Does anyone here actually make dinner in their villa?

We have 9 in our family now with spouses and grandchildren and prepare breakfast and dinner in the villa everyday of our stay. It is an adult joint effort that allows for more bonding time and saves a lot of money. The meals are more relaxed and everyone has input on the menus.

When we go with a large group we always cook. I freeze things ahead of time, and bring it with us in a cooler. It really tastes good, and it saves so much money. There was a thread awhile back where people described what they cooked in the units. Some were very clever! I learned a lot from that thread. I will go look for it.

We tend to switch it up; it depends on where we stay, how long we stay, and whether it's a visit with or without park tickets.
Our upcoming Jam trip is for 19 nights total, without park tickets, so we will probably cook up to 50% of the time.
Dinner out for 19 nights could be rather costly. We do tend to eat at Disney Springs more often than not, and we occasionally go over to Landry's.:darth:

We almost always cook on our trips. We bring along our Instant Pot and make our big meals for lunch in the room. We then get something light in the park at night. Saves us a ton of money. As far as not feeling safe cooking in the room, why on earth would Disney put a kitchen in the villa, if they didn’t want people cooking? If you don’t feel safe having people cook around you, you really should not have bought a timeshare.

Not sure I'd call it cooking..but we love starting every day with breakfast in our villa. Sometimes it's scrambled eggs, sometimes it's egg sandwiches, but eating breakfast together is a luxury we don't get at home, and the good breakfast is a great way to start a day since we're rope droppers LOL!

Once in awhile, I used to make pasta in the room for the kids when they were young. Now, if we are at Boardwalk, we may grab a pizza from the pizza window and enjoy it back in our room.

The other thing I appreciate is a place to keep leftovers. I can't eat a whole cupcake all at once, so I love having the fridge to store my leftovers in!!!

We have done a one bedroom and two bedroom and cooked each time. Beef wellington, lasagna, etc. We will be in a two bedroom at the end of the month and probably will not cook at all. We will just enjoy the space. its also nice to have a full refrigerator and don't have to bend over to get a beer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter