DVC Digital Member Card - How To Download Only, not comments about it

I just went to the DVC member site and printed out the temporary blue card for my next stay. I very seldom carry a phone on vacation and my wife "thinks" she knows how to use hers.
I have seen reports of shops not accepting that. The temporary blue card seems to be being phased out

Some good info here. My daughter added her card and has yet to ever find it. She is familiar with using her wallet for air travel, but it fell into a black hole somewhere. I’ll have to bug her again about it. When she tries to do it again, it won’t let her. She is much more IT savvy than I am, so not sure how to help her. I can’t get my older daughter to do it either. What’s with this younger generation? 😆😆😆😬. Btw, us old folks got our virtual IDs in our wallets the first try. Go figure.

Some good info here. My daughter added her card and has yet to ever find it. She is familiar with using her wallet for air travel, but it fell into a black hole somewhere. I’ll have to bug her again about it. When she tries to do it again, it won’t let her. She is much more IT savvy than I am, so not sure how to help her. I can’t get my older daughter to do it either. What’s with this younger generation? 😆😆😆😬. Btw, us old folks got our virtual IDs in our wallets the first try. Go figure.

Your daughter probably is more tech savvy than I am, but I will throw in my two cents anyway -
If a person doesn't have a passcode on their iPhone (which they have to enter every time they want to use the phone), then some things will appear in the wallet and some will not. Airline tickets will appear. Movie tickets will appear. Some Broadway show tickets will not. The DVC digital ID card will not.

Your daughter probably has a passcode on her phone, but I thought I would mention it just in case.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Yes, I'm shouting. I know you wrote out all the details just for me.
I am soooooo hopeless with phones/computer. Did you just mumble "how bad can she be"??? I wasn't sure how to take a screenshot. But I did it ! Hmmmm but now how to find it? Took me about 5 mins (I see you rolling your eyes) but I found it.

Thanks again.
Just to let you know, you aren't alone! I experienced several moments of anxiety during this :crazy2: . I think I've got it now though, have to go to google wallet and tap details to see my DVC y affiliation. Whew!

Your daughter probably is more tech savvy than I am, but I will throw in my two cents anyway -
If a person doesn't have a passcode on their iPhone (which they have to enter every time they want to use the phone), then some things will appear in the wallet and some will not. Airline tickets will appear. Movie tickets will appear. Some Broadway show tickets will not. The DVC digital ID card will not.

Your daughter probably has a passcode on her phone, but I thought I would mention it just in case.
Thanks, didn’t know that. Though I’m pretty sure she uses a passcode.

a passcode on their iPhone (which they have to enter every time they want to use the phone),
Just FYI for others new to iPhone Passcodes and the Wallet, you can log in via Face ID or Fingerprint ID most of the time, if your iPhone supports one of those. It just asks for the passcode periodically or when it can't get a good ID (like when eyes are covered by sunglasses or fingertips are wet).

Just FYI for others new to iPhone Passcodes and the Wallet, you can log in via Face ID or Fingerprint ID most of the time, if your iPhone supports one of those. It just asks for the passcode periodically or when it can't get a good ID (like when eyes are covered by sunglasses or fingertips are wet).

Ha, you got me, my instructions are old! I bet if you don't have a passcode on your phone but you have Face ID or fingerprint ID, the wallet should work for everything. But if you have none of those, the wallet probably won't work for some things, including the DVC card.

I am wondering what will happen with the WDW 50th Anniversary APP.
Will it be updated and re-designed for the end of 50 and start of 100 Years?

Also wondering about the DVC Member Site 2Factor Verification Process update. Announced then removed …
Just want it all to be Simple not so confusing.

Last edited:
Is there an alternative to this card? My husband is a blue card member. He does not have his own MDE account, nor does he want one. I manage everything. I’ve tried to load his card on to my phone but it doesn’t work.

My husband (who consequently works in IT as do I so not a technophobe at all) also didn't want to have his own MDE account, but too often we were not together when he tried to pay for stuff and the Disney cast members starting rejecting him using the electronic card with MY name instead of his name. So last week we finally got everything "fixed" with some tech support from Disney and he now has his own DVC card in his Google wallet (we are not Apple people either) so he can use it next trip.

Hopefully this also fixes the issue he has had the last few trips where his new MDE login wouldn't recognize that he was on our DVC reservation.

SIGH...Disney IT is just not good.

New resale Member. I followed the instructions and got a magic pass to show up on in my wallet, but... That is is. I saw it is suppose to flip to show the backside but nothing happens. I have an information circle I can press, but it does not say anything about DVC when I do. Suggestions?

New resale Member. I followed the instructions and got a magic pass to show up on in my wallet, but... That is is. I saw it is suppose to flip to show the backside but nothing happens. I have an information circle I can press, but it does not say anything about DVC when I do. Suggestions?

If you choose the three dots at the top of the pass in Wallet and it flips the pass and nothing is there, it may mean that your resale contract isn’t yet being seen.

It honestly doesn’t matter though with resale since you are not eligible for discounts.

However, I’d give it a few weeks after your account is set up, if it still doesn’t show the DVC ND, then I’d delete it, go back in to MDE, update your phone number and then reload it into wallet.

If you choose the three dots at the top of the pass in Wallet and it flips the pass and nothing is there, it may mean that your resale contract isn’t yet being seen.

It honestly doesn’t matter though with resale since you are not eligible for discounts.

However, I’d give it a few weeks after your account is set up, if it still doesn’t show the DVC ND, then I’d delete it, go back in to MDE, update your phone number and then reload it into wallet.
What if the 3 dots are not there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter