DVC Digital Member Card - How To Download Only, not comments about it

Once the card is loaded, should it be there forever? I did this before and saw the card, but now no longer see it. Of course it is possible I forgot how I got to it before!

Once the card is loaded, should it be there forever? I did this before and saw the card, but now no longer see it. Of course it is possible I forgot how I got to it before!
Once added to the wallet on your smartphone it should remain there unless manually removed. On an iPhone, if you turn off the use of the passcode it will be deleted from the Apple Wallet.

Once added to the wallet on your smartphone it should remain there unless manually removed. On an iPhone, if you turn off the use of the passcode it will be deleted from the Apple Wallet.
Thanks. Where do you turn passcode on and off, in wallet, in settings?

I was also just thinking that my phone changed since I had added the card to wallet, so maybe that caused it to disappear?

Ok I found the passcode and it was “on”. So it must have been because of the phone change. I added the card to wallet again, and hopefully it will remain there now!

Yay! Thanks to the instructions here, I got it. First time I used it was this morning, and the CM showed me how to find the "Y". So now am I all set for all time (assuming I don't sell DVC)? Also, is there a way to change the look of my card or are all DVC cards the same design? Another lady at the store had a virtual card that had Figment on it, but she was an APholder, so maybe she got a choice.

Also, is there a way to change the look of my card or are all DVC cards the same design? Another lady at the store had a virtual card that had Figment on it, but she was an APholder, so maybe she got a choice.
If you go back to the Disney MagicMobile screen in the MDE mobile app, there will be a "Change Pass Style" button at the bottom right of your card. Touch that and you will see all available card design options. As far as DVC designs, there is only one.

Thanks. Where do you turn passcode on and off, in wallet, in settings?

I was also just thinking that my phone changed since I had added the card to wallet, so maybe that caused it to disappear?

I don't know specifically what @erionm was referring to, but if your iPhone in general does not have a passcode, you are prevented from doing some things with the wallet, including using it for the DVC membership card.

When you want to use your iPhone to do anything, can you just go ahead and use it? Or do you have to enter a passcode first? That's what I'm talking about.

I noticed a feature that allowed me to "Share" my pass with my other travel companions. I shared my DVC Card with my wife (we are co-owners but I only have one Disney account set up for the 2 of us). The card is now in her Apple Wallet. It has the appropriate DVC Y. But it has my name on the card. Will this work when needed, or do I have to go through the trouble of creating a second account for our family then linking those accounts?

I noticed a feature that allowed me to "Share" my pass with my other travel companions. I shared my DVC Card with my wife (we are co-owners but I only have one Disney account set up for the 2 of us). The card is now in her Apple Wallet. It has the appropriate DVC Y. But it has my name on the card. Will this work when needed, or do I have to go through the trouble of creating a second account for our family then linking those accounts?
If the CM follows the requirements, they will ask for a photo id which must have the same name as the digital id card.

I’ve been trying to find out if digital cards, once already in Wallet, need to be updated. For example, we no longer have Annual Passes but the digital card still shows we have the annual pass. Do I need to re-do the card to have the new info? Thanks/

I’ve been trying to find out if digital cards, once already in Wallet, need to be updated. For example, we no longer have Annual Passes but the digital card still shows we have the annual pass. Do I need to re-do the card to have the new info? Thanks/
They are supposed to self update with any changes (at least on iPhones). You can try to delete it from the wallet and then re-add using MDE, but the "ANNUAL" affiliation might remain.

The temp card I printed before we went worked great, at a few stores cast members commented that they wished more people would do it. After I printed the card, I made a couple copies in case it got damaged, like on splash mtn.

Hi.
I just looked and although I see my card in my wallet, I no longer have the three little dots to hit so
nothing comes up, AP, Y, etc.
I just tried to go back on MDE but same thing.
Can someone please walk me through it step by step. I leave in two weeks.
I'm AP, DVC Blue, thank you.

Hi.
I just looked and although I see my card in my wallet, I no longer have the three little dots to hit so
nothing comes up, AP, Y, etc.
I just tried to go back on MDE but same thing.
Can someone please walk me through it step by step. I leave in two weeks.
I'm AP, DVC Blue, thank you.
You have to open the Wallet app in order to see the 3 dots. It's not available if you launch Apple Pay (double click side button or home button).

NOTE: on iOS 16, it's now a circle with the letter i inside of it.

The temp card I printed before we went worked great, at a few stores cast members commented that they wished more people would do it. After I printed the card, I made a couple copies in case it got damaged, like on splash mtn.
That's interesting, as from personal experience we know that some cast members are not taking the paper copies at this point. We were actually refused discounts twice on a previous trip in 2022 and had to go through the steps to set up the card digitally. I expect less cast members will accept paper moving forward.

@js if you have an iPhone, open the "Wallet" app and click on your WDW card.
Once there look in the top right corner and click on the "i"
unnamed.jpg

View attachment 732868
View attachment 732868
This is timely…. I leave in 6 weeks as well and yesterday morning went to my wallet and didn’t see the three dots. So I tried hitting the circle with the “i” for the heck of it yesterday, and sure enough everything is there.

@js and @Boardwalk III , one more thing I just found out about my iPhone - you have to unlock your phone first, then open the Wallet, if you want to see the back of the DVC card. If you open your wallet first, the phone thinks you want to pay for something and pulls up whatever card (DVC or CC) you might have there but won’t show the little “i.”

@js and @Boardwalk III , one more thing I just found out about my iPhone - you have to unlock your phone first, then open the Wallet, if you want to see the back of the DVC card. If you open your wallet first, the phone thinks you want to pay for something and pulls up whatever card (DVC or CC) you might have there but won’t show the little “i.”
Good to know, thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter