Do you like Ken Jennings hosting Jeopardy?

Buzzy and James are my least favorite of the big winners so not theilled when I heard he was hosting. I am still watching but can’t wait until we get the next guest host. Hope he is not permanent. Ken, Anderson, and AR are my favorites so far.

I didn’t see Buzzy.

have they given any indication as to when they would like to start with a regular host?

I read an interview with Mike Richards and he said he expects a permanent host will be named by late July. I believe that's when taping of the new season starts, so makes sense.

Taping of this season has already concluded, so they've got episodes with all guest hosts they can use with focus groups to get fan feedback. Side note: feel free to call me Jeopardy, I'd absolutely be down for that!

I do think naming someone then could be interesting since guest host episodes will continue to air through mid-August. I can see some people getting upset if a replacement is named before episodes with their favorite air. Maybe they'll wait until LeVar Burton's episodes air at the end of July? That would only leave David Faber & Joe Buck episodes not aired yet when a replacement is named.

I read an interview with Mike Richards and he said he expects a permanent host will be named by late July. I believe that's when taping of the new season starts, so makes sense.

Taping of this season has already concluded, so they've got episodes with all guest hosts they can use with focus groups to get fan feedback. Side note: feel free to call me Jeopardy, I'd absolutely be down for that!
HIIIIIII.......HHOOOOOOO

My husband and I vote for Buzzy!. Like others have said, he has great energy and charisma with the contestants, and keeps things moving smoothly.
I was really surprised to like him so much, as I really didn't care for him as a contestant. He really "fits" as a host, IMO. I will write in to Jeopardy with a vote for Buzzy and I hope they listen to us.
My second pick would be Ken. The worst, IMO, was Aaron Rodgers.

I liked Buzzy, too, but I missed his first night, and the comments in here made me expect fireworks when I did get to see him. I'm not sure if there was something special about that first show or if my expectations were too high, but I think one of those things might be true. He was very good, certainly one of the best. But that much greater, I'm not sure I see it.

Mayim Bialik has really good energy, and I'd consider her one of the better hosts, too, even if I can't unimagine Amy Farrah-Fowler when she's offscreen. But that works out okay; Amy would be a good Jeopardy host, as well.

BackingOutOfRoom.gif
No. No. I had to turn the channel on Mayim Bialik a few minutes after she came on.

Mayim Bialik has really good energy, and I'd consider her one of the better hosts, too, even if I can't unimagine Amy Farrah-Fowler when she's offscreen. But that works out okay; Amy would be a good Jeopardy host, as well.

I liked her too! I don’t watch every night, but set this week to tape just to see her. I would definitely be OK if she gets the gig permanently.

My husband and I both think Buzz is the best. I read that since he is hosting he will no longer be eligible to participate in the tournaments.
My husband and I like Buzzy also. To me, Ken is just too full of himself. I get it-he has a great memory and can retain information. But, Buzzy imo has a better personality.

My first pick of the guest hosts would be Mike Richards, I think he did a great job. After that come Buzzy and Aaron Rodgers, and so far I really like Miyam as well. They are the only guest hosts who were obviously well prepared, you didn't have that annoying pause after the contestants answered while the other guest hosts looked up the answers to see if they were correct.

I actually like Ken Jennings, but did not like him as host at all, I was surprised. And I was very surprised that we liked Aaron Rodgers so much, I was not expecting that.

I really like Ken as a person, but I felt Buzzy was much more articulate and get everything on track. There were no answers left on the board with him hosting.

So, I finally watched one with Mayim, but I didn't care for her as host. There was a lot of giggling at answers, even one's that weren't funny. Maybe it was just because of the one goofy contestant on today who, I dunno, she was just weird. It sure doesn't entice me to keep watching at the moment.

Now that the much lobbied-for LeVar Burton week has aired, how is everyone feeling about guest hosts so far?

I thought the first show for LeVar was awful, but he got better as the week went on. Still too loud and choppy for my tastes
(or maybe just enthusiastic and trying too hard) but I'm sure some people liked his style. It was clear he was genuinely happy to be hosting.

Now that the much lobbied-for LeVar Burton week has aired, how is everyone feeling about guest hosts so far?

We're behind a bit (have been DVRing) so I haven't seen LeVar yet, but am very excited for his episodes! (We haven't watched every one that tapes, but are trying to catch at least a couple of each host.) We're in the George Stephanopoulos week right now, and we think he's doing OK, but not our favorite. We liked Dr. Sanjay Gupta recently, and Mayim Bialik the best so far. (Well, and Ken, of course, too! - But I don't think he wants to stay on permanently, whereas I think Mayim would.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter