Extended Evening Hours

SO are the shops and counter service places open during extended evening hours? How do they clear the other guests out of the park?

SO are the shops and counter service places open during extended evening hours? How do they clear the other guests out of the park?
My understanding is that they don’t clear people out of the parks but they cannot get in line for an attraction because MagicBands/tickets are scanned.

I made the mistake when I did EEH to get in the regular line befor lark close. Wait till after it starts than you tap in and go through the LL line. Most food places will be closed tho.
Am I understanding this correctly? For Remy, if we wait until 9:05 pm after the park closes and while the fireworks are going, we can go through the LL lane even if there are people who got in line before park close still in the regular line?

Am I understanding this correctly? For Remy, if we wait until 9:05 pm after the park closes and while the fireworks are going, we can go through the LL lane even if there are people who got in line before park close still in the regular line?

I tried this in January, and it didn't work. Lightning lane was totally closed. Regular line wasn't terrible, though.

I tried this in January, and it didn't work. Lightning lane was totally closed. Regular line wasn't terrible, though.
I was told this in oct.. so did they change policy? also if the lines are over 60min long and the EEH are 2 hours than you dont really get a perk over day guests.

did they make you scan in to join the standby line?

I was told this in oct.. so did they change policy? also if the lines are over 60min long and the EEH are 2 hours than you dont really get a perk over day guests.

I didn't try it in October, just rode Soarin a billion times, LOL. This was my strategy for January. I'd say the wait was maybe 30 minutes. They made you scan to even get back towards the ride and then again to get in standby line.

I thought it would be more, with people going in at the last minute. Maybe the no ILL helped?

When there are extended hours at the parks, for "select" resorts does that refer to Top tier resorts only? 🙈 thanks.

When there are extended hours at the parks, for "select" resorts does that refer to Top tier resorts only? 🙈 thanks.
The extra morning 1/2 hour is for all of the resorts. The extra evening hours are for deluxe resorts only.

Extended Evening Hours are for guests staying at Deluxe Hotels and Deluxe Villas, SoG, Swan, Dolphin and Swan Reserve.

It seems that no one knows the answer for sure about using the LL for deluxe ... if anyone has confirmation, it would be appreciated!

We used the LL last night at Test Track during Epcot’s extra evening hours for Deluxe guests, but we had a scheduled DAS pass at the time. I don’t think anyone else but DAS was in the LL - the CMs were on a speakerphone instructing all Deluxe guests to scan in at the standby line. This was around 9:30 p.m.

We used the LL last night at Test Track during Epcot’s extra evening hours for Deluxe guests, but we had a scheduled DAS pass at the time. I don’t think anyone else but DAS was in the LL - the CMs were on a speakerphone instructing all Deluxe guests to scan in at the standby line. This was around 9:30 p.m.
Ok, thanks. I guess we do just have to wait for the guests at the end of the night to go through the line. But that's good that they still have DAS passes during extended evening.

The LL for Remy was completely closed and blocked off at Epcot after hours in January. I was there about 15 minutes at about 9:10, because the line is mostly outside, and I didn't see anyone go in it. Cast members were scanning you to enter the little back alley to Remy and then sending you to the main line, where you were scanned again. The line moved much faster than the normal Remy line.

At the other rides with lines at Epcot, Frozen and Soarin, I didn't see anyone in the LL the whole time or anyone cutting the line at the end. We didn't ride TT because of height, so maybe it's different on that ride.

In October after hours, we had a wheelchair in the party, and we did take some back entrances. I guess people might think that's LL, like in Haunted Mansion you skip the stretching room, but it's just the accessible entrance.

I can also imagine plaids skip the line, but I didn't see any.

I was told this in oct.. so did they change policy?
Extra Hours started in October (it was a 50th thing, right?), so maybe this is what they tried at first, then realized it was a horrible idea and scrapped it.

We were there in Oct, did both extra hours evenings. They weren't putting anyone through the LL in either park.

We were there in Oct, did both extra hours evenings. They weren't putting anyone through the LL in either park.
Yea I never used the LL line either but someone on here said I could have so I was kinda upset . Glad to know we were doing it the correct way lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter