• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Epcot Food And Wine Festival Info 2008***

Can't wait first went in 2004 I was wondering if anyone has been there for the opening day and if they do anything special?
it seems that they are being pretty tightlipped about the activities this year :cool2: I mean its only 101 days away but whose counting:rotfl2:

Can't wait first went in 2004 I was wondering if anyone has been there for the opening day and if they do anything special?
it seems that they are being pretty tightlipped about the activities this year :cool2: I mean its only 101 days away but whose counting:rotfl2:

We were there for the first day of the F&W Festival last year and didn't notice anything special. Of course we could have missed something, but we weren't aware of anything done to kick it all off.

No, nothing different is done for the first weekend. And the events schedule generally isn't released this early. I would look for it at the end of July.

My kudos for starting this thread. I am subscribing, want to get tickets to the Party for the Senses. We were to go 2 years ago but Buffalo had that freak snowstorm and our flight was cancelled for 2 days. Can't wait to make up for lost time.

subscribe...by the way, last year the LeCellier pairing sold out in less than two minutes.

subscribe...by the way, last year the LeCellier pairing sold out in less than two minutes.

I know they go fast, but I don't think they all could have sold out that quickly. I know that I booked our Le Cellier pairing after booking the Scotch pairing at Rose and Crown. Having said that it was still something like 6:15AM Central time on the very first day they began taking reservations.

It's cut-throat!! :rotfl2:

Well, I got right in the first day at 7 AM Eastern time and booked our Greek Regional Feast first. Then I booked Le Cellier Food and Wine Pairing at 2:00 PM on one of the weekdays. When the CM retrieved the spots she said "You got the last two for that date." I looked at my watch and said "But it is only 7:06!"

Some dates go earlier than others even for the same restaurant. We always go over Halloween and it is a very crowded week.

All of that having been said, of the seven extra cost events we booked and attended for last year's F&W I would say the pairing at Le Cellier was definitely the most disappointing. This was our third time to be let down by this restaurant, so at this point we are considering it to be about the most overrated restaurant on property according to our personal experience. The last time we had a truly good dining experience there was at least five years ago.

We are going back for our 7th F&W this October. To all of you who are going, ENJOY!

Well, I got right in the first day at 7 AM Eastern time and booked our Greek Regional Feast first. Then I booked Le Cellier Food and Wine Pairing at 2:00 PM on one of the weekdays. When the CM retrieved the spots she said "You got the last two for that date." I looked at my watch and said "But it is only 7:06!"

Some dates go earlier than others even for the same restaurant. We always go over Halloween and it is a very crowded week.

All of that having been said, of the seven extra cost events we booked and attended for last year's F&W I would say the pairing at Le Cellier was definitely the most disappointing. This was our third time to be let down by this restaurant, so at this point we are considering it to be about the most overrated restaurant on property according to our personal experience. The last time we had a truly good dining experience there was at least five years ago.

We are going back for our 7th F&W this October. To all of you who are going, ENJOY!

Thanks for your input. I am not a Le Cellier fan myself but was thinking of trying to get the Food and Wine pairing this year just because so many rav about it. Now I will use my 4am call for something else!

It's starting to get so expensive that rather than do a "repeat" event we're trying to find new things to try. Even though Le Cellier was a bit of a bust for us last year, through no fault of the restaurant, I'm not sure I want to book it again, especially if something more interesting offers itself.

PFTS is the one exception right now, although we're debating what our price point is on that event.

If WDW keeps jacking up the prices for all of this stuff I really will need to get a second job to feed my food habit. :lmao:

It's starting to get so expensive that rather than do a "repeat" event we're trying to find new things to try. Even though Le Cellier was a bit of a bust for us last year, through no fault of the restaurant, I'm not sure I want to book it again, especially if something more interesting offers itself.

PFTS is the one exception right now, although we're debating what our price point is on that event.

If WDW keeps jacking up the prices for all of this stuff I really will need to get a second job to feed my food habit. :lmao:

We are in the same boat -wanting to try new things but the cheese and wine mega mart - I mean PFTS is also are only do over! We did two last year and I don't think my wallet or stomach can handle it - who am I kidding it's just the wallet- :rotfl:

I get up every morning hoping the mouse gods will take pity and release something of a schedule so I know what I have to hock to handle our special event needs!

Maybe we'll be there at the same time again this year Brenda.... :)

I'm glad someone else thinks LeCellier is overrated too. I agree-the last time I had a great experience there was around 2002/2003. We don't bother with it anymore even for the festival events. So many other great events that they offer that its really no loss to exclude it from our to do list.

We are in the same boat -wanting to try new things but the cheese and wine mega mart - I mean PFTS is also are only do over! We did two last year and I don't think my wallet or stomach can handle it - who am I kidding it's just the wallet- :rotfl:

Two?! Call me impressed! :worship: :worship:

I get up every morning hoping the mouse gods will take pity and release something of a schedule so I know what I have to hock to handle our special event needs!

:rotfl2: I do the same thing ... this morning I said to myself, "Self ... we should know something in six more weeks!" :lmao:

Maybe we'll be there at the same time again this year Brenda.... :)

That would be great! We're going to be at WDW on 10/8 - 10/17 so the only thing we know for sure is that we are going to PFTS on 10/11. The rest just depends on how much the mouse wants to price gouge this year. ;)

When are you two planning on attending this Fall?

That would be great! We're going to be at WDW on 10/8 - 10/17 so the only thing we know for sure is that we are going to PFTS on 10/11. The rest just depends on how much the mouse wants to price gouge this year. ;)

When are you two planning on attending this Fall?[/QUOTE]

We're going to be at WDW on 10/24 - 11/8. And same for us, we know that we'll be going to PFTS on 10/25. Sounds like we're going to miss each other this year... :(

We've planned on going to PFTS on 10/4 and 10/11, so maybe we'll see some of you foodies there as well. :thumbsup2

Two?! Call me impressed! :worship: :worship:

:rotfl2: I do the same thing ... this morning I said to myself, "Self ... we should know something in six more weeks!" :lmao:

My husband and I still don't know if it's impressive or STUPID! The meat sweats and cheese belly by the 2nd PFTS and 10 days of Food and Wine is a little freaky! I looked like REN from Ren and Stimpy - "GLAZED HAM -Chocolate covered Raisins"
:faint:
If we do make it to the 2nd we will see you on the 11th - I will be the one holding my belly and trying to get the last bite of Purple Haze - It is a waffer thin!

OK 6 Weeks-Only 6 weeks see..Trying..6 Weeks:hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter