• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC Guaranteed Event Weeks

Thanks for that info. A follow up question if you don’t mind:

Were you charged for days used or were you refunded based on days not booked?

In the first case you have absolutely no penalty for using GW. In second, you get points back by shortening a reservation but the 10% premium is still invoked and rolled into reservation point costs.

I was charged points according to the 2019 point chart.

Not sure how valuable this is

I did the Dopey Challenge last month and predictably it filled up quickly with it being the 25th Anniversary of the Marathon and 5th Anniversary of The Dopey Challenge
This years races happened right after New Year's, so we were able to enjoy NYE at the Magic Kingdom and run the races later that week

Well, "one-and-done" and "never again", now becomes "maybe" and I booked marathon week at SSR for January 2019 with no issues
This being a "non-anniversary" year for the races, it may not fill up as quickly, but if I decide to do it, I will take advantage of the early DVC booking window

Also some folks may not be aware that Run Disney events are non-refundable, so once you register, you are fully committed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter