Do you like Ken Jennings hosting Jeopardy?

I agree that Levar was very uneven. Way over the top in some cases, yet seemed unsure in other cases. On one final jeapordy answer, it was as if he wasn't sure if the contestant answered correctly or not.

My favorite over all would be Mayim Balik. I also liked Robin Roberts and Sanjay Gupta.

So far, I like Ken Jennings. LeVar seemed off. I didn’t remember his voice being so high pitched…i need to go watch TNG again

I thought that too. :eek: No need to watch TNG again. And LeVar looked a lot shorter! :confused3 And he looked thinner and almost . . . timid the first couple of days. :duck: I wondered if he had been ill for a while and that accounted for the voice change and physical changes. :scratchin :confused:

I saw LeVar at the Star Trek 50th Anniversary Convention 5 years ago. I sat up close. I had sit through 2 other panels before hand, that I did not want to see, to keep that great seat. Very few people sat through those other two earlier panels, which is how I got that seat. :ssst: LeVar was one of the more vibrant stars on the TNG panel. He and Jonathan Frakes were telling hilarious stories about being on set. :rotfl:And Marina Sirtis is an absolute pistol. She had us laughing so much. She could do stand-up comedy. She's so funny in real life. I wish they'd let her do roles that are as funny.

The LeVar I saw in person wasn't anything like the one hosting Jeopardy. I really do wonder if he suffered an illness. They sometimes really take a person down and wipe them out. :( So, maybe, he's just not the same person showing up anymore. :(

My favorite is still Ken. I also liked Sanjay Gupta. I won't watch if Mayim Bialik or Savannah are hosting. I can't stand their voices. I liked George and Robin, but I see enough of them when I watch GMA. I think they just hosted to raise money for their charities. . . And probably the head of ABC said to them they were going to host Jeopardy - and it was an announcement to them, not a question. :eek: George said the next morning he was sooooo nervous hosting the first show.

I wanted to like LeVar Burton as host, but I just didn't. He did improve after game 1, as did several other guest hosts, but not enough to change my mind. I liked Ken, Buzzy, Mike Richards, and Mayim the best, in no particular order. There was no one I found unwatchable for the 1-2 week period. I will continue to watch with any of the guest hosts as permanent host ... but might have to use my mute button depending on how I feel long-term.

I wanted to like LeVar Burton as host, but I just didn't. He did improve after game 1, as did several other guest hosts, but not enough to change my mind. I liked Ken, Buzzy, Mike Richards, and Mayim the best, in no particular order. There was no one I found unwatchable for the 1-2 week period. I will continue to watch with any of the guest hosts as permanent host ... but might have to use my mute button depending on how I feel long-term.

I agree with your list of favorites. Mayim is the only hostess I remotely liked.

I did not like LaVar at all. I don't like Ken as I think his long history detracts from the contestants. Alex always said the focus should be on the contestants. Also due to his long history, I got the feeling ken was imitating Alex. Alex can't be replaced so I think they would be smart to go in a different direction. Richards was good, but again, too close to Alex. Of the ex players, I like Buzzy. But the person most likely to make the game their own and take it in a different direction is Miyam.

I've only gotten the chance to watch LeVar's first night, but I have the rest recorded. I'll probably get to them after the Olympics. That first night seemed rocky, and I was hoping he'd have improved over the week. Too bad it sounds like he didn't. I was a huge cheerleader for him!

Now that the much lobbied-for LeVar Burton week has aired, how is everyone feeling about guest hosts so far?

I thought the first show for LeVar was awful, but he got better as the week went on. Still too loud and choppy for my tastes
(or maybe just enthusiastic and trying too hard) but I'm sure some people liked his style. It was clear he was genuinely happy to be hosting.

I wanted to love LeVar, as I thought he would be a really good fit given his personality and other things I've seen him in. I'm not sure what he did with that wonderful demeanor, but it wasn't on display last week. He's near the bottom of my list, I thought he was horrible. He kept making mistakes all week, interrupting the contestants, and was way too slow in responding back to answers. I was shocked at how bad he was.

If they do indeed pick from the guest hosts, I'm sticking with my choices of Mike Richards, Buzzy Cohen or Aaron Rodgers. I have a feeling they may choose someone who didn't even guest host, though.

And hey, how about Matt Amodio, that guy has been amazing so far, and is from my state of CT!

I wanted to love LeVar too but he was too over the top in his delivery. Also it was like he either wasn't hearing or wasn't getting the correct answers in his earpiece in time. There was more of a delay between the contestants answering and him saying 'right' or 'no'.

My favorites have been Buzzy, Mayim, Mike Richards, and Ken. Second tier is Anderson Cooper, Bill Whitaker, and Robin Roberts. Only saw one day of LeVar, so reserving judgement on him.

It doesn’t seem like all of the guest hosts are actually being considered as Alex’s permanent replacement. Many of them already have jobs they’re unlikely to leave. Will be interesting to see who is chosen.

When are they supposed to make the announcement? I had previously heard it was supposed to be July for when they start filming the shows with the new host 6 weeks before they air.

Who was the guest host today? I know I kind of live under a rock sometimes, but I don't remember his name, much less know who he is. I thought he did a really good job, though! He seemed very calm and confident.

Who was the guest host today? I know I kind of live under a rock sometimes, but I don't remember his name, much less know who he is. I thought he did a really good job, though! He seemed very calm and confident.

I missed the name as well and had no clue who he is but really liked him.

I missed the name as well and had no clue who he is but really liked him.
I never heard of him either, but agree he is good. His name is David Faber; he’s a financial analyst/journalist who hosts a stock market show on CNBC. He was previously a contestant in a celebrity tournament.

Last edited:
When are they supposed to make the announcement? I had previously heard it was supposed to be July for when they start filming the shows with the new host 6 weeks before they air.

I hear after the last guest host, who I believe is Joe Buck next week. I'm hoping he's a better host than baseball announcer, I don't care for him at all on FOX MLB's games.

I never heard of him either, but agree he is good. His name is David Faber; he’s a financial analyst/journalist who hosts a stock market show on CNBC. He was previously a contestant in a celebrity tournament.

He actually won the Jeopardy tournament in 2012! I didn't remember him, I looked him up. He did a really good job last night, so I was curious. He's the kind of host Jeopardy needs, reserved, on point, and lets the contestants take the spotlight, not himself.

He actually won the Jeopardy tournament in 2012! I didn't remember him, I looked him up. He did a really good job last night, so I was curious. He's the kind of host Jeopardy needs, reserved, on point, and lets the contestants take the spotlight, not himself.
He's good, but there is next to no chance Faber would leave CNBC for Jeopardy. He's just filling in before they make an announcement. And it's time to let us know the decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter