• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do they serve sweet tea at Disney World?

I don't think you can compare Snapple to real southern sweet tea (my fellow Southerners might disagree). It's waaaaaay sweet. It's like having a little tea with your sugar, just the way we like it. Yum!

I'm from the west, so I've always been curious about sweet tea...I'm not a fan of regular iced tea because it's too "weak" of a flavor for me. However, I really like Snapple's iced teas, which are sweet in a way that you can't get just by dumping sugar into regular tea. Can sweet tea be compared to Snapple? Or is it even sweeter than that?

Given the number of Southern visitors WDW gets, I'm actually surprised that they don't have sweet tea more readily available.

Hahahahahaha, I bet he was surprised. I've only been a Tarheel for about a decade but I am dead addicted to sweet tea, which is also called "the wine of the South". I try not to drink too much of it (unless of course I'm eating Bojangles chicken or a Biscuitville biscuit) because I'd like to keep all my teeth and not weigh 500 lbs. :laughing:

Funny that you say that. I have a dish towel that says "Swee Tea. House wine of the south"

Tried sweet tea once and almost barfed,lol. My friends from the south love it. Iced coffee is my drink of choice. Still hoping wdw will get a Dunkin' Donuts someday...

I'm from the west, so I've always been curious about sweet tea...I'm not a fan of regular iced tea because it's too "weak" of a flavor for me. However, I really like Snapple's iced teas, which are sweet in a way that you can't get just by dumping sugar into regular tea. Can sweet tea be compared to Snapple? Or is it even sweeter than that?

Nope. Snapple is more lemony than sugary. The best way to figure out how sweet tea tastes is to make a cup of hot tea....not an herbal tea just plain ole liptons or black tea....and add sugar while it's hot. Then poor it over ice...that's sweet tea.

Funny that you say that. I have a dish towel that says "Swee Tea. House wine of the south"

I have seen those. Crack me up. I've also heard ranch dressing described that way.....some people poor that stuff over everythign :scared1:

Tried sweet tea once and almost barfed,lol. My friends from the south love it. Iced coffee is my drink of choice. Still hoping wdw will get a Dunkin' Donuts someday...

I had the opposite problem when I first moved to NC. I couldn't order iced coffee anywhere!! People looked at me as if I had grown an extra head when I asked for it. Thankfully it's more common now because of Starbucks and McDonalds carrying it.

I want a Dunkin around here. I'm just not into the whole Krispy Kreme thing. Gimme DDs any day (with some sweet tea, naturally).

I want a Dunkin around here. I'm just not into the whole Krispy Kreme thing. Gimme DDs any day (with some sweet tea, naturally).

We had a Krispy Kreme here for a couple of years(I live in RI) but it closed down..I think because their coffee was terrible and their donuts were kind of bleh. The only good ones were the plain glazed and only if they were warm.

You have to have halfway decent coffee around here or your business will tank. Regarding the iced coffee. people around here found it kind of amusing when McDonald's first came out with it..they were marketing it like it was a new, trendy thing:lmao:..It's one of the major food groups in New England and has been so for years.:) I even drink it in the winter.

I live just down the road from you, so I am just giving you a friendly warning about Krispy Kreme bashing!;) They take that talk pretty seriously in these parts!:laughing:

Sounds like they don't....bummer :( Guess I'll have to pack some and some Dr. Pepper too!

The fact that they don't have DP in the parks is the only downside for me on our trips. Yes, I know I can bring it and drink it in the room - but it's not convenient when you are out and about. The only place I've found that has Mr Pibb (my next fav) is Rainforest Cafe.

LOVE DP!

LOL, don't I know it! That's why I cringed when I admitted my terrible Krispy Kreme secret. :rotfl:

I live just down the road from you, so I am just giving you a friendly warning about Krispy Kreme bashing!;) They take that talk pretty seriously in these parts!:laughing:

My family has been known to drive to downtown Raleigh late at night just to get out Krispy Kreme fix.

Nuh-uh, it comes from Biscuitville or Bojangles. If you don't have a Biscuitville, you're missing out. Nothin' like a $3.99 heart attack in a paper wrapper washed down with some sweet tea, mmmmmm.

The best sweet tea comes from Captain D's!

The fact that they don't have DP in the parks is the only downside for me on our trips. Yes, I know I can bring it and drink it in the room - but it's not convenient when you are out and about. The only place I've found that has Mr Pibb (my next fav) is Rainforest Cafe.

LOVE DP!

ME TOO...Dr. Pepper if not Mr. Pibb...of course they ruined Mr. Pibb witht he Pibb Extra crap....all I can get now...if not those its sweet tea...

When I lived in Illinois it was Ski only...anyone had that

The best way to figure out how sweet tea tastes is to make a cup of hot tea....not an herbal tea just plain ole liptons or black tea....and add sugar while it's hot. Then poor it over ice...that's sweet tea.

yep thats the only way you can get real sweet tea...you cant add sugar to cold unsweet tea and expect it to get sweet...best thing to do for unsweet is add sweet n low...we add sweet n low if tea is not sweet enough...

Nuh-uh, it comes from Biscuitville or Bojangles. If you don't have a Biscuitville, you're missing out. Nothin' like a $3.99 heart attack in a paper wrapper washed down with some sweet tea, mmmmmm.

Smithfields Barbeque has some darn good sweet tea too!

Bojangles tea is practically a religious experience ..... and I'm not even a big tea drinker. I usually get some for dh when I need him to do something :rotfl2:

and as a native New Englander who is married to a North Carolinian, I can say that the Krispy Kreme/ Dunkin Donuts debate is centered in my household. I can barely sit still....they're building a new Dunkin Donuts in my town!!! DH has threatened a boycott but I'll sneak them in!!

Bojangles tea is practically a religious experience ..... and I'm not even a big tea drinker. I usually get some for dh when I need him to do something :rotfl2:

and as a native New Englander who is married to a North Carolinian, I can say that the Krispy Kreme/ Dunkin Donuts debate is centered in my household. I can barely sit still....they're building a new Dunkin Donuts in my town!!! DH has threatened a boycott but I'll sneak them in!!
You go girl!!:thumbsup2 From reading this thread, I want a donut so bad..;)

OMG, tell me you live somewhere near Burlington, NC. The closest thing we've got is this chinzy little to-go DD stand at a local gas station. If I had the money, I'd buy a franchise, open it up in town, then sit back and watch the dough (hahahaha) roll in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter