• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do they serve sweet tea at Disney World?

We stayed at POR in October. Gold Peak tea dispensers there as well. The sweet tea with no lemon is pretty good there. It is not Southernly sweet, but it is good. I am a Lipton Sweetened no Lemon tea drinker and thought it was pretty close to that. McDonald's at DTD serves the same sweet tea there as it does in the other Fast Food places. That is pretty sweet tea.

When my family is at WDW we just for go trying to get sweet tea. It just isn't the same as what we get at home. When we get home, of course we have to catch up on the amount we missed.

My dh and his family are from CT, and I have gotten them addicted to sweet tea. My MIL says that everytime she leaves from a visit here in NC she has gained at least 5 pounds from all the sweet tea and barbeque she has eaten. At least my in-laws now understand that in the south barbeque is a food not a way of cooking.

They had one of those Gold Peak dispensers at Pop last summer and I thought the sweet tea was pretty good.

At least at ASMu and Contemporary, too. I'm assuming they are at all the resorts now?? I was raised on sweet tea by southern parents from a young age ( ;) ) and it's pretty tasty sweet tea, IMO. I don't recall having the option anywhere outside resort food courts though. But I could be wrong.

The South Rules! lol but seriously you can't add the sugar later it's just not the same. We don't even have "iced tea" here, we have sweet or unsweet tea lol. I'll let it slide though.:goodvibes

I'm like most of you and say that the only thing I don't like about DW is not being able to get sweet tea. On numerous occassions we would ask "do you have sweet tea?" and would be told yes and they would bring us unsweet tea along with a few packets of sugar....this is just NOT the same!!!!

Iced tea from a machine is, sadly, just not the same.

I am a bit of a reformed sweet tea drinker. I got very serious about loosing weight a few years ago and make the transition to unsweetened tea with Splenda. It is no where near as good, but at 90 pounds lighter, I feel it is worth the trade. Plus, now I can get my own "sweet" tea anywhere!

...although I do miss the almost "thickness" of the real thing. And for you non-Southerners. We know that we have enough sugar in it when you can put a spoon in the glass and it stays upright on its own - without any ice in the glass!:lmao:

I have had great sweet tea at Trail's End at FW and at The Garden Grille in EPCOT.

They taste just like Chick-Fil-A Sweet Tea. :love:

I have had great sweet tea at Trail's End at FW and at The Garden Grille in EPCOT.

They taste just like Chick-Fil-A Sweet Tea. :love:

Then we're going to have to for sure eat at Trail's End! We were trying to decide about eating there but I think you just made the decision for us :cool1:

I had to add tons of sweetner to mine, it was barely sweet. After day 3, I just couldn't handle it anymore and got sodas instead.

Disney's idea of Sweet Tea sure isn't the Sweet Tea I know and love.

None of the places we ate last week had it. All they had was unsweet and we added our own sugar. They have that awful stuff at the resorts that tastes funny. But there is a McDonald's on property, I wonder if they would have it, and for only a buck, it would be worth the small drive!

Isn't there a Publix near the park? They have the best sweet tea in the world in their deli. If you have a fridge, I would load it up with some 1/2 gallons of it.

We got some at Earl Of Sandwich in DTD that was very good.

My sister moved from NY to TN a few years ago. She gained 12 pounds in a few months time and couldn't figure out why. She hadn't changed her eating or exercise habits at all. Then one day, she was telling me about her new passion- "Southern Sweet Tea" and that I should try it! She was drinking almost a half gallon a day. :rotfl:
I told her I know where those 12 pounds came from. She stopped the tea and the weight came right off. Now she drinks it as a treat, like dessert.
I've tried it too, but it's way too sweet. I drink unsweetened green tea all day long and sweet tea is like swigging straight sugar water.

If you really need a daily fix (like I do with my java :surfweb:), you could always order some from Garden Grocer or the likes and stock the fridge.

This thread reminds me of when we took some friends (I'm in AL) to SanFran for a trip. They tried to order sweet tea in every restaurant and every waiter had the same funny look.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Southern Style Sweet Tea, our family describes it as "tea flavored sugar water". It is quite tasty once you're accustomed to it (or if it's all you ever had), but it's certainly not conducive to losing weight ;)! It took me a long while to get used to unsweetened ice tea, and I would still rather drink water!

Bree

All the table-service restaurants I know of, except for Nine Dragons, only serve unsweet tea and give you sugar to sweeten it yourself. The resorts seem to be getting those stupid Gold Peak machines and even the unsweet tea tastes instant and gross (at least before, they had fresh-brewed!)

I second the Publix suggestion. Less than $3 for a whole gallon and it is GOOD :)

I am off the sweet tea too, for weight loss reasons. Oh, I miss it.

If you really need a daily fix (like I do with my java :surfweb:), you could always order some from Garden Grocer or the likes and stock the fridge.

This thread reminds me of when we took some friends (I'm in AL) to SanFran for a trip. They tried to order sweet tea in every restaurant and every waiter had the same funny look.

That reminds me of the first time my husband visited me in Massachusetts when we were dating. I think the furthest North he had ever been was Washington, DC as a child. He stopped at a McDonalds in my town to freshen up a bit from his long drive...it was his first time meeting my parents and he was nervous. Anyway, he tried to order a drink and just asked for tea....which in NC means sweet tea. Ofcourse, he got HOT TEA!!! He was then absolutely flabbergasted to be told that they didn't even brew iced tea in MA during the winter because it was "out of season" :rotfl2: He still talks about that :rotfl:

I have learned to make my own sweet tea when I am out at a resturant. I ask for a Glass full of ICE and a seperate glass that is 3/4 filled with tea. I keep adding sugar until I get it sweet enough...pour it over the ice and I have sweet tea!!

It isn't what I would make at home...but it will do in a pinch!

I'm from the west, so I've always been curious about sweet tea...I'm not a fan of regular iced tea because it's too "weak" of a flavor for me. However, I really like Snapple's iced teas, which are sweet in a way that you can't get just by dumping sugar into regular tea. Can sweet tea be compared to Snapple? Or is it even sweeter than that?

Given the number of Southern visitors WDW gets, I'm actually surprised that they don't have sweet tea more readily available.

Hahahahahaha, I bet he was surprised. I've only been a Tarheel for about a decade but I am dead addicted to sweet tea, which is also called "the wine of the South". I try not to drink too much of it (unless of course I'm eating Bojangles chicken or a Biscuitville biscuit) because I'd like to keep all my teeth and not weigh 500 lbs. :laughing:

That reminds me of the first time my husband visited me in Massachusetts when we were dating. I think the furthest North he had ever been was Washington, DC as a child. He stopped at a McDonalds in my town to freshen up a bit from his long drive...it was his first time meeting my parents and he was nervous. Anyway, he tried to order a drink and just asked for tea....which in NC means sweet tea. Ofcourse, he got HOT TEA!!! He was then absolutely flabbergasted to be told that they didn't even brew iced tea in MA during the winter because it was "out of season" :rotfl2: He still talks about that :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter