• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Member Cruise 2025

Just dialed in out of idle curiosity... Said there were no agents available and the computer system hung up on me.

Sounds like they have a hit on their hands! I would have thought pricing would have limited folks, but the fact they are doing this during summer break tells me it worked out just fine.

Must be an amazing cruise... now that I can't get through I find myself wondering if I am missing something... Maybe Cozumel is better than I remember?

What is the current wait for folks calling in?
Once you get to the queue and the music, it can be 45-50 minutes or more to get to a rep, because each call takes a while depending on number of guests, whether first stateroom choice is available, number of staterooms being booked, and then to take payments.

Just dialed in out of idle curiosity... Said there were no agents available and the computer system hung up on me.

Sounds like they have a hit on their hands! I would have thought pricing would have limited folks, but the fact they are doing this during summer break tells me it worked out just fine.

Must be an amazing cruise... now that I can't get through I find myself wondering if I am missing something... Maybe Cozumel is better than I remember?

I didn't realize full payment was due in advance (that's what recording says - still on hold).

I'm on the fence about the whole thing but was hoping to book with 20% deposit and decide later. We have 2 DCL cruises this year so it wasn't really even in the plans for 2025, but the dates do work out well for those with kids in school. I guess with this demand, they can afford to do that and earn 5%/year on the cash for 16 months...

I didn't realize full payment was due in advance (that's what recording says - still on hold).

I'm on the fence about the whole thing but was hoping to book with 20% deposit and decide later. We have 2 DCL cruises this year so it wasn't really even in the plans for 2025, but the dates do work out well for those with kids in school. I guess with this demand, they can afford to do that and earn 5%/year on the cash for 16 months...
Full payment is always required on a MC.

Yeah, I think that it is standard practice with their member cruises that payment is up front...

That's another thing I'm not fond of, however, the same cancellation policies, I believe apply - so in this case you have up to 90 days prior to sailing to get a full refund I believe. I'm not sure to cancel if you cal DVC or the main number though.

We have been on the fence, as we love the dream. PC is closer to our home, we already have a 7 night booked on the Treasure for the Summer at a comparable price, and generally aren't thrilled with the itinerary. Being on a MC sounds on the one hand very fun, exclusive, and compelling - in fact we considered making our DCL strategy at one point to just do member cruises.

On the other hand, as Panda said in a recent episode of the show - you're on a boat with all these people who understand how Disney works just as well as you do - so imagine the competition for everything on the ship!

If you use Disney Visa, you have the six months to pay without penalty.

Only once it was cued in wrong, but eventually things were corrected. That was cancelled anyway due to Covid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter