***Epcot Food And Wine Festival Info 2008***

Hi! Can anyone tell me what the Samuel Adams Beer Seminar is? DF and I will be there in less than two weeks & he saw a picture of this & was wondering what it is! Thanks!! :bride:

It's a free seminar that explains a bit about how beer is made as well as how the Sam Adams company was started up and developed. You get to taste 4 different beers I believe and you get a free Sam Adams key chain

We went last weekend and I had really played the event up to my sister and bil and found that, although my dh and I were pretty disappointed, they thought it was fantastic. My husband took me aside and basically told me that I was making it worse by pointing out the changes and that since I couldn't fix it, I should just drink up and enjoy! I think I was so surprised about the changes I couldn't stop talking about them. You have the advantage that you are aware of them going in and can just act like everything is normal in front of your guests. Our other couple thought it was the best thing we'd done all weekend, so I'd just not explain to them that there are changes, they'll never know.;)

The food was still fantastic and we had a great time chatting with both chefs and pourers. I know it is a disappointment compared to last years at first, but I guess it's all in what you make of it now since we've all paid already! Enjoy!

Folks those of you reading this and going "OH NO" READ THIS CAREFULLY!

The truth is that if you haven't been you should NOT let the DIS dictate your "response"

It's part of the nature of the DIS...the glass is generally half empty as opposed to half full. Any and all changes Disney makes are generally treated as "BAD"

(Don't believe me, if you get really board do a search for a few years ago when Disney announced the Year of a Millon Dreams. Before the year even started people were complaining because they hadn't won anything and therefore this was a rip off. I AM SERIOUS. Disney was giving away FREE things and people were complaining! Same thing is happening on the FREE birthday event next year.... People (like me) who won't be there on thier birthday are "ripped off" :laughing: No matter what Disney does they are "cursed" on the DIS.)

So go with an open mind and enjoy yourself. If you walk around going "last year..." then the only person's trip you are ruining is yourself. Yes, you can and should tell Disney what you don't like, but once that's done SET IT ASIDE. Don't spend the entire visit going "last year" Never let yesterday eat up today. What if there isn't a "next year" for us?

The truth is that if you haven't been you should NOT let the DIS dictate your "response"

It's part of the nature of the DIS...the glass is generally half empty as opposed to half full. Any and all changes Disney makes are generally treated as "BAD"

(Don't believe me, if you get really board do a search for a few years ago when Disney announced the Year of a Millon Dreams. Before the year even started people were complaining because they hadn't won anything and therefore this was a rip off. I AM SERIOUS. Disney was giving away FREE things and people were complaining! Same thing is happening on the FREE birthday event next year.... People (like me) who won't be there on thier birthday are "ripped off" :laughing: No matter what Disney does they are "cursed" on the DIS.)

So go with an open mind and enjoy yourself. If you walk around going "last year..." then the only person's trip you are ruining is yourself. Yes, you can and should tell Disney what you don't like, but once that's done SET IT ASIDE. Don't spend the entire visit going "last year" Never let yesterday eat up today. What if there isn't a "next year" for us?

Hallelujah!!! :worship: :worship: EXACTLY the point that I've been trying to make over and over again, just nowhere near as elegantly as you and MinnesotaChill just did. Don't let the changes ruin your good time. You may not like them, may even strongly disagree with them, but move past it and enjoy the good that is there now. There is plenty left to still smile about and enjoy -- so ENJOY! :yay:

Brad

That's an excellent, excellent point that I just didn't think of, since I was so caught up in the changes. Thank you all for pointing that out to me!

DH and I won't breathe a word of it to my father.

Thank You!

This is our first F&W & I've been so anxiously waiting for the day to arrive (tomorrow! Woo Hoo! :banana: ) and the more I read, the more nervous I was getting that I'd made a mistake picking this event.

I totally understand how people feel about changes -- "I fear change" is my life motto! :lmao:
But since I have no point of comparison, I'm hopping for a really good time.

This is only true if WDW is changing your favorite things. (They've changed almost all of mine this year. For the record, I thought the Haunted Mansion rehab last year was great. This year, all the changes that affect me stink to high heaven, and if I don't like them I am going to say so.)

Hi! Can anyone tell me what the Samuel Adams Beer Seminar is? DF and I will be there in less than two weeks & he saw a picture of this & was wondering what it is! Thanks!! :bride:

It's a free seminar that explains a bit about how beer is made as well as how the Sam Adams company was started up and developed. You get to taste 4 different beers I believe and you get a free Sam Adams key chain

What Sarah said, but I wanted to add where it's located. ;)
Head to the America pavilion, and it will be located on the right side of the pavilion. There should be a sign posted in front of the queue for it listing the start times. It's always a good thing to arrive early. They don't serve more than perhaps an ounce or so of 4 beers. Usually the light, the original lager, the seasonal (often Octoberfest), and the special brew they make for the festival each year.

This is only true if WDW is changing your favorite things. (They've changed almost all of mine this year. For the record, I thought the Haunted Mansion rehab last year was great. This year, all the changes that affect me stink to high heaven, and if I don't like them I am going to say so.)

I'm not going to let the Festival changes affect my enjoyment of the Festival, but I'm in total agreement here. Disney has taken away a lot from us this year...most of them outside the Festival.

I've been able to adapt through the years with changes. Some of them still hurt, though.

What Sarah said, but I wanted to add where it's located. ;)
Head to the America pavilion, and it will be located on the right side of the pavilion. There should be a sign posted in front of the queue for it listing the start times. It's always a good thing to arrive early. They don't serve more than perhaps an ounce or so of 4 beers. Usually the light, the original lager, the seasonal (often Octoberfest), and the special brew they make for the festival each year.

Here's the sampling:

DSCN1804.jpg

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter