Does anyone here actually make dinner in their villa?

WDWkristin

Earning My Ears
I’m not sure if this is a silly question or not. Does anyone cook in their villa? If so, what are you making? We take an afternoon break and I want to make our dinners, but I also kind of feel like once I get there I might feel too tired and lazy. What is your experience?

Yes! I actually love to cook so we eat most of our dinners in our villa. We do spaghetti, crock pot meals, fish, steak, nothing too complicated. We go to the local grocery store upon arrival and I look for sales and start my dinner building. Takes about an hour to shop. Crock pot meals have to be a favorite though.

During the first half of our split stay on my last trip, I made a pasta dish with red sauce and ground meat. Nothing crazy, but it did necessitate chopping some veggies. Also marinated some chicken and roasted it to serve with rice. Again, nothing crazy.

Also heated up a frozen pizza and warmed up some leftovers a couple of nights... not sure that counts though.

I tend to ADR towards the end of my split stays as I tire of cooking and would rather just leave it to far superior cooks (who I'm not married to).

Yep. We were in a studio for four weeks and did practically every meal in there :-)

When we are in a studio we will do a little bit..mostly bfast stuff like microwave eggs in a coffee cup or oatmeal. I keep snacks and maybe sandwich stuff but it's all pretty simple. I won't bring a crockpot or struggle with cooking full meals. When we do a 1 bed I will cook a lot more. Some people don't want to cook on vacay but for me after a long day at the park coming back and having a quiet beer or wine while I put together something simple is not torture. We like to have a good bfast on those mornings we are not doing a park also and I will do that once or twice when we have 10 days in a 1 bed. I will say OKW is MY favorite resort to stay at when I want a 1 bed and will be cooking a bit. I make thing like spagetti, tacos, salmon and veggies, chicken breast and salad. nothing stressful.

Last edited:

Nope. I go on vacation to NOT cook dinner. Boiling some eggs for breakfast is about the extent of my cooking for that week.

We do buy bread and peanut butter, cereal and snacks, frozen pizza, etc. so we will eat some meals in, but usually it's breakfast and/or lunch and then have dinner out.

My wife hates the key lime pies at Disney restaurants and my wife requires key like pie when she visits Florida. So, she buys key limes at the grocery store and bakes a pie each time we go down. We also eat breakfast in the room each day - eggs, bacon or sausage, toast, oj.

We make dinners when we stay at Hilton Head most nights, since there are no restaurants on property.

I made a spaghetti bolognese one night with some jar sauce and ground beef I had ordered in as part of our shop from Instacart. Given the time difference (5 hours time difference from UK) and how tired we are the first full day by the evening, it was a relief not to be going out again for evening meal and just having that spaghetti bolognese, not to mention the $100+ saved. We have all breakfasts in the villa, and we make up sandwiches for lunch which we have there if back, or take into the parks. The sandwiches took me 5 mins to make- less time than queueing for a quick service, and a lot healthier. We used to eat out in table service every day, but we have had enough of uninspiring food and over charged prices so in 10 nights we only ate in table service 3 times. We had the one evening meal in, and other times we went for quick serve which was all very good apart from the Restaurantosaurus where the burger was rancid. We spent just over $1000 on food in a 10 day trip and drink for a family of 4, including 1 $200 Instacart shop and a 12 pack of beer from Speedway opposite Boardwalk. Try doing that on dining plan.

Yup. Breakfasts, tacos, spaghetti, sandwich stuff and mac n cheese for after pool snacks, frozen pizzas, frozen lasagna for the fam. I'm gluten free (not by choice lol) so there are specific brands and foods that we bring that I know are safe to eat. Makes Disney (and DVC specifically) one of the easier places to travel and eat well!

We usually eat our big table service at lunch. And we have picky little kids. So a few nights we'll grab quick service for adults and make hot dogs, mac n cheese, etc for the kiddos with our fruit from breakfast and some milk etc. They are happy to have some "comfort" food, we are happy knowing they will eat a full meal, and we save money. :)

I bring mini bagels and little cans of tomato sauce. The store (usually) sells blocks of cheese, and the room (usually) has a cheese grater - if it doesn’t they will bring you one. I bring tin foil to cook on so clean up is a breeze.
Also burritos are easy - can of beans, can of rotel, bag of tortillas, bag of Spanish rice. I bring anything non perishable from home, and order sour cream and cheese if I’m doing a grocery delivery or just get whatever the DVC store has.
We don’t go back to the room to eat, but if we are around the resort anyhow we eat in the room.

Just back! We did pancakes and bacon all 3 mornings. Also had sliced strawberries, bananas, mandarin oranges and coffee.
Made sub sandwiches and chips for lunch one day.
BRV has a great gas grill set up. We grilled steaks and chicken. I cooked baking potatoes in microwave.
We eat out some, but love breakfast in the villa and an occasional lunch or supper. It gives a chance for some relaxation time for our family.

We always get at least a one bedroom with full kitchen. I make breakfast every day. Have lunch meats for lunch and make occasional simple dinners. We rarely go to the parks anymore so we spend all our time at the pool. We like to go out to dinner, usually in Disney springs.

Yes, we cook at least one meal a day in our villa. Usually breakfast, but we often make grilled sandwiches for lunch or dinner. Sometimes we just heat up a pizza but I've BBQ'd stuff and my wife often bakes some chicken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!