Double Dippin Droppin Double Digits weight loss group.

Aneille- great job on the weight loss. You are inspiring me to start a new food journal. I made the mistake of stopping the journal and it has caused me to be lax with my food choices:worried:

I have bought a new journal and have gone shopping for good food choices so I am set to start tomorrow.

No one has posted in awhile.

I am still going strong. So far so good for this week. I am counting every bite.

Last Saturday was my weigh in and I was down 4 pounds last week!

So total so far has been 6.8 pounds in 2 weeks. I am very happy. I am hoping for a 2 pound weight loss this week but with the big one last week; I will settle for any weight loss.

No one has posted in awhile.

I am still going strong. So far so good for this week. I am counting every bite.

Last Saturday was my weigh in and I was down 4 pounds last week!

So total so far has been 6.8 pounds in 2 weeks. I am very happy. I am hoping for a 2 pound weight loss this week but with the big one last week; I will settle for any weight loss.

wow - that is amazing! well done! I really need to take my efforts to lose weight up a notch as I just seem to be sticking at the same level for ages.

You guys are probably getting tired of only hearing me but I had my weigh in this morning.

I am down 2.6 for this week for a total of 9.4 in 3 weeks.

I am very excited that I was able to lose weight even after the big week last week.

My point total for the day was adjusted today and hopefully it will not make it too much harder for me. I really want to hit my 10% in the next 3 weeks.

I hope everyone else is doing well even though the thread is so quiet.

Aneille- once again great job. I still have not turned myself around. I am maintaining my current weight loss but just cant seem to get back on track yet. Hopefully after this weekend I can focus again.

I really need to plan ahead. Especially for alternative eating on the weekends. We usually go to the lake and we always go out for pizza one night and cookouts are always hamburgers and hotdogs! Oh and of course an occasional stop at the ice cream shop! Time to resist. It is OK once in awhile but not every week!

Well done Aneille - that is amazing once again! You are doing so well. I am managing to maintain my initial weight loss but am not up to speed on getting rid of the rest of it. I have had a virus this week so didn't really feel up to making the effort, and I am so busy with DD's dance show rehearsals and costume making and my own work that I haven't got time to focus on much else. Hopefully once we pass the 4 month mark it will spur me on! Keep it up guys!:hug:

Can I jump in. You all seem so supportive to each other.
My name is Wendy. I am at my ideal weight but struggle daily. I have been overweight the majority of my 38 years. When I was 20 I lost 50 pounds and kept it off for 10 years until I struggled with infertility (Now have twins) and gained. When my twins were three I still had my baby weight plus some so I went to Jenny Craig and lost 50lbs again because we were going to Disney. I didn't want to be the overweight mom in all the pictures.

Anyway, I have been struggling the past few months. Although I need to drop a few, it just seems so difficult these days. We are going to Disney again in January and I want to feel great like I did last time.

Hoping I can hop on boards with you folks!

Aneille
Great job!! keep up the good work:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
I can not remember the last time I posted but life here is crazy. I am very proud to say that even with my stress out of control I have lost a total of 13 lbs. It might sound like a lot but I have ALOT to lose.
We just got Wii fit and it really makes working out fun.

I GAINED 8 of the 9 pounds back on my 2 week vacation mostly on the cruise i would imagaine!
UGHHHHHHH!

OH WELL

We dont plan on going back on a cruise for about 2 and 1/2 years so hopefully i will loose at least 10 or moe by then

:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the encouraging words. I am glad to see others joining in!

I had a very bad week as far as tracking what I ate and I had a very stressful week as well, but I still managed to lose 1.4 pounds this week.

So total now for 4 weeks is 10.8 pounds.

I really hope next week I can lose 3 pounds.

Dizzi - You really must have had a good time on your cruise! I am hoping to gain that much on mine! Honestly, I am losing weight to make room for the extra 10 I'll put on in October!

Michelle - That is awesome that you have lost 13 pounds! No matter how much you have to lose, you still lost 13 and that is what matters.

Midwest Cruisers - I just came from a cook-out myself. I ended up eating salad, some corn, fruit, small piece of chicken and 2 beers. Now I need to add up all the points. It is hard with all the parties. Tomorrow we will have a Fathers Day cook-out. In the summer the temptations never seem to end do they?

Good luck this week everyone!

I GAINED 8 of the 9 pounds back on my 2 week vacation mostly on the cruise i would imagaine!
UGHHHHHHH!

OH WELL

We dont plan on going back on a cruise for about 2 and 1/2 years so hopefully i will loose at least 10 or moe by then

:thumbsup2

Dizzi
I am sure that you will lose it again in no time. How was your trip?

anielle
I agree summer has to many temptation... Ice cream , ice cold beer , margarita, BBQ. But I think the plus side is that when its so hat salads are such a great dinner option. Kepp up the good work.
Totallyangelic
I agree that with the cruise rapidly approching I hope that I can stay focus to lose the weight.
Have a good day everyone.

I weighed in last week and I was down 3 pounds for a total of 14 pounds in 5 weeks.

Its quiet again here but I hope everyone is still plugging along with me.

I weighed in last week and I was down 3 pounds for a total of 14 pounds in 5 weeks.

Its quiet again here but I hope everyone is still plugging along with me.

WAY TOO GO!!!!!!
keep up the great work.
I have come to a slow down and it is very frustrating. I am having trouble with my liver and had to go off all of my pain meds which has made excersizing very challenging to say the least. Any tips you would like to share for you continued success??????

Michelle - I can tell you what I have been doing but I am not sure how helpful they will be.

I do not exercise, however I do have 3 children that keep me busy. I will start to exercise when I lose another 13 pounds. I must say though since losing just the weight I have, I have much more energy and have been walking and playing more just because I can.

As far as tips - I am doing Weight Watchers. I pretty much track everything I eat. I am constantly running a point total in my head. I do not use any activity points. I do eat some of my flex points for the week but I try not too. The weeks I have done the best have been when I have eaten less of those flex points.

I try to always overestimate how much something is point wise. If I am not sure what it is, I always go 1 or 2 points higher just in case. I have cut out most red meat. I do not like hamburger or steak enough to use points on it. I would rather have chicken or vegetables.

I do eat McDonalds Hamburgers though. We go to a lot of drive thru's. I have chosen to eat a McDonalds sundae instead of a meal at least twice in the past 5 weeks. I have found alcohol alternatives for myself. I can now make a martini shaker that is about 5 points and I get sometimes 5 drinks out of it. For me its the social aspect so if I have a drink that tastes just a bit like a martini but is mostly ice, its still satisfying to me.

I save points to treat myself everyday. I don't eat a large breakfast 1-4 points total. Then at lunch I try to stick around 5-7 which leaves me at least 11 points for the rest of the day.

I go to my meeting every Saturday and it helps that I have a friend to meet there. She actually was going first and I heard about it and started a few weeks after her.

I also log into Fitday.com and change my weight every week so I can see if my goal is still reachable. On the website you can log in a date, current weight and your goal weight and it will break down how much you need to lose per week to reach that goal. Its satisfying to see that I can do it. According to the website our trip is 17 weeks, 1 day away and I need to lose 1.63 pounds a week to reach my goal on the day my family leaves.

I just try to stay focused, although this week has been difficult. For me I hit the point where I needed to lose weight. I had never been that overweight in my life. I was a few pounds less than the weight I delivered my first child at. Even after my first child I lost weight and got down to less than my pre-pregnancy weight. I couldn't believe I was getting winded doing just everyday things.

I realised I felt mentally good and was happy but I could feel better, and honestly food wasn't making me feel good anymore. I would eat and feel bad. Once I got that through my head and also realised I mostly ate when I was stressed things fell in place. Now when I am stressed I find something else to eat or something else to do. Everytime I make a good choice, I try to be proud of that choice and not to dwell on the times I messed up.

I know this was long but maybe this will help someone.

Aneille
Thanks you so much for taking the time to post. You are doing FANTASTIC and it seems like you have a great plan. I have done WW in the past , after each child, and lost the weight with steady progress. I was a painfully skinny child and never had weight issues. I gained with each pregnancy but lost it with the help of WW. About 5 years ago my body just betrayed me. I did not change what I was doing or eating but in a 3 month period of time I gain 50+ pds. It has been a struggle ever since. I have been diagnosed with Lupus and fibromialga (sp) and have a extremely stressfull life caring for my disabled daughter. I was also just diagnosed with sleep apnia and hope that once I am sleeping better my weight will start to drop. My Dr had given me phrntermine to take it really was amazing I lost 13 pds in a month but had to stop because my liver stopped functioning properly.
I am a very healthy eater but have not been exercising much. I live in cronic pain and excersive is really hard. We bought Wii Fit and I am trying to do it every few days.
So tell me how you make your special martini???
Also how much are you going to lose by the time we sail?? I am planning on losing another 30lb :banana: :yay:
Keep up the great work and thanksa fpr inspiring me...

Well I am beyond happy. I finally drop another 3 lbs:cool1: :cool1:
I was really worried since I had stopped taking my meds but I think it actually has helped me. I am in a ton of pain and can't sleep but I lost 3 pounds. Yeh me!!!!!!That makes it a total of 16 down and many more to go but I know I am movin' on down!!!!!!

It's about time I resurrected this thread!

I am pleased to announce that for the first time in 2 years I have dropped below the 10 stone barrier and I am now officially 9 stone and 13lbs and I am really hoping to keep this up now and lose another few lbs before the cruise!
My DH is also trying to lose weight as he went on the scales the other day and they told him he was 2 stone overweight! Amazingly enough he was surprised, but I could have told him that!:rotfl: :rotfl:

That is awesome! I had to look up how much 1 stone was though!

I am still attending my WW meetings. Things have slowed down for me considerably but I haven't had a week without a loss since I started so I am certaintly not complaining.

I am down a total of 19.5 pounds, or 1 stone 5.5 pounds. Did I do that right? :goodvibes

Keep it up! I am hoping to lose at least 15 more before the cruise. My big hope is that I will lose 20 more.

It's about time I resurrected this thread!

I am pleased to announce that for the first time in 2 years I have dropped below the 10 stone barrier and I am now officially 9 stone and 13lbs and I am really hoping to keep this up now and lose another few lbs before the cruise!
My DH is also trying to lose weight as he went on the scales the other day and they told him he was 2 stone overweight! Amazingly enough he was surprised, but I could have told him that!:rotfl: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter