DVC Guaranteed Event Weeks

The Polynesian and Copper Creek Master Declarations have the same wording on the Guaranteed Week. There is nothing that requires a Fixed Week start and stop on Sunday.

However, there is a stipulation that Disney will always have at least 65% of each accommodation type available for the traditional DVC members. The Polynesian Master Declaration states

"However, DVD will not sell Fixed Ownership Interests that include more than thirty-five (35%) of any specific day for any specific Vacation Home Type in the Plan. This means, for example, that Christmas day will be available for reservations on a first-come, first served basis in at least sixty-five (65%) of the "Studio Lake View" Vacation Home." (section 12.11.1.2, emphasis added)

Given the flexibility of the wording in the documents, DVD could easily sell weeks that start on any day of the week. They could also shift weeks around without a problem as long as DVD always leaves 65% of each accommodation type available for traditional DVC members to book.

Given the very small number of Fixed Weeks sold so far at Copper Creek (only 9 such deeds through December 2017), DVD will have no difficulty keeping within the 35%-65% cap.

As the fixed weeks are not a popular product it shouldn't be an issue. If there were more popular and being sold at 35% then by that wording DVD could have an issue with a floating week as they'd have to take that into account for any weeks that a person might reserve in since they weren't held to Sun-Sun. ie - say they couldn't sell 35% of weeks 43, 44 and 45 as the floating Wine and Dine week might be reserved into any of those depending on the race dates and take up more than 35% of the rooms on a day.

• As the fixed weeks are not a popular product it shouldn't be an issue. If there were more popular and being sold at 35% then by that wording DVD could have an issue with a floating week as they'd have to take that into account for any weeks that a person might reserve in since they weren't held to Sun-Sun. ie - say they couldn't sell 35% of weeks 43, 44 and 45 as the floating Wine and Dine week might be reserved into any of those depending on the race dates and take up more than 35% of the rooms on a day.
    Or they’d be dangerously close to creating a 3rd booking window. Fixed week owners can book within a week’s play of their chosen week subject to 35% limit.

The Polynesian and Copper Creek Master Declarations have the same wording on the Guaranteed Week. There is nothing that requires a Fixed Week start and stop on Sunday.

However, there is a stipulation that Disney will always have at least 65% of each accommodation type available for the traditional DVC members. The Polynesian Master Declaration states

"However, DVD will not sell Fixed Ownership Interests that include more than thirty-five (35%) of any specific day for any specific Vacation Home Type in the Plan. This means, for example, that Christmas day will be available for reservations on a first-come, first served basis in at least sixty-five (65%) of the "Studio Lake View" Vacation Home." (section 12.11.1.2, emphasis added)

Given the flexibility of the wording in the documents, DVD could easily sell weeks that start on any day of the week. They could also shift weeks around without a problem as long as DVD always leaves 65% of each accommodation type available for traditional DVC members to book.

Given the very small number of Fixed Weeks sold so far at Copper Creek (only 9 such deeds through December 2017), DVD will have no difficulty keeping within the 35%-65% cap.
That's c/w my understanding and is based on sales, not reservations per se. But it still says fixed weeks and they have traditionally functioned within the standard timeshare calendar. I do not believe that wording would allow for a pick and chose situation for less than a full week unless there were other info which would likely be in the multisite POS and I don't have a fairly recent copy.

Well I would assume a bib, long sleeved t-shirt, and finishers medal, as well as a couple of bananas, are included in each registration, as long as you show up to race.
Even their virtual marathon has a print at home bib included in registration.

Bib = Registration.

They aren’t guaranteeing you’ll actually get registered. They are giving you early opportunity to register. They aren’t just sending you the registration all done.

Dvc already has early registration. Is this even earlier than that? Doesn’t say.

If I’m wanting to buy *in order to have a room and do the run*, I will need to know the absolute specifics of the registration information. Having the room at princess guaranteed would be nice, but I wouldn’t buy this without KNOWING that I WILL get the bib. Er, registration. (Aka bib)

Bib = Registration.

They aren’t guaranteeing you’ll actually get registered. They are giving you early opportunity to register. They aren’t just sending you the registration all done.

Dvc already has early registration. Is this even earlier than that? Doesn’t say.

If I’m wanting to buy *in order to have a room and do the run*, I will need to know the absolute specifics of the registration information. Having the room at princess guaranteed would be nice, but I wouldn’t buy this without KNOWING that I WILL get the bib. Er, registration. (Aka bib)

Considering the guaranteed week would have to be more than 11 months out, I am assuming registration would fall sometime right around then, well before both the public and DVC specials get.
I would not be super interested in this myself thouth. I agree that normal registration is not too hard for DVC members, unless you are looking for something very limited like the Dopey Challenge. In that case, though, a 49 year commitment would be pretty intense and the luster of the run would quickly wear off.

The way I read it you are guaranteed to be offered a bib, but you are not obligated to accept it. But if Disney stops doing the race, like in California, then obviously, the guarantee would not hold.

I am assuming registration would fall sometime right around then, well before both the public and DVC specials get.

Legal stuff can't be assumed... My top 5 law firm partner sister in law would murder me if I did.

The way I read it you are guaranteed to be offered a bib

And that's not how I read it. It says it one way in the main text and another in the "Note".

But if Disney stops doing the race, like in California, then obviously, the guarantee would not hold.

Or if they just cancel a race. Like canceling Tower of Terror or the Animal Kingdom 5K scavenger hunt they had. Or change it entirely so you don't want to participate anymore. Like changing Wine and Dine to a daytime race instead of the awesome nighttime race it once was.

I am a person that this would appeal to. I'm their target. Truly. (except I'd prefer Grand Floridian) And I can't make it work for me, because *offered* isn't an absolute. Change the wording and put it legalese (and bring back TOT, lol) and then we can talk, DVC...

Legal stuff can't be assumed... My top 5 law firm partner sister in law would murder me if I did.

And that's not how I read it. It says it one way in the main text and another in the "Note".

Or if they just cancel a race. Like canceling Tower of Terror or the Animal Kingdom 5K scavenger hunt they had. Or change it entirely so you don't want to participate anymore. Like changing Wine and Dine to a daytime race instead of the awesome nighttime race it once was.

I am a person that this would appeal to. I'm their target. Truly. (except I'd prefer Grand Floridian) And I can't make it work for me, because *offered* isn't an absolute. Change the wording and put it legalese (and bring back TOT, lol) and then we can talk, DVC...

I would really just go VGF resale. To me, this is a bit silly and not enough of a tradeoff. It's a lot of money to commit, and to get what? Like you stated - registration is available for DVC members before the general public anyway, so you can get into most races anyway. At worst, you could sign up to go as a charity runner, pay a bit more money, and still come out ahead of people who buy direct.
Also, in terms of assured lodging, if no DVC is available, you can stay at a hotel either on or off property if need be. Odds are pretty good of you getting into some room at your home resort, where you would prefer to stay, at 11 months though. If not, start walking for the next year's race.

The way I read it you are guaranteed to be offered a bib, but you are not obligated to accept it. But if Disney stops doing the race, like in California, then obviously, the guarantee would not hold.
It sounds like it'd be separate purchases for each one. I'd presume it'd revert to a guaranteed week if the event ceased but one should read the details before committing.

Considering the guaranteed week would have to be more than 11 months out, I am assuming registration would fall sometime right around then, well before both the public and DVC specials get.
I would not be super interested in this myself thouth. I agree that normal registration is not too hard for DVC members, unless you are looking for something very limited like the Dopey Challenge. In that case, though, a 49 year commitment would be pretty intense and the luster of the run would quickly wear off.
I was informed that the registration would be one week before the DVC/AP registration.

I was informed that the registration would be one week before the DVC/AP registration.

This is why I don't get the incentive of signing up for this promotion. There are tens of thousands of runners for all of these events. DVC members get early signup. Dopey is the only one that is at all really limited, but you can just pay extra to go as a charity runner. Disney would need to considerably sweeten the pot to make me at all interested in this promotion. Something like bonus runner shelters before or after the race or something like that might make people take another look at a direct sale purchase.

This is why I don't get the incentive of signing up for this promotion. There are tens of thousands of runners for all of these events. DVC members get early signup. Dopey is the only one that is at all really limited, but you can just pay extra to go as a charity runner. Disney would need to considerably sweeten the pot to make me at all interested in this promotion. Something like bonus runner shelters before or after the race or something like that might make people take another look at a direct sale purchase.
It would only make sense for one who wants to guarantee access to accommodations, I don't think the registrations offer much value. Even then it only makes sense for a very small subset where finances and personal choice align for CCV retail. Basically someone who wants it, can afford it and doesn't much care what the cost is.

It would only make sense for one who wants to guarantee access to accommodations, I don't think the registrations offer much value. Even then it only makes sense for a very small subset where finances and personal choice align for CCV retail. Basically someone who wants it, can afford it and doesn't much care what the cost is.

Yes that would be a reasonable demographic. #1 they need to want CCV the most, and then #2 they have to love running. The first point is multiples of times more important than the second, though. Somebody like bumbershoot should not really be swayed by this sort of offer.
Considering the extreme weight that wanting to stay at CCV plays into the incentive, I kind of wonder why Disney is offering it, other than to get people talking about it on runner's discussion boards or something along those lines.

I recently signed my contact for Marathon Week at CCV. It's a Fixed Week deed for Week 1. The Special Events Rights causes this week to follow Marathon Week ensuring that I get Sunday before the race until the Sunday of the race. It also lets me modify my Sunday to Sunday reservation. My 2019 reservation is in the system for Tuesday (before the race) until Monday (after the race). There is no guarantee of a bib if sold out but the opportunity to purchase will be offered. In the event that Marathon Week is eliminated my fixed week falls back to Week 1.

I recently signed my contact for Marathon Week at CCV. It's a Fixed Week deed for Week 1. The Special Events Rights causes this week to follow Marathon Week ensuring that I get Sunday before the race until the Sunday of the race. It also lets me modify my Sunday to Sunday reservation. My 2019 reservation is in the system for Tuesday (before the race) until Monday (after the race). There is no guarantee of a bib if sold out but the opportunity to purchase will be offered. In the event that Marathon Week is eliminated my fixed week falls back to Week 1.
That’s a huge deal already. I can’t modify my fixed week beyond Sun-Sun.

Will it let you shorten your week? Can you do Thurs-Tues and get a refund of the points for two week nights?

I was given a fixed ownership understanding checklist. Item 4:

“For all Guaranteed Reservations, your check-in is on Sunday, and your check-out is the following Sunday. If you arrive late or leave early for your Guaranteed Reservation, any unused days are forfeited and you do not receive any credit for unused days. Other than party mix and guest names, you may not make any changes to your Guaranteed Reservation.”

876343B1-64DE-41FA-8D7A-261052F6F323.jpeg

BB03EC8C-6D38-47B5-B654-46483900B621.jpeg

I also looked at the deed. The deed says that specific use restrictions will be set forth in the membership agreement, which may be amended from time to time.

It would be nice if the ability to alter the start day of a week were extended to all fixed weeks owners, but I don’t see it happening unless this is the beginning of creating a 12 month booking window for some owners.

Personally, we normally travel Thurs-Thurs. it fits our lives better and allows my DW to return home on Sunday if duty calls for the following week. She gets a long weekend and everybody else gets a full park experience. I’d jump on being able to modify my week to Thurs-Thurs in a heartbeat (and that happens to be the F&W marathon weekend).

Thanks for posting this information.

Anyone seriously considering buying a Fixed Week deed -- even if they have no intention of participating in races -- should look closely at the RunDisney offer for Fixed Week deeds at CCV. It seems to offer more flexibility than the regular Fixed Weeks. I can understand why @ziravan wishes he had the option of deviating from the standard Sunday-to-Sunday week.

That’s a huge deal already. I can’t modify my fixed week beyond Sun-Sun.

Will it let you shorten your week? Can you do Thurs-Tues and get a refund of the points for two week nights?

Yes, I can shorten my stay and get a refund of points. Check out the Multi-Site Public Offering Statement, under the Buena Vista Trading Company Disclosure Guide, Section IV Guaranteed Reservations (Fixed Ownership Intrests Only), Items 5-9.

Thanks for posting this information.

Anyone seriously considering buying a Fixed Week deed -- even if they have no intention of participating in races -- should look closely at the RunDisney offer for Fixed Week deeds at CCV. It seems to offer more flexibility than the regular Fixed Weeks. I can understand why @ziravan wishes he had the option of deviating from the standard Sunday-to-Sunday week.

There is also some risk if you are trying to get a certain week. If the race weekend moves your guaranteed week moves as well (as long as the race exists). For example this year Star Wars: Dark Side Half Marathon Weekend is the third weekend of April and next year it's the first weekend of April. In addition, you will have to make sure the deed is for the week you would want if the race is cancelled. Marathon week is usually week 1 or week 2. I was not allowed to choose which week was my guaranteed week; if you bought the marathon week package it was week 1. Also if I read the contact correctly the special events right is non-transferable on resale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter