DVC Digital Member Card - How To Download Only, not comments about it

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
I'm updating this in case anybody else needs the instructions without going through the pages and pages of comments in the main thread.

To download your digital DVC member card:

If you have an iphone, keep in mind that you will be adding your MagicMobile pass to your phone's wallet, and Apple wants that wallet to be secure. This means that you need to do a few things on your phone before you start the MagicMobile process:
a) If you don't have a passcode on your phone, you have to add one.
(Or the Face ID thing probably works)
b) If you don't have 2-factor Authentication on your phone, you have to turn it on.
Supposedly, once you do this, you have 2 weeks to change your mind; if you don't turn it off in two weeks it's permanent.

After you have done all that:

Tap the Menu button (3 lines in lower right corner of screen)
Tap Disney MagicMobile in the menu
Tap Set Up Your Pass
Tap Change Pass Style to pick a different design
(I skipped the option to create passes for other people)
Tap Add to Apple Wallet
If you get an error message: see the Troubleshooting Tips below

To see if it worked:
Tap on the wallet icon
You will see the top of the MagicMobile pass you created.
Tap on it.
Now here's where it's confusing but easy.
At the very top of the screen, you will see the word DONE.
Across from that, you will see a lower case letter i in a circle.
(It might be three dots if you have an older version of Apple's operating system)
Tap on the i in a circle.
Now you will see your name.
If you are eligible for DVC benefits (meaning you bought enough points direct from Disney, which people think of as having a "blue card"), you will see DVC Y.

TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS:

Do you have the most up-to-date version of My Disney Experience on your phone?

What version of iPhone do you have? (wnielsen1)

Have you updated the phone's operating system? (Lehuaann)

Are you using the MDE account of the primary owner of the DVC contract(s)? dcfromva noted that awhile back-Disney arbitrarily changed the primary ownership on one membership to their spouse. But sandisw noted that as long as someone has a DVC log in and MDE account, and is an owner of a contract...doesn't need to be primary....then it should recognize you to show that you are entitled to a DVC discount.

All DVC owners must have their own DVC log in and MDE account. If spouses/partners are both owners, and only one has the accounts set up, then that is the only owner who will see the DVC Y (the member is eligible for Membership Extra Offerings) and DVC ND (the Member is not eligible for Membership Extra Offerings). (sandisw)

To be eligible for discounts you show the pass on your phone and photo ID. If your wife logs in as you and shows your DVC card and her ID they may not provide the discount. (DVCCanadian in another thread)

Those are the steps to add the card to either Apple Wallet or Google Pay (depending on your phone). In order to use the digital card to show that you are entitled to DVC discounts: If you have an iPhone, you need to go into Apple Wallet and select your membership card; then touch the 3 dots at the top to see the information screen.

Update by Erionm on 07/13/2023:
What version of iOS your iPhone is running will determine if you have the i in a circle or the 3 dots in a circle. Apple changed it from the 3 dots to an i within the last version or 2 of iOS.

If you have an Android phone, you have to go into Google Pay; then touch the 3 dots in "Details" to see the information screen. The information screen will display the "back" of the card where it will show either "DVC Y" if you are eligible for discounts or "DVC ND" if you are not not eligible for discounts. (Erinm in this thread; Marionette and Sandisw in another thread.)

If you are entitled to DVC Y but you don't see the DVC Y: go into your MDE account. Remove your phone number. Add your phone number back in. This updates your account. Go into your apple wallet. Delete the pass. Then add the pass back in. That should update your digital card to show the DVC Y. (sandisw in another thread)

Cast members might insist on seeing the digital card in your cell phone's wallet. But you can try downloading a temporary membership card. It will have an expiration date which is one month beyond the date that you download it. To find it, open a web browser on your phone (Safari, Chrome, etc.).
Go to the DVC Member website, which is: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com
Sign in to your DVC account
Tap on the menu button, which looks like three lines stacked on top of each other
Tap on HELP & CONTACT
Tap on FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Tap on MANAGING MEMBERSHIP
Tap on MEMBERSHIP CARD
Under Why is Disney Vacation Club no longer providing members with a physical blue membership card?
Tap on LEARN MORE
Tap on LEARN HOW TO ACCESS YOUR DIGITAL MEMBERSHIP CARD
Tap on VIEW TEMPORARY CARD
An image of your ID card will appear
Do a screenshot of it
If you had a blue card, it will appear as a blue card.

Last edited:
How do I download my DVC digital member card?

Please save me from having to go through the 77 pages in the main thread.

There was a video on the DVC member website and I followed the steps:
logged in the MDE app on my phone
Tapped Disney MagicMobile in the menu
Tapped Set Up Your Pass
Tapped Change Pass Style to pick a different design
Skipped the option to create passes for other people
Tapped Add to Apple Wallet
Got an error message: Please Try Again. Something went wrong adding a pass.

There are no other owners on my DVC contracts, so that can't be part of the problem.

I have the most recent version of the MDE app.

Advice, please!

You may need to update iOS

If you don't currently have a passcode setup on the iPhone, that's a requirement for the type of card used in Apple Wallet for the Disney MagicMobile Pass.

Is there an alternative to this card? My husband is a blue card member. He does not have his own MDE account, nor does he want one. I manage everything. I’ve tried to load his card on to my phone but it doesn’t work.

If you don't currently have a passcode setup on the iPhone, that's a requirement for the type of card used in Apple Wallet for the Disney MagicMobile Pass.
Oh! I think this is the problem!

(New phone, most recent operating system, most recent version of MDE, no passcode on phone yet.)

Last edited:
How do I download my DVC digital member card?

Please save me from having to go through the 77 pages in the main thread.

There was a video on the DVC member website and I followed the steps:
logged in the MDE app on my phone
Tapped Disney MagicMobile in the menu
Tapped Set Up Your Pass
Tapped Change Pass Style to pick a different design
Skipped the option to create passes for other people
Tapped Add to Apple Wallet
Got an error message: Please Try Again. Something went wrong adding a pass.

There are no other owners on my DVC contracts, so that can't be part of the problem.

I have the most recent version of the MDE app.

Advice, please!

Sorry to butt in...are these the steps to get your membership card downloaded so you can get to the DVC Y or DVC N screen? I am a Disney server and want to know the steps so I can help the guests at my tables. My restaurant has become strict on who and how many get a discount.

Sorry to butt in...are these the steps to get your membership card downloaded so you can get to the DVC Y or DVC N screen? I am a Disney server and want to know the steps so I can help the guests at my tables. My restaurant has become strict on who and how many get a discount.

Maybe somebody who got it to work can answer that for you (LOL).

Yes, those are the steps to add the card to either Apple Wallet or Google Pay (depending on phone). Once the card is added to the phone, they need to display an information screen. On an iPhone, they need to touch the 3 dots at the top left. On an Android, they need to touch "Details". This will display the "back" of the card where it will show either "DVC Y" if they are eligible for discounts or "DVC ND" if not eligible for discounts.

Is there an alternative to this card? My husband is a blue card member. He does not have his own MDE account, nor does he want one. I manage everything. I’ve tried to load his card on to my phone but it doesn’t work.

He must have his own DVC account and MDE in order to have it show on his own Magic Mobile pass. If not, he can't access discounts without you. He never has to use either of those, but without them, it won't show correctly.

To add to what has been shared, all DVC owners must have their own DVC log in and MDE account. If spouses/partners are both owners, and only one has the accounts set up...I do but DH does not...then that is the only owner who will see the DVC Y ( yes to discounts) and DVC ND (no discount).

As mentioned, the iphone needs a passcode in order for it to load correctly onto someones magic mobile pass.

Thanks for this thread. I get the same error. One of the troubleshooting questions has to do with who is the primary owner. I didn't realize that was a factor in getting the card to load. A while back-Disney arbitrarily changed the primary ownership on one membership to my spouse (who doesn't have my Disney experience) -I wonder if that is the membership that is on my magic mobile? I have another membership that has only my name on it.

Anyway, I can not tell which membership I am trying to load or even if there is a way to change membership numbers. (I can't remember what I did to get the card on the magic mobile in the first place).

Thanks for this thread. I get the same error. One of the troubleshooting questions has to do with who is the primary owner. I didn't realize that was a factor in getting the card to load. A while back-Disney arbitrarily changed the primary ownership on one membership to my spouse (who doesn't have my Disney experience) -I wonder if that is the membership that is on my magic mobile? I have another membership that has only my name on it.

Anyway, I can not tell which membership I am trying to load or even if there is a way to change membership numbers. (I can't remember what I did to get the card on the magic mobile in the first place).

As long as someone has a DVC log in and MDE account, and is an owner of a contract...doesn't need to be primary....then it should recognize you to show DVC Y. I have three different memberships and am primary on two and secondary on the other...my DD is 5th on it...and both of us show the correct DVC Y since we are the only ones who have set up both.

Coming in late...thank you so much for mentioning this! I've been having fits the last few days trying to get this thing to work.

Anyone know why the passcode setup is so critical? My wife hates the things.

Coming in late...thank you so much for mentioning this! I've been having fits the last few days trying to get this thing to work.

Anyone know why the passcode setup is so critical? My wife hates the things.

Because Apple Wallet can be used to hold credit cards. So that security piece is required even if you don’t have any of those linked

I just went to the DVC member site and printed out the temporary blue card for my next stay. I very seldom carry a phone on vacation and my wife "thinks" she knows how to use hers.

I just went to the DVC member site and printed out the temporary blue card for my next stay. I very seldom carry a phone on vacation and my wife "thinks" she knows how to use hers.

Let us know your experience once you return!

That's what we did the last few trips.
Doing it again for our Dec. trip.

I'm updating this in case anybody else needs the instructions without going through the pages and pages of comments in the main thread.

To download your digital DVC member card:

Tap the Menu button (3 lines in lower right corner of screen)
Tap Disney MagicMobile in the menu
Tap Set Up Your Pass
Tap Change Pass Style to pick a different design
(I skipped the option to create passes for other people)
Tap Add to Apple Wallet

I got an error message: Please Try Again. Something went wrong adding a pass.

Troubleshooting suggestions:

I had already checked to make sure that I had the most up to date version of My Disney Experience on my phone.

What version of iPhone do you have? (wnielsen1)

Have you updated the phone's operating system? (Lehuaann)

Do you have a passcode on your phone? That's a requirement for the type of card used in Apple Wallet for the Disney MagicMobile Pass. (erionm)

Are you using the MDE account of the primary owner of the DVC contract(s)? dcfromva noted that a
while back-Disney arbitrarily changed the primary ownership on one membership to their spouse. But sandisw noted that as long as someone has a DVC log in and MDE account, and is an owner of a contract...doesn't need to be primary....then it should recognize you to show that you are entitled to a DVC discount.

All DVC owners must have their own DVC log in and MDE account. If spouses/partners are both owners, and only one has the accounts set up, then that is the only owner who will see the DVC Y (the member is eligible for Membership Extra Offerings) and DVC ND (the Member is not eligible for Membership Extra Offerings). (sandisw)

To be eligible for discounts you show the pass on your phone and photo ID. If your wife logs in as you and shows your DVC card and her ID they may not provide the discount. (DVCCanadian in another thread)

Those are the steps to add the card to either Apple Wallet or Google Pay (depending on your phone). In order to use the digital card to show that you are entitled to DVC discounts: If you have an iPhone, you need to go into Apple Wallet and select your membership card; then touch the 3 dots at the top to see the information screen. If you have an Android phone, you have to go into Google Pay; then touch the 3 dots in "Details" to see the information screen. The information screen will display the "back" of the card where it will show either "DVC Y" if you are eligible for discounts or "DVC ND" if you are not not eligible for discounts. (Erinm in this thread; Marionette and Sandisw in another thread.)

If you are entitled to DVC Y but you don't see the DVC Y: go into your MDE account. Remove your phone number. Add your phone number back in. This updates your account. Go into your apple wallet. Delete the pass. Then add the pass back in. That should update your digital card to show the DVC Y. (sandisw in another thread)

Cast members might insist on seeing the digital card in your cell phone's wallet. But you can try downloading a temporary membership card. It will have an expiration date which is one month beyond the date that you download it. To find it, open a web browser on your phone (Safari, Chrome, etc.).
Go to the DVC Member website, which is: https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com
Sign in to your DVC account
Tap on the menu button, which looks like three lines stacked on top of each other
Tap on HELP & CONTACT
Tap on FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Tap on MANAGING MEMBERSHIP
Tap on MEMBERSHIP CARD
Under Why is Disney Vacation Club no longer providing members with a physical blue membership card?
Tap on LEARN MORE
Tap on LEARN HOW TO ACCESS YOUR DIGITAL MEMBERSHIP CARD
Tap on VIEW TEMPORARY CARD
An image of your ID card will appear
Do a screenshot of it
If you had a blue card, it will appear as a blue card.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! Yes, I'm shouting. I know you wrote out all the details just for me.
I am soooooo hopeless with phones/computer. Did you just mumble "how bad can she be"??? I wasn't sure how to take a screenshot. But I did it ! Hmmmm but now how to find it? Took me about 5 mins (I see you rolling your eyes) but I found it.

Thanks again.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Yes, I'm shouting. I know you wrote out all the details just for me.
I am soooooo hopeless with phones/computer. Did you just mumble "how bad can she be"??? I wasn't sure how to take a screenshot. But I did it ! Hmmmm but now how to find it? Took me about 5 mins (I see you rolling your eyes) but I found it.

Thanks again.
Glad it helped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter