• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Epcot Food And Wine Festival Info 2008***

See Brenda..Im not the only one.... 2 PFTS!!!! We are trying for that also!

Yes, sadly we suffer from festival dementia...we keep going to all these events and letting Disney pick our pockets in the process. :rotfl:

We're going to be at WDW on 10/24 - 11/8. And same for us, we know that we'll be going to PFTS on 10/25. Sounds like we're going to miss each other this year... :(

I'm sorry that we won't get to meet up this year. :(

We're actually going to WDW a little earlier in the month than we usually do - I needed Columbus Day as part of my vacation time this year, so our choices were a bit limited.

You'll just have to come back here and tell the rest of us about all the great stuff you two tried once it's over!

We've planned on going to PFTS on 10/4 and 10/11, so maybe we'll see some of you foodies there as well. :thumbsup2

Excellent! :thumbsup2

My husband and I still don't know if it's impressive or STUPID! The meat sweats and cheese belly by the 2nd PFTS and 10 days of Food and Wine is a little freaky! I looked like REN from Ren and Stimpy - "GLAZED HAM -Chocolate covered Raisins"
:faint:

If we do make it to the 2nd we will see you on the 11th - I will be the one holding my belly and trying to get the last bite of Purple Haze - It is a waffer thin!

OK 6 Weeks-Only 6 weeks see..Trying..6 Weeks:hyper:

Don't forget the Utopias!

Actually some day I hope we get to try two PFTS because my understanding is that each one features different foods and wineries; so even though the price tag is pretty big it might be worth it (at least once!).

And you mentioned Ren and Stimpy!!! :rotfl2: I love Ren and Stimpy!

See Brenda..Im not the only one.... 2 PFTS!!!! We are trying for that also!

Some day we hope to join you! :)

Yes, sadly we suffer from festival dementia...we keep going to all these events and letting Disney pick our pockets in the process. :rotfl:

Festival dementia ... that's an awesome way to phrase it! :rotfl2:

I am crazy about the F&W fest and will be there almost 3 weeks this year. I am going to be sooooooo fat by the middle of November that they will have to roll me out of the place. :banana:
I know we plan on doing a couple of the Sweet Sundays and hopefully they will have someone really good there this year. We loved Matt from BakedNYC and Mindy from Hot Chocolate in Chicago and Richard Ruskell from Laguna Beach CA. Hope some of them will be there when we're there this year. :yay:
I'm also sure we will get in one or two of the PFTS. Yes, we save up $ all year for this!!!

PFTS 10/18 and either 11/1 or 11/8. I always do two.

I did three in 2006 and that was too much.

I will not be doing Sweet Sundays again, ever. And I will probably stick with food and wine pairings, as many of those as I can get, but only Coral Reef or Japan, maybe Italy, one Le Cel if I can get it. Anything else will be a signature dinner, or luncheon.

We very much want to try a signature dinner - it's just the last couple of trips the only thing that's been offered is the Pacific Northwest or some offshoot of it, and that's the least appealing thing we can think of.

Last year we would have been all over the luncheons at Citricos, Flying Fish, Jiko, and Blue Zoo but none of them were offered during our visit. We would have liked to have tried that South African wine tasting, too.

C'mon Epcot .... get that program info released so we can take out a third mortgage to finance our feeding frenzy! :lmao:

What is a PFTS?? I've been to DW about 20 times, but this will be my first for the F&WF. We will be there the end of Sept. I'm trying to get as much info as possible. Thanks

I did the Jiko lunch. It was awesome. My friend did the Citricos one, equally awesome.

But based on the reports I heard about the South African wine tasting I think I'd just skip it and go to Boma.

What is a PFTS??

Party for the Senses.

What is a PFTS?? I've been to DW about 20 times, but this will be my first for the F&WF. We will be there the end of Sept. I'm trying to get as much info as possible. Thanks

Party For The Senses is a separate event that takes place at the World Showplace at Epcot on Saturday nights. Admission last year was I believe $125 per person. It allows you to go around and sample all types of cuisine and wine. Performers from LaNouba also entertain.

Here's a more link that gives more details:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guides/epcot/events/PartyforSenses.htm

I will not be doing Sweet Sundays again, ever. And I will probably stick with food and wine pairings, as many of those as I can get, but only Coral Reef or Japan, maybe Italy, one Le Cel if I can get it. Anything else will be a signature dinner, or luncheon.

We weren't that enthralled with Sweet Sundays. Our thing is the Exquisite Evenings. LOVE those! ::yes::

3???? :worship: :worship: :worship: You are my Idol!

We very much want to try a signature dinner - it's just the last couple of trips the only thing that's been offered is the Pacific Northwest or some offshoot of it, and that's the least appealing thing we can think of.

Last year we would have been all over the luncheons at Citricos, Flying Fish, Jiko, and Blue Zoo but none of them were offered during our visit. We would have liked to have tried that South African wine tasting, too.

C'mon Epcot .... get that program info released so we can take out a third mortgage to finance our feeding frenzy! :lmao:

We did the South African Wine Event. It wasn't as good as we hoped. Though it is something that if they would offer again we would try knowing the wines are FANTASTIC from this area! How about a San Francisco wine and cheese special event???? :banana:

:goodvibes Pay or not.. it's an event on it's own to do three! :thumbsup2
I have to say I am proud.
I was just talking with my husband about the trip and I don't know how you don't go if you are there even with the $$$! It's a great event!!! I hope to see some of you at one of the PFTS!

A wine and cheese event ... a substantial one that warrants the price tag ... would be right up our alley. But we're not going to pay upwards of $60pp to attend a wine / cheese pairing like the ones they offered last year - too much money and not a whole lot to show for it was what I was told by those who did attend.

And we won't do another Sweet Sunday, either, unless the person hosting it is some kind of pastry god or goddess - once was enough.

Exquisite Evenings always sound interesting but the price tag is starting to frighten me ... we could eat at Vicky and Al's for less than they were charging for those evenings last year. :scared1:

Hi all!!

My DH and I will never do a Sweet Sundays event again either. Our presenter was just awful! :furious: I am an avid cook, so I know procedures. I felt so sorry for the novices in the group. The woman actually had the assistant explain what was going on. Plus, she botched up two desserts. I wanted to get up there and take over! ;)

Now, we did go to one of the Wine and Cheese pairings, we thought it was wonderful. I do think it warrants more of a $40 or $45 price tag. $60 is a bit steep for this event.

Can't wait to drain the bank account!!

Don't forget, there are many "free" events!!!

Hi all!!

My DH and I will never do a Sweet Sundays event again either. Our presenter was just awful! :furious: I am an avid cook, so I know procedures. I felt so sorry for the novices in the group. The woman actually had the assistant explain what was going on. Plus, she botched up two desserts. I wanted to get up there and take over! ;)

Now, we did go to one of the Wine and Cheese pairings, we thought it was wonderful. I do think it warrants more of a $40 or $45 price tag. $60 is a bit steep for this event.

Can't wait to drain the bank account!!

Don't forget, there are many "free" events!!!

My husband and I do a lot of the free wine classes and have loved them. They usually have great speakers and we have found many wines we might not have tried. Can't wait for more this year.:thumbsup2

Good morning Jeanne! Good Morning Chelsi! :goodvibes

Free is good ... we haven't made it to many of the freebies yet. I have a feeling we'll be doing that this year.

Off to get some work done now ... see ya later!

Thanks for keeping us updated on the upcoming F&WF events. It's my favorite time at WDW. As soon as I left Oct. 2007 I was looking forward to Oct. 2008. I can hardly wait.

I am glad I found this post. When I booked our trip in Nov. I didn't realize the F&WF was going on. I am so excited I get to experience it, even if we only eat at the food kiosks around world showcase. We will have our 3 children with us so I doubt we will get to do much more then "eat around the world". Our kids will actually be excited to0 because they love to eat new things. Looking forward to learning more information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter