdays that MK is having Extended Evening Hours I have my park reservation for AK and then park hop to MK after 2pm. Can I stay until 11pm? Cannot tell from this information (will call to clarify bu just was curious if anyone knew! TIA!)
  • Guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours–or, Guests may experience extended evening hours if they have a ticket or annual pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park where they made their reservation.
You can hop to the evening hours. You just have to have a reservation for any park that day (and tap into the park you have reserved). Or you can reserve the park with the extra hours
You can't just bypass the reservation system.

You need a reservation for the Evening Extended Hours park unless you have park hopping capability. Then you need a reservation for any park and after entering that park you can hop to the EE park post 2 PM. However, you must have a reservation for something. You also must have valid admission that covers the EE park (an AP or park hopper ticket would cover that)

You can hop to the evening hours. You just have to have a reservation for any park that day (and tap into the park you have reserved). Or you can reserve the park with the extra hours
You can't just bypass the reservation system.
Great, thank you both for the clarification. Since I have AP and staying at a Deluxe Resort sounds like as long as I scan into the park I have the reservation for that day, I can go to EE for whatever park has it that evening. Thank you again!

I wonder if they will add EE for all the parks during the December crush
I think it's a fairly strong bet that Disney will return as many features as possible depending on staffing. It's just a matter of who gets the staffing next: Trams? Restaurants? Resorts? Parks?

Will non-eligible Guests be allowed to stay in the Parks to eat and shop during EEH as was the case with PM EMH?

I am so torn with whether I should change my Epcot day to the day with extended evening hours or add PH to my ticket for that day! I have my Epcot day after my Christmas party night because I'll be up late and even with the 30 min early entrance, I can sleep in to head to Epcot the next day.

But it seems the two hours for just Deluxe resort guests would be a primetime to get around the parks easily! I'm just not sure PH'ing for just those 2 hours is worth it given my park schedule currently isn't too rushed (one full day at each park, as needed, and the Christmas party one night).

And am I right that Remy's isn't going to be available during the extended hours? That seems insane to me but it's not in the list - wonder if it's just a typo?

I am so torn with whether I should change my Epcot day to the day with extended evening hours or add PH to my ticket for that day! I have my Epcot day after my Christmas party night because I'll be up late and even with the 30 min early entrance, I can sleep in to head to Epcot the next day.

But it seems the two hours for just Deluxe resort guests would be a primetime to get around the parks easily! I'm just not sure PH'ing for just those 2 hours is worth it given my park schedule currently isn't too rushed (one full day at each park, as needed, and the Christmas party one night).

And am I right that Remy's isn't going to be available during the extended hours? That seems insane to me but it's not in the list - wonder if it's just a typo?

I don't know about your Remy's question, but I can tell you that you can't add PH for just one day. No matter if you only use it once, you have to pay for the PH for the duration of your whole ticket, FYI.

I don't know about your Remy's question, but I can tell you that you can't add PH for just one day. No matter if you only use it once, you have to pay for the PH for the duration of your whole ticket, FYI.

Thanks for the info! I've always either just done all PHs as a part of my trip or no PHs and just assumed I could add it to one ticket if I wanted!

So if I leave MK one day and go to the customer service window and say I've decided I did want to go to Epcot that night (assuming I could make a last minute park reservation for after 2:00) could I add a PH to that day's ticket they'd say no and I'd have to buy a regular priced theme park ticket for Epcot?

Thanks for the info! I've always either just done all PHs as a part of my trip or no PHs and just assumed I could add it to one ticket if I wanted!

So if I leave MK one day and go to the customer service window and say I've decided I did want to go to Epcot that night (assuming I could make a last minute park reservation for after 2:00) could I add a PH to that day's ticket they'd say no and I'd have to buy a regular priced theme park ticket for Epcot?

If you decided to leave MK one day and hop to Epcot, you could add park hopper at the ticket booth, but they would charge you the full price for park hopper. Even if you add hopping on your last day, they would charge that price, even though you didn't hop the previous days (rather than breaking it down to a per day price). I think it's $85.

It's usually cheaper to do that than buy a one day ticket which is over $100 dollars. Hope that helps!

If you decided to leave MK one day and hop to Epcot, you could add park hopper at the ticket booth, but they would charge you the full price for park hopper. Even if you add hopping on your last day, they would charge that price, even though you didn't hop the previous days (rather than breaking it down to a per day price). I think it's $85.

It's usually cheaper to do that than buy a one day ticket which is over $100 dollars. Hope that helps!

It is helpful- thanks 😊

All - anyone know how they are going to keep track if we are staying at a Deluxe hotel and qualify for Extended Evening Hours? Just wondering if we need to pick up a wrist band after we go into the park or something like that at our hotel?

All - anyone know how they are going to keep track if we are staying at a Deluxe hotel and qualify for Extended Evening Hours? Just wondering if we need to pick up a wrist band after we go into the park or something like that at our hotel?

They seem to be scanning magic bands throughout the park (eg entering rides)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter