Don't lknow what to do about my husbands family....vent long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but she has not denied it either. Perhaps this fancy schmancy wedding has an afternoon reception. In that case she will be able to leave the reception after it is finished and make it to her flight. An evening reception (cocktails at 6:00, dinner at 7:00, etc) will probably necessitate her leaving early to make her flight.

sure I did...when you made it up the first time I told you not to assume.....it's funny how you are still making things up. Do you even know what time the wedding is? I didn't realize you knew so much about my life.

sure I did...when you made it up the first time I told you not to assume.....it's funny how you are still making things up. Do you even know what time the wedding is? I didn't realize you knew so much about my life.
Not to get nit picky or anything but what you said to me is this:

We are leaving from the reception. we will be going to wedding....which again I have said numerous times.

Since you like semantics so much, you said you are leaving FROM the reception. Not AFTER the reception. It's not technically the same thing.

Now, before someone accuses me of requiring people with kids to stay until the last drunk is cut off, I don't! I do hope that you are there for the cake cutting, though. If you are then you're not leaving early.

Not to get nit picky or anything but what you said to me is this:

Since you like semantics so much, you said you are leaving FROM the reception. Not AFTER the reception. It's not technically the same thing.

Now, before someone accuses me of requiring people with kids to stay until the last drunk is cut off, I don't! I do hope that you are there for the cake cutting, though. If you are then you're not leaving early.

If you want to quote why don't you quote where I called you a liar? Yes we are leaving from the reception. When the reception is over we are leaving. We aren't going home first...hence FROM the reception. We are driving to Disney and leaving right after the reception.

Any other lies you want to tell people?

Don't let this thread get to you OP. :hug: I don't know why people want to make more out of the situation than it is. It's one thing to disagree, but I think it's gone way too far.

Don't let this thread get to you OP. :hug: I don't know why people want to make more out of the situation than it is. It's one thing to disagree, but I think it's gone way too far.

thanks:) I agree. Many people have disagreed without making false accusations.

If you want to quote why don't you quote where I called you a liar? Yes we are leaving from the reception. When the reception is over we are leaving. We aren't going home first...hence FROM the reception. We are driving to Disney and leaving right after the reception.

Any other lies you want to tell people?

This last sentence just sounds so harsh. Rude.
Can you not hear yourself?

This last sentence just sounds so harsh. Rude.
Can you not hear yourself?

Agreed, this post really needs to be closed as it appears rather pointless. OP only really wanted the opinions of people who agreed with her, any other responses have been rediculed in a very disrespectful undisneylike manner.

Agreed, this post really needs to be closed as it appears rather pointless. OP only really wanted the opinions of people who agreed with her, any other responses have been rediculed in a very disrespectful undisneylike manner.

This thread was posted as a vent. Granted you get what you get on any thread, but it was a vent.

Disagree, sure. But really some the posts on this thread comes across like picking at a scab, trying to get a reaction. Harsh, rude. Far beyond disagreeing. Not very disneylike. It looks like a give and take to me.

I don't blame the OP for being defensive.

You can be defensive without being nasty.

It looks like the OP expected everyone to hop on the bash the inlaws band wagon.(agree with her)

That's true. There are posts on this thread that weren't by the OP that are in the nasty category. There are lots of assumptions, innuendos, and make believe on this thread. It all seems to be glossed over as "okay". That can get a person riled up.

it is tough because you ditched out on the wedding so they feal you are choosing disney over their weddings... is it your perogative to choose yes, is it there first wedding, if it is i bet your hubby feels pretty bad about it. is there any way just he could go to the weddings i know that is all my husbands family wanted they were annoyed that i was at his brothers wedding and i wasn't inculded in any family photos despite being married 2 years and now we have been married 9 years and i have nothing to do with them but that is besides the point had i known now that they just wanted him i would have saved myself 700$ in last minute plane tickets because they moved the date!! and we had laready bought plane tickets for the original date!

Wow, this has proved to be some interesting morning reading. OP,do what you want with your life. It's too short. If you don't want to be in the weddings then don't be. It may not be what I or many others would do, but they will get over it.

As for the rest of this show, some of you people need to lay off. Disneyjunkie you accuse the OP of being nasty, well look at some of the things said to her. She's been called names, accused of hating her family, been outright disrespected by most of you. Why wouldn't she be defensive. Your right maybe at that point it's time to turn off the computer, but I think the same goes to the rest of you attacking her. Maybe it's time to decide you disagree and move on.
robinb> she asked you a pretty straightforward question. Why do you make things up? Why not answer it? I think many of us would like to know why you fabricate stories, which you've done at least twice that I noticed in this thread. You've been such a presence in this thread and what she asked you was valid so answer it.

Anyway OP, some people will try to bring you down no matter what you say. I don't think not being in your SILs weddings warrant most of the comments brought forth in this thread, so I don't blame you for giving it right back to them. It seems they can dish it but not take it, so it just may be time to leave the thread.

OP you should not feel obligated to be a part of these weddings. If you were commanded to do so, then yes, I guess you have to if you allow that sort of thing in your life. However, if you were invited or asked, then that means you actully have a choice in the matter. The problem is that you are wanting the approval of people (ie. us and your extended family members). Do what both you and your husband want to do regarding your family and live with it. Life will go on. It makes no sense to allow yourself to be bullied into doing something you don't want to do. You will only resent others afterwards. If your husband wants this. I mean the wedding party, then compromise with him. As to pleasing the posters and extended family members, forget about it. There is no right or wrong here. It is not a sin to turn down an offer to be a part of a relatives wedding party. Do go if they'll have you. Give a lovely gift and be kind. All you really owe them is love and respect. :rolleyes1

I just really don't understand this thread. :confused3

I can understand people disagreeing with the decision to not participate in the weddings, but I cannot figure out how that has turned the OP into some monster who hates her husband's family.

The OP and her husband together made the decision not to be in the weddings, but that's being pinned on the OP alone. So, if my brother decides not to participate in a family event we should all assume that it's because his "evil" wife hates our family and wouldn't let him?

The above is from your first post...you made equal mention of both the younger and older sisters' upsets in your vent.
When I first read this several days ago I understood it to be about the 14yo sister and the brides were just an additional bit of info. Yes, they were given equal mention in the one sentence you quoted, but the rest of the post was about not taking the teen on the trip with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter