• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you take CBD oil for anxiety?

My opinion is that this is largely a placebo effect product.
Not sure if I agree only because we started giving this to our dog who has awful anxiety and seizures and I can't believe the change since we introduced it. He is so much calmer, literally a new dog.

My spouse tried to use the gummies, and even when taking one in the morning, he would stay awake the entire night.
I know, I know, this is contra-indicated. They are suppose to make you at ease, restful, but it did the exact opposite for him. He tried several days and each day, the same thing happened.

CBD ointment helped heal my shoulder last summer, when nothing else was making a difference. Also works on my PFD. We have a local shop that makes and sells CBD, which is very handy as the staff is not pushy and very helpful.

My unsolicited advice for my fellow DISers: please be very careful with these products if you are employed at a company that ever performs drug screens. (Or if you decide to start apply for job with other companies.) CBD products claim to be THC free (THC is the part of the Marijuana plant that causes a "high" effect and is what will show a positive drug screens.) But CBD, like vitamins and other supplements, isn't tested/vetted by the FDA at all so they can say whatever they want about their products and there's no accountability.

When tested, about 30% of CBD products are showing positive for THC.

I know, I know... You did your research and the company you picked is really good and legit and their products are for sure THC free. My advice to you is to not trust their word... Check it for yourself.

I work in HR, with new employees who know they are going to be drug screened. We have let go of a couple of people who were very professional, knew for several weeks they were getting hired and would be drug screened, were very excited about their new job with our company, and were absolutely flabbergasted by drug results that were positive for THC. They told us about CBD products they use, how much research they did, etc. They are now and forever non-rehirable for our company which is a shame because we are the biggest "player" locally in our industry.

I would recommend you find a company who performs high quality/very detailed drug screens, and pay to have yourself tested after you've been using CBD products for a little while. Some due diligence on the front end could save you heartache down the road.

Wow, you work for a nasty company! I bet the CEO couldn't pass the tests given to new hires.

How many drops do you take per day?

Also seeking experiences, reviews, etc...

Thanks!
I started taking it about 8 weeks ago, for anxiety and also for help with migraines. It has not helped me at all. I know it has helped others so I was very hopeful. I put a full dropper under my tongue- around 10 drops.
I wish I had better results!
I've had terrific results. Some things to point out based on these two posts...

The dosage can't really be related based in number if drops and so on... With the oil the total qty if CBD for the bottle is written there somewhere. Divide that by volume of bottle to get (mg CBD)/(ml of oil). Multiply that by volume of each dropper full and titrate based on full-half-quarter droppers. That's my method, can figure CBD content down to individual drops too, especially if it's very potent stuff.

Problem with oil under tongue is that I think it tastes gross. It seems it's always carried in either hemp oil or MCT oil or, once, olive oil. A maybe better method if you don't like it is to get CBT isolate powder and mix with liquor. I actually use pure grain alcohol, like everclear, but anything will do. The isolate us tasteless pure CBD that will dissolve in anything. Can use water base too but I think the alcohol helps move it through the skin. Now you can mix it up with exactly the strength per dose you need.

The other thing to consider is dosage. 5mg if CBD goes a long way to make painkillers work better. Even OTC painkillers work tons better alongside small doses of CBD. For anxiety and insomnia it takes me (ymmv) a whole lot more. I get gummy rings with 100mg per ring in a 30 pack for $25 and eat a quarter two times a day then a half at night. Sometimes at night it takes a full 100mg to settle me down to sleep.

But I went from 15mg Ambien every night for last 10 years to 5mg Ambien one or two nights a week.

My spouse tried to use the gummies, and even when taking one in the morning, he would stay awake the entire night.
I know, I know, this is contra-indicated. They are suppose to make you at ease, restful, but it did the exact opposite for him. He tried several days and each day, the same thing happened.
Some ppl pick up some of the traditional weed side effects like paranoia and nervousness, munchies, a little time dialation; usually just a tiny version of them. This is more common if the CBD is what's called "full spectrum" meaning it has a lot of the other canaboid 'terpenes' along with the CBD. It also will have a little higher level of trace thc. Find CBD that specifically says pure CBD and 0% thc and try that. Or buy pure CBD isolate and mix it from there.

Is anyone here using Delta 8?
I have because I was hoping that CBD would work with the D8-THC with the same kind of synergy it does with regular old THC (D9-THC for the nomenclature crowd). Weed is legal in MI, even recreationally but I don't really like it. The tiniest amount and I get wrecked. Not in any sort of enjoyable way either.

The D8 feels an awful lot like I remember pot feeling way back in the good ol' bad ol' days. It doesn't waste me like pot does but it does get me a little stoned and to be honest, I don't really dig that. On top of that, it doesn't punch up the beneficial effects of CBD like regular weed does, so I pretty much just leave it alone.

I use it, not for anxiety, but for neck and back pain from arthritis. I use the kind that has some THC in it too--like 10:1 or 20:1. Occasionally I'll take CBN (another cannabis extract) to help me sleep.

Wow, you work for a nasty company! I bet the CEO couldn't pass the tests given to new hires.

I'm very glad CBD products have been helpful for you.

Your feeling is that a company is nasty for setting a policy that testing positive for THC will result in termination. That's fine, but my post wasn't about people's feelings about policy. It was about the fact that using CBD could result in a THC positive drug screen in some cases, because these companies aren't regulated, which could impact people's careers. I work for one of the larger employers in our region, and by far the largest company within our industry regionally, so becoming non-rehireable could have a lasting impact.

I'm not suggesting the policy is good or bad, I'm simply letting people know it's not a good idea to just trust the label on an unregulated product, especially when the stakes could be this high.

Again, using CBD products isn't against our policy, but testing positive for THC is. Since CBD products aren't regulated there's no way for you to truly know if a product could cause a positive drug screen unless you get yourself tested in a way similar to how your employer would test you. And since any employee can be tested at any time, that applies to everyone, not just new employees. .

CBD ointment helped heal my shoulder last summer, when nothing else was making a difference. Also works on my PFD. We have a local shop that makes and sells CBD, which is very handy as the staff is not pushy and very helpful.

I’ll bet he/she could.

Since this popped up at the exact moment when I'm worrying about my wife and my trip, I'll pop this here and hope that's ok. When we fly into Orlando - will we be ok carrying her CBD oil with us? It's the stuff you can buy on amazon and she uses it in her lotion for her arthritis.

Since this popped up at the exact moment when I'm worrying about my wife and my trip, I'll pop this here and hope that's ok. When we fly into Orlando - will we be ok carrying her CBD oil with us? It's the stuff you can buy on amazon and she uses it in her lotion for her arthritis.

i don’t believe that you’ll have any issues.

Just found a link to the stuff she uses, is hemp oil even the same thing as CBD oil?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085G8L9J7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

CBD Oil is extracted from Hemp. Amazon doesn’t sell “CBD”, so you will find it on there listed as “Hemp” and unfortunately the lack of regulation allows for a very wide range of labeling and quality standards. Most product out there is junk. Is it technically CBD, sure. But, that doesn’t really mean anything. You really need to research everything. The product that your wife is buying is really intended to be ingested by dropping it under your tongue. I would assume that at that cost, the quality and the absorption rate, is probably very very low. I would suggest that she try a CBD cream from a legitimate supplier.

I would suggest this

https://www.theveritasfarms.com/product-category/cbd-topicals/

Last edited:
I still stand by my snake oil thought on page 1 from 4 years ago.

I was right there with you for a long time, but I'm starting to rethink it. Not for anxiety, but my daughter who has some knee issues started using a 20:1 CBD cream instead of BioFreeze and said the difference is amazing. BioFreeze gets her to "good enough" - not pain free, but enough relief not to want/need NSAIDs - but she said this gets her to pain free even on bad days. Like me, she'd always put CBD products in roughly the same category as essential oils and crystals, but her girlfriend's very pragmatic mother uses the product and offered her some after a rough rock climbing session over spring break and she's a convert. Which means I'll probably try it because I get less results with BioFreeze and the like than DD21 does and have the same aversion to regular use of even OTC pills.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter