Does anyone here actually make dinner in their villa?

Never. Nope. Last thing I want to do on vacation is cook and clean.

Anyone else think it's dangerous for guests to cook in their rooms? It's too easy to accidentally start a fire.

Anyone else think it's dangerous for guests to cook in their rooms? It's too easy to accidentally start a fire.
Each kitchen comes with a fire hydrant. Disney’s got ya covered! :thumbsup2

In all seriousness, it’s not like people are using hot plates on the carpeted floors; it’s a proper kitchen. Not a lot of folks burnin’ down their kitchens in my neighborhood. Not sure how it would be different in a DVC.

I agree on everything you said.

We do when there is a grill to use. We did twice in Aulani last week. Hamburgers, hot dogs and Spam! Not successive days, all delicious with salads and asparagus and other fixings! There were 6 of us, two grill cooks.

Spam fried rice, woohoo!

My 1st apartment, the size of a walk in closet, had a 2 burner hot plate and a microwave, and if you're so inclined, you can make magic happen with just 2 little appliance. I would do more studios if they were all like BLT, I love that little galley kitchen they have, the layout is really great.

Last edited:

We just have quick stuff in the morning like cereal, scrambled eggs etc. and maybe a quick sandwich for lunch. Since we go during food and wine festival the bulk of our meals are at Epcot. On our non park days we enjoy trying the many restaurants at various on site resorts.

We try and cook as much as possible. I do think it's tough in a studio, so we stick with bagels and cereal.

I make breakfast almost every morning. I will make extra bacon and use that on grilled sandwiches for dinner. We will also order pizza and eat leftovers for days. We eat lunch in the parks. It saves so much money.

Took my niece and her family (husband and 2 children, 6 & 18 mo.) in February. We stayed in a 2BR.

Money was a concern for them, so we cooked most dinners, and all breakfasts, in the unit. I made and froze spaghetti sauce and taco meat at home, and packed them in a cooler in my checked luggage for the flight. We also bought take and bake pizza and a frozen lasagna (YUCK) from the store. I don't remember the other nights, but I think we only ate 1 or 2 dinners out. The frozen items stayed solid from 5:00 a.m. when we left home until 2:00 p.m. when we got in our room. They were still solid.

If we stay more than a couple of days then I consider making a meal or 2.. otherwise, we will usually get breakfast items and make that instead :)

Only heating up water for tea and making cereal and toast for breakfast. Wait, no. I think we reheated leftovers for lunch once.

We cook on almost all our vacations. If we aren't in a DVC unit at Disney, then I will rent a house through VRBO or something similar. Somehow cooking on vacation doesn't seem like a chore to me. I enjoy cooking for my family anyway. I've brought my Mickey waffle iron a few times. We do all breakfasts in the villa. We will have a lot of lunches and some dinners in the villa. Usually simple things like pasta, or chicken breasts. Sometimes crockpot meals. If we travel with extended family we take turns making dinners.

Now I need to adjust my cooking because my oldest child is in college and isn't traveling with us as much. I have a bad habit of cooking too much anyway.

Nope on vacation and so many good places to eat. Just eat breakfast in the room. Granola bars, peanut butter and jelly.

We have cooked breakfast on days we are entering a park late, but never cooked dinner. With all of the good options available, I don't think we ever will.

I’m not sure if this is a silly question or not. Does anyone cook in their villa? If so, what are you making? We take an afternoon break and I want to make our dinners, but I also kind of feel like once I get there I might feel too tired and lazy. What is your experience?

Yup. Saves loads of $$$$

If I though it was dangerous, I would have never spent money buying a timeshare with functional kitchens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter