• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do they serve sweet tea at Disney World?

OMG, tell me you live somewhere near Burlington, NC. The closest thing we've got is this chinzy little to-go DD stand at a local gas station. If I had the money, I'd buy a franchise, open it up in town, then sit back and watch the dough (hahahaha) roll in.

Sorry, I'm in Salisbury. When we moved here, 11 years ago, there was a Dunkin Donuts but it closed within a few months of me getting here. Road construction blocked access to the parking lot for months so they went belly up. I was devastated!!!! Now they're building a shiny new one. It's across town but I don't care. It looks like it should be ready to open soon. Can't wait!

Another Southerner here who grew up on sweet tea. I used to add extra sugar to my tea when I was a little girl at my friend's house (my mom would have stopped me if I tried it at home). I added so much that there would be a thick layer of sugar at the bottom, and I'd scoop into it, getting a spoonful of both sugar and tea and slurping it down.

Makes me sick to think about it! :sick: Sweet tea taken to the extreme!

Plenty of DD's here in the triangle area. Heck, even little Morrisville has a DD and Baskin Robins.

Mini update.

I just had some golden Peak Sweet Black tea at Sam's Club today and drank it with the idea of comparing it to McDonalds Sweet tea. I would say its about 3/4 as sweet is mcd's.

I get over to the Triangle every now and again, but for some reason it never crosses my mind to stop at DD. Ben & Jerry's on the other hand...

I'll have y'all know that after reading this thread over the last two days, I had donut cravings SO bad I had to go out and get some today. I settled for Paul's, which is a great donut shop here in the Burlington area. It's no DD but it got me my donut fix. :rotfl:

If you really want sweet tea the way sweet tea was made to be drunk, come on over to Parker's or Bill's BBQ in Wilson. ;)

Nuh-uh, it comes from Biscuitville or Bojangles. If you don't have a Biscuitville, you're missing out. Nothin' like a $3.99 heart attack in a paper wrapper washed down with some sweet tea, mmmmmm.

I wanna know what comes on a $4.00 biscuit, you got my interest peaked??

On a side note, I lived in the Pacific NW for little over a year

No tea, no Krispy Kreme ( yeah that is right KRISPY KREME) , I would personally not walk out of my back door for a DD donut:lmao::lmao:

I'm a sweet tea snob that normally won't drink any sweet tea besides my own (and Bojangles), but I liked the Gold Peak Tea at the Pop drink station.

Mmmmm, what can't you get on a Biscuitville biscuit? They do sausage, egg, cheese, bacon, gravy, smoked sausages, chicken, fried bologna...they look like this:

img-home.jpg

Add hashbrowns and a sweet tea, and you've got the breakfast (or lunch) of champions.

I wanna know what comes on a $4.00 biscuit, you got my interest peaked??

On a side note, I lived in the Pacific NW for little over a year

No tea, no Krispy Kreme ( yeah that is right KRISPY KREME) , I would personally not walk out of my back door for a DD donut:lmao::lmao:

I live just down the road from you, so I am just giving you a friendly warning about Krispy Kreme bashing!;) They take that talk pretty seriously in these parts!:laughing:

:laughing:" reminds me of that PACE commercial!!!:rotfl:, We love KK and do not like DD..................SIGH, DD gives Military discount and KK doesn't :confused3, I still drive 30 minutes one way to get to KK then go down the street in either direction ( less than 3 miles ) to a DD....... I especially love when the sign is on and it says HOT and NOW!!!!!!! YUM:love:

Just a note about mcdonals sweet tea... its 1 pound of sugar for every 4 gallons. (I was a manager at one for 3 years)

Plenty of good sweet tea here in N. Texas. Nearly every decent BBQ joint has some.

A place like Boatwrights would be perfect for sweet tea I would think.

This thread has veered wildly off the topic of sweet tea at WDW, so I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

I am a NJ girl born and bred. I have lots of relatives in the south, and really learned to love sweet tea when I was in my mid 20's. My aunt gave me the secret family recipe, and I was hooked ever since. By the way, I love Krispy Kreme and can't stand Dunkin Donuts. Go figure. Everytime I head south, I am always looking for my Krispy Kreme fix.

I had the sweet tea at Columbia Harbor House, and was disappointed. I am going to try Wolfgang Pucks. The Gold Peak will do if you can't get the real thing, but it is not the same. I usually go off WDW property to find my sweet tea.

Here is a funny story. I remember our Texas Roadhouse opening with really good sweet tea. One day I ordered it, and it was way watered down. The server told me customers were complaining it was too sweet. My response was "duh, it's the reason it is called sweet tea!":confused3 I wrote to the corporate office and complained. They brought back the sweet tea for a while, but then went back to watering it down. I don't order it anymore.

The quick service places sell gld peak (not freshfresh brewed) but the full service restaurants do fresh brew the tea they serve(they use nestea n btw)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter