Everything christmas - Belle now in her Blue dress

i agree that the garlands look a bit on the scant side!!! also i dont like the snowmen as much as the beautiful glass baubles from years past :rolleyes2 BUT i am sure it will all be beautiful when we arrive for 5 days at the DLH in 6 days time :cool1:

i agree that the garlands look a bit on the scant side!!! also i dont like the snowmen as much as the beautiful glass baubles from years past :rolleyes2 BUT i am sure it will all be beautiful when we arrive for 5 days at the DLH in 6 days time :cool1:

Yes, I agree - I suppose, sometimes decs can be OTT like the Princess light garlands of the past! I think they are trying to go for a more traditional look which is fine by me!

Actually, I have just seen a photo on DCP of the lit up garlands and while small, when the park is quite dark, they actually look very pretty in a petite kind of way ;).

Anyone seen the video of the descent des stairs yesterday @ the DLH? Belle & Beast were there - it was fab, but I doubt it will be a regular occurrence - again probably for the press and opening of the gingerbread house!

I know I've said it already, but why is Belle in her yellow dress which we see all year? I really hoped for the blue villager dress (which was rumoured) or even her Christmas dress :confused3. All the other characters - fab 5, are in Christmas outfits! Do you think they wondered if people would recognise her? :rotfl2:

why on earth would they not have Belle in her Christmas dress?? its xmas for goodness sakes!!!

I saw Belle and wasn't bothered fighting the mob when she wasn't in her Christmas dress.

The garlands are ok in real life. They seem to end in mid air though rather than go right to the buildings which looked a little odd to me and there are only four of them from what I remember but they don't look to badly spaced when you're in front of them. I just thought in general DLP was lacking with Christmas stuff but then I'm comparing it to Florida who took Santas sack and shook it all over their parks :rotfl:

There are 5 of them - 3 before the gap at Walt's - Market Deli and 2 after.

When I look at this photo taken at WDW last Thursday I'm only seeing 6 and they don't look that much bigger.

Photo taken by Tarf :flower3: over on DCP

dsc07856h.jpg

There are 5 of them - 3 before the gap at Walt's - Market Deli and 2 after.

When I look at this photo taken at WDW last Thursday I'm only seeing 6 and they don't look that much bigger.

Photo taken by Tarf :flower3: over on DCP

dsc07856h.jpg

They don't look too different do they. I think the angle of the photo sometimes helps too. I quite like them when lit up :goodvibes.

Read on Inside DLP that Father Christmas will be available to meet in the Village on some evenings - not sure when or what time yet though. To be fair, the setting isn't quite as nice as Cottonwood Creek but if you can't get in to see him there, I suppose the DV is an option :thumbsup2.

If I read anymore info or anyone else does, please post details.

Had to post this from Steve (DedicatedtoDLP) - more on his site, but this just made me sooo excited...

"This is just the tip of the iceberg so expect a lot of updates over the coming weeks. This is the fifth time I’ve visited Disneyland Paris during the Christmas season, and though I had some doubts before I arrived, I have left feeling the festive celebrations have been taken to a new level."

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

All I can say is - Steve, if you read this on here.... get a move on with the information/more photos pretty please ;) :flower3:.

Is that some kind of new show? I can't find any about Mickey in the official programme:confused3

This was in Videopolis - the band come out several times a day, whether Mickey is there every time I couldn't say, but he was there when I was eating lunch on Saturday :)

As for more updates - they are coming, just work keeps getting in the way ;)

The press weekend was brilliant, and the special Christmas Wishes shows was brilliant and the first time they've used different video mapping on the castle than the scenes we see in Dreams!

This was in Videopolis - the band come out several times a day, whether Mickey is there every time I couldn't say, but he was there when I was eating lunch on Saturday :)

As for more updates - they are coming, just work keeps getting in the way ;)

The press weekend was brilliant, and the special Christmas Wishes shows was brilliant and the first time they've used different video mapping on the castle than the scenes we see in Dreams!

Thank you Steve (you must have felt your ears burning :lmao:)! By Wishes do you mean the Christmas tree mapping et al on the Castle that happened before Dreams? Or, did they put on a 'proper' Wishes show like days of old? If the former, is this something we'll see every night (can't see why they can't do the thing with the tree each night :confused3).

Read you tried BTM - good on you. My DDs (4 & 7) only seem to want to ride that after our June trip - think we rode it about 16 times in 4.5 days last time :lmao:. Next trip you'll have to keep your eyes open more - the theming is brilliant ;). Nice photos as well btw. But, what I can't understand is the lovely castle being all lit up just as it's time for everyone to go home? :confused3 Perhaps this isn't the case on a weekend - think the castle lighting is earlier than closing, but mid week it's 15 mins or so before Dreams isn't it.

Right, back to work ::yes::.

The Christmas Wishes was the little show they did around 8.30pm which included some video mapping, fireworks and a choir on the central hub with the characters. It was a special one night show for Disney's Enchanted Christmas to celebrate all the charities and some of the children affected who were guests of Disneyland Paris for the weekend. I took a video but I haven't sorted it out yet!

I have added an update to the website just now: Disneys Enchanted Christmas 2012, Disneyland Paris: Photo Report  Day 1

The Christmas Wishes was the little show they did around 8.30pm which included some video mapping, fireworks and a choir on the central hub with the characters. It was a special one night show for Disney's Enchanted Christmas to celebrate all the charities and some of the children affected who were guests of Disneyland Paris for the weekend. I took a video but I haven't sorted it out yet!

I have added an update to the website just now: Disneys Enchanted Christmas 2012, Disneyland Paris: Photo Report  Day 1

Thank you for posting this. These are the best photos I have seen. How amazing to be involved in such an amazing event :thumbsup2

The photos are truly stunning Steve - agree with Tinks, they are by far the best I have seen :thumbsup2. Thank you for posting this here - it's made me even more excited (and even more worried that I am going to cry the whole time I am there :rolleyes:).

This thread is REALLY helping me get excited about our trip, which is fab because it still doesn't seem quite real.. I think it's because I've been planning it for SO long that it still feels like a distant dream, and I'm so busy with work my new uni course and the kids and everything that I haven't had time to think about it enough yet.. or even to buy all the thermals and bits and pieces to take with us! But the little snow characters and the Christmas market stalls (which my kids will *love* - I'd assumed they were part of Belle's Village and therefore not happening this year!) look especially AMAZING :)

Thanks Steve! Great photos - really can't wait to see it all for myself!!! :santa: :yay: :santa: :yay:

I would love the carol singers to be there when we go but I expect they were another press event extra :(

Nothing wrong with happy tears of excitement first thing in the morning, right??

Thanks for posting that video Tinks...I can't wait....only 4 more days!! :dance3::santa:

MissSkellington said:
Nothing wrong with happy tears of excitement first thing in the morning, right??

Thanks for posting that video Tinks...I can't wait....only 4 more days!! :dance3::santa:

Ha ha I hope not i welled up watching DD sing along to twinkle twinkle in the dreams bit lol x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter