"Diva" Trip - "Cliff Notes" p.236 OLD THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave2: Hope everyone's had a good day!

For those interested in Vinylmation - Disney Store locations start trading tomorrow! Very excited. And they have an awesome San Francisco exclusive that I get to pick up in late June. I'm absolutely in love with it.

It's probably just me, but wow, Disney sure seems expensive now for a family of four. The prices for room/tickets/food - YIKES! :eek:

All those expensive trip expenses is making it tough for me to plan a trip - haha! :goodvibes

I think it would be cheaper to just move down there. ;) :rotfl:

It really has gotten spendy! We priced a trip to WDW for the same time we're going to DL & it was cheaper!!! (of course airfare wasn't figured into either....but still!)

I'd love to live down there...but it's twice as expensive for rentals down there....so we're looking at the Sacramento area which seems to be equivalent to what we're paying here.......at least it's a little closer!! :rotfl:

Laurie, if you ever do wind up in Sacramento I'll have to say hi any time I visit my family up in the area.

Laurie, if you ever do wind up in Sacramento I'll have to say hi any time I visit my family up in the area.

Well that's our plan to move this summer.....just waiting on the big refund from the IRS....which we have no idea when it will get here. (best estimate: mid June to mid Sept).....we're really hoping sooner than later!!!

We'd love for you to come visit!!! :cool1:

Disneyland withdrawls!!!! I cannot take it :rotfl:

I really need to finish grading finals, but part of me doesn't want to do anything! :bored:

Laurie, I hope everything works out and you're able to make it happen sooner rather than later.

You can do it Jen, you can do it.

I really need to ... do laundry. But I'm too lazy to get off the couch. I don't think my co-workers would appreciate me not having any clean clothes tomorrow.

It's probably just me, but wow, Disney sure seems expensive now for a family of four. The prices for room/tickets/food - YIKES! :eek:

All those expensive trip expenses is making it tough for me to plan a trip - haha! :goodvibes

I think it would be cheaper to just move down there. ;) :rotfl:
Just imagine how I feel with a family of six!! And we are all considered "adults" now when it comes to tickets, food, etc.
I was thinking it would be nice to take the family back to see Cars Land when it opens but it's going to cost a fortune! I'm thinking I'd rather keep an eye out for free dining at WDW and do that, or maybe even Universal. We'll see. Vacations in general are pricey. :rolleyes:

Ugh. No fun, Laurie!

OK - I'm going INSANE trying to figure out HOW to get myself to DL *SOON*. What's hanging me up is ground transportation. I have a 1 way coupon for Southwest, so I only have to buy "half" the airfare, which is currently $119 each way. I can be on the first flight out/last flight back, which would have me in Anaheim from 8AM to 9PM. Now is where it gets tricky. Cab is too much - $40 each way, but affords me the most time at the park. Shuttle is cheapest, but the DL express leaves on the hour so I couldn't leave SNA until 9AM and I'd have to leave the DL Hotel at 7PM. Not great, but not terrible. Super Shuttle would leave SNA a little sooner, but they have an OUTRAGEOUS time window to take you back to the airport. Almost 3 hours before my 9:20 flight. Hm. Currently looking at Tuesday, June 21. Anyone else planning to be at the parks that day?

eta: Super shuttle pick up would be 6:45PM. $22 round trip. Meh. But a rental car is out of the question at $75 to $100 for the day.

Hi Lisa. What about grabbing a shuttle one way in the morning to the park and picking up a rental at Alamo in DTD to take back to the airport. I have done this several times and it is usually about $25 for the one day rental if I use alamo through the Costco website. That way I get to maximize my time.

And yes everyone...I feel your pain of vacation expenses. I keep trying to book a quick trip to DL, but it is so darn expensive! The I book the world and it gets crazy expensive! Probably another year or so before I can press the button. Sure wish I had unlimited funds:)

Sarah May, I totally envy you your recent vacations, and upcoming ones too! I hope you have a wonderful trip though!

…Last night Ruben and I went out to dinner at House of Blues, and then to see the Go-Go's (long live the 80's!! LOL!) at Mandalay Bay beach.

That was such a fun concert Beth. We had an excellent holiday weekend at the Mandalay Bay in Vegas and caught the girls’ concert Friday night. The Mandalay Bay Beach was a better concert venue than I expected and they put on a great show. I wish I’d known that you and Ruben were there. We could have enjoyed the concert together.

On Thursday we had great tickets to The Lion King musical then a wonderful meal at Wolfgang Puck's Lupo. They fussed over us for our anniversary and provided an amazing meal. The Mandalay Bay Beach was quite the experience. The wave pool, lazy river, and regular pool were all fun.

We had a relaxing trip and just like you Beth, enjoyed it even more since most of it was free! I won the stay at the Mandalay Bay as well as the fabulous seats for The Lion King. It only cost us the fuel to drive to Las Vegas and back.

Happy Saturday, ladies! I'm hoping I'll have a little more time to drop by now that my semester is over. Then again I'm working full time again for the first time in a long while. Waking up at 4a every morning is not my friend, especially since I can't seem to fall asleep any earlier than midnight-1a to save my life.
Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!
Glad your semester is over Jessica. Working early and long hours isn’t fun, but it typically beats school. :)

Hi Everyone!!

I haven't been in here much as I've been spending time finalizing plans for my Birthday trip in just 6 days! Plus I had to send my laptop in for repair so being without that has been a pain!

I hope everyone is well! I would so LOVE to be planning a WDW trip! For me I actually priced it out for my Birthday it would be so much more expensive than DL. But in WDW I love the food so a lot of time/money is spent at the restaurants!

Morning everyone! Just a quick check in from DLR. We are having a wonderful vacation and I'm enjoying the fact that I am the first one awake this morning compared to yesterday when I was the last one up :rotfl2:

The crowds have been super low considering it was a holiday weekend. We rode Star Tours twice on Sunday and will be riding again later today since I "won" times for both the morning and afternoon AP previews due to some sort of computer glitch. We are also planning to ride Little Mermaid during the AP preview time today. It was open yesterday when we got to DCA but the line was out of control. So, we decided to hold out for today in hopes of smaller crowds since even less people should be in the parks today at least theoretically.

Ty has now tried all of the 40 inch rides. In order of favorite from first to worst: BTMRR (Ty love, love, loves the ride he has always called "Up and Down", Splash Mountain, Star Tours, Soarin' (liked it until the fireworks at the end), Space Mountain and finally ToT. Getting off ToT he stopped a cast member to tell them "Tyson NO LIKE this ride" as if they should shut the whole thing down immediately. I felt so bad I let him just eat a strawberry popsicle for lunch rather than forcing him to eat some good food first.

There are lots of other adventures to share for those of you who don't Facebook, but I will leave you with the fact that it will be a long, long time before I can ever ride Casey Jr in a cage again :rolleyes1 One more day at Disney and then we head down to Legoland :banana:

Morning all!

Just thought I would stop by and say we had a GREAT time yesterday!! For those on FB I am going to post some pics later. I have had pics in my camera since like April LOL. So lots to post but I got some good ones yesterday and wanted to get them all cleared off my camera before our Disney trip in 2 weeks!!

We headed out yesterday and we got down there and it was a BEAUTIFUL day! Nice and clear and you could see both bridges and the city perfectly. We got over to the zoo but it was too early but it is right next to the beach so we walked over and it was completely desserted so we let the girls walk around and look for seashells. It was pretty chilly though as it usually is down there. The girls had fun collecting sand dollars and watching the waves and we even found a big crab walking around.

Finally it was time to go in and I must say that is a goregous zoo. We were supposed to go to the SD zoo when we go to DL next week but we had to cancel our plans and when we re-booked we couldn't afford to do the SD part of it the 2nd time around and I really was bummed because I haven't been down to SD in probably 4 or 5 years so it was nice to be able to go to the SF zoo because it is really nice and a good substitute.

After the zoo we drove up the coast highway a bit past the cliff house and the presidio and came into the wharf that way over by Ghiradelli and then we parked on that end and walked the wharf a bit and had fun looking at the shops and the Boudin bakery and then we decided we should probably check in with Raiforrest early since it was a holiday and the place was packed. There was even a cruise shop docked that day. So we had dinner and looked around in the store and then headed home.

It was a perfect day!

Today the girls are back to school and I have TONS o laundry to catch up on and I need to take my pics in to get developed but otherwise that's bout it. The only thing we had going this week was team pics for swim but they cancelled them and I am bummed cuz they rescheduled them for the week we will be gone so now I don't think the girls are going to get team pics this year :(

Otherwise not much else going on this week. I think Katy may have her bbq for making her reading goal although we are forecast to have rain ALL week again so that will put a damper on things for sure. And then we have another meet this weekend and it is supposed to rain then as well. That will really stink because esp if we get lightening they could call the meet. Or delay it which could make for a LONG day! So I guess we will have to see.

Anyway that's bout it for me. Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

Good morning, ladies!! :)

Just popping in to say hello before getting the kids off to school. Seems like school should be over already! I know I'm over it. :rolleyes1

That was such a fun concert Beth. We had an excellent holiday weekend at the Mandalay Bay in Vegas and caught the girls’ concert Friday night. The Mandalay Bay Beach was a better concert venue than I expected and they put on a great show. I wish I’d known that you and Ruben were there. We could have enjoyed the concert together.
What?? No way! You were there??
Darn, I wish I'd known. I can't believe we were in the same spot and didn't even know it. LOL Where did you sit? Or did you stand down in the water?
We brought a blanket, like we usually do, and we were on the main sand area in front of the stage sort of behind the life guard's chair. Wouldn't it be funny if we walked right by each other and didn't even know it!! :rotfl2:

The weather was nice that night, wasn't it? Cool, but not cold, breezy. I just love the concerts on the beach. They are so fun, and even though it's a concert they setting is so relaxing to me.

Glad you had a great (free) trip!! ;)

But in WDW I love the food so a lot of time/money is spent at the restaurants!
The food in WDW is sooooo much better than DL. Between all the parks and the hotels......omg, it's amazing. I want a trip there to do nothing but eat! :rolleyes1
How's the birthday plans coming along? What sort of things do you have planned?

Good Morning, ladies. Hope everyone has a great day!
Back at ya! :goodvibes

Morning everyone! Just a quick check in from DLR. We are having a wonderful vacation and I'm enjoying the fact that I am the first one awake this morning compared to yesterday when I was the last one up :rotfl2:
Thanks for the check-in, Jane. So glad you are having fun. And that Ty is experiencing all the rides, even the ones he's not so fond of. lol
Enjoy Legoland! Can't wait to get together when you get back. :thumbsup2

Morning all!

Just thought I would stop by and say we had a GREAT time yesterday!!
It sure sounds like it! I'm glad everything went well. I love RFC!

Sure wish I had unlimited funds:)
Amen to that!! ::yes::

Morning ladies
This has been a nice long 5 day weekend for me! It seems so strange to be home on a Tuesday morning! But I am enjoying it! Made breakfast & Brooke just keeps looking at me like why is she still home & dad left me here. lol.

Kaeleb was in a skate comp over the wknd, interesting to say the least. BBQ'd with friends yesterday. Today cleaning house, finishing laundry & going to get a new hair color, I am not sure what.

I am still trying to decide if my October trip is a family trip or a solo trip. We can't decide. I know Jordan won't be going, he has football/wrestling & he doesn't want to go back to Disney until we hit WDW in 2 years.

The concert sounded like fun! I want to go to a concert at Mandalay bay!

Sounds fun! Was Hangover 2 as good, or even better than, the first? Isn't it just the exact same story? I did enjoy the first one though. :thumbsup2

I thought it had more funny parts than the first one. I was litterly laughing out load so many times but I still like the first one better just because it was the first one and i like the whole Las Vegas setting better.

Good morning all. So last night my dh and I went to see Pirates. I actually liked it more than I thought I would. Tomorrow I am going to see Bridesmaids with my mom and coworker. My friend who is getting married in 4 weeks went to see it with her mom a few weeks ago. Her mom thought it was very funny but my friend did not. I am interested to see what I will think. Anyway, the weather is actually much better than had been predicted so we are going to take the kids to a really amazing park a few towns away and try a new pizza restaurant there that we have been wanting to sample. Later today we will be heading to my mom's for a small bbq and hopefully will be doing some more WDW planning.

Have a great weekend all!

SarahMay

I thought Bridesmaids was really funny.

Hi!

:wave2: Hope everyone's had a good day!

For those interested in Vinylmation - Disney Store locations start trading tomorrow! Very excited. And they have an awesome San Francisco exclusive that I get to pick up in late June. I'm absolutely in love with it.

I bought a Villains vinyl at the Disney store last night and the CM told be about the in-store trading. I'm going back on Friday night so trade a few. :thumbsup2

Morning ladies
This has been a nice long 5 day weekend for me! It seems so strange to be home on a Tuesday morning! But I am enjoying it! Made breakfast & Brooke just keeps looking at me like why is she still home & dad left me here. lol.

Kaeleb was in a skate comp over the wknd, interesting to say the least. BBQ'd with friends yesterday. Today cleaning house, finishing laundry & going to get a new hair color, I am not sure what.

I am still trying to decide if my October trip is a family trip or a solo trip. We can't decide. I know Jordan won't be going, he has football/wrestling & he doesn't want to go back to Disney until we hit WDW in 2 years.

The concert sounded like fun! I want to go to a concert at Mandalay bay!
Sounds like you've been enjoying your long weekend! Well, minus today's house cleaning and laundry. LOL I can't wait to see your new hair color!

For October, I thought about bringing my family. We don't have APs but I thought of just going to DL for the Halloween party. I'm glad I didn't say anything to them about it though because when tickets prices came out, I realized it would end up costing almost $360 just to go to the party! That doesn't include hotel, food or gas. No way can I spend that much on a few hours in DL. :rolleyes:

So I'll be there, but just solo. I feel a bit guilty though, I have to admit. I wish I could take them all. :guilty:

:wave:
I see your San Diego marathon is coming up soon!!! Good luck! :cheer2:

This is going to sound strange....but I like the food better at Disneyland compared to WDW. :rolleyes1

I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I know the restaurants and menus better at DL. In other words, I know where to go and what's GOOD there. (And I don't have to make ADRs 6 months in advance.) :goodvibes

Sounds like you've been enjoying your long weekend! Well, minus today's house cleaning and laundry. LOL I can't wait to see your new hair color!

For October, I thought about bringing my family. We don't have APs but I thought of just going to DL for the Halloween party. I'm glad I didn't say anything to them about it though because when tickets prices came out, I realized it would end up costing almost $360 just to go to the party! That doesn't include hotel, food or gas. No way can I spend that much on a few hours in DL. :rolleyes:

So I'll be there, but just solo. I feel a bit guilty though, I have to admit. I wish I could take them all. :guilty:

I just can't decide, well we can't decide. If we all go, then we will stay at Worldmark, no cost to stay there, we pay it monthly. Just 2 3 day park hoppers & 3 Halooween party tickets and airfare X3. That is where is it gets ugly. Airfare is crazy right now! It would $920 to fly and more than that to drive either the truck or the Jeep. If we all go it would be Tuesday -Sunday, and solo it would be Thursday night-Sunday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter