Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Fastpasses have made me more nervous than my final exam tomorrow ;) but they are done! Online check-in (yes even when I do CL I do OCI) is done! The connecting rooms were already filled in and there was (guaranteed) next to it. Hopefully it's not an issue. And I added large balcony! 60 days to go!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now to sleep since I worked last night, thanks for letting me share! :grouphug:
69 days for us!

Eariler, someone asked about transportation options from one resort or park, to another resort or park, and if there was somewhere to find ALL options....

I can't remember if anyone posted this one (I posted the one on the DIS, but sadly, that's pretty outdated...). This one is pretty cool, as it gives many options along with estimated time. Don't know if it's totally up to date, but heck, I think it might be very helpful for those less familiar with all the modes of transportation....hope it's ok to post this link...if it disappears, I'll replay with additional info.

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/aspx/twiz.aspx

We just returned...deep sigh... From a week at the Beach Club. Thanks to all of you for this thread. It was so helpful in our planning. The resort was really incredible. We all said we would love to go back.

We had room 4544. Upgraded from standard to woods view, which was some crazy kind of pixie dust!! It was quiet, convenient to the stairway that led to the back walkway for Epcot, and it was the most private view of only woods. I'll try to add a picture later. It's saying the file is too large.

One of the teachers who organizes the 8th Grade Class trip moved on from All Star Music to the Beach Club with his family for a couple of days after the students left. He did some research for me.

Frozen Sunken Treasure

View attachment 102658
Hold on... FROZEN sunken treasure?!!! Mind blown! And taste buds ready. ::yes::

~Cari~ pluto:

Minutes away from BC!! Can't wait!!

Have a fantastic trip!

:banana::banana::banana:

We just returned...deep sigh... From a week at the Beach Club. Thanks to all of you for this thread. It was so helpful in our planning. The resort was really incredible. We all said we would love to go back.

We had room 4544. Upgraded from standard to woods view, which was some crazy kind of pixie dust!! It was quiet, convenient to the stairway that led to the back walkway for Epcot, and it was the most private view of only woods. I'll try to add a picture later. It's saying the file is too large.

Glad you had a great trip! I would love to see the picture(s)

There are two ways I know of to make your picture file smaller. I make a copy of the picture so I am not changing the original. Open with "Paint". Chose Resize. I have resized to either 25% or 50%- not sure if I have seen a difference. Click ok, then the save icon.

Hope that works. The other way is a bit more complicated but is great for when you need to resize a lot of pictures.

:magnify:

~Cari~ pluto:

:cold:

I know, right!?!

I could not believe that I hadn't thought of that.

:drinking1

~Cari~ pluto:

Now that is the BEST "Frozen" news I've heard in months!! Gotta try it...I'm thinking you probably put all ingredients into a big ice cream container (like we used to use when making frozen margaritas or daiquiris) and pop it in the freezer for a few hours...could probably speed it up by not adding the rum until serving...but it might not stay frozen for long then...

Off to the LAB to experiment!

View from room 4544.
Lets try again. (On my phone and can do better next week home with computer)

On our last extended family trip, we stayed in 1532 (last room on the left before the laundry) with our DD/SIL next door. Loved the view, even though there were folks walking by every now and then on their way back to villas or rooms down the way (it was the ground floor, so full patio rather than balcony). Loved sitting out there in the early morning with coffee, in the mid afternoon break, and evening with a glass of wine...quiet...birds...the great little skinks that flit around...but then, we are real nature folks, so like the interaction. And it was December, so maybe not as many creepy crawlies as during warmer months. Loved just looking at the woods!

Now that is the BEST "Frozen" news I've heard in months!! Gotta try it...I'm thinking you probably put all ingredients into a big ice cream container (like we used to use when making frozen margaritas or daiquiris) and pop it in the freezer for a few hours...could probably speed it up by not adding the rum until serving...but it might not stay frozen for long then...

I wonder since it has pineapple and coconut in it if you could just start with one of those pina colada frozen bags and add the remaining ingredients to that...? Maybe?

I think you MUST solve this mystery, no matter how many "tests" it takes. ;)

~Cari~ pluto:

Hey guys, I may have asked this already, but if I did I've already forgotten the answer! After last October's F&WF long weekend at the YC, we've decided to make it an annual thing - yay! This year, we're staying on the BC side for the first time ever (water view), and we're pretty excited.

Anyhoo, a full balcony is the most important thing for us, so I know from you all to put that request first. How do you think I should word the next request if we'd also love a view of the Boardwalk, and hate to be on the ground floor? As per TP's recommendation on their room view page, we requested SE facing last year, and it worked like a charm...because I love this photo so much, I'll post it again...

image.jpg

:sunny:

I'm sure it's been asked before, but I just can't find it so...

What are the earliest bus times to MK and AK? I have pre-park opening ADRs for each (at 8am). So when it says, that buses typically begin running 1 hour before park opening is that taking into account the early breakfasts?

Just wondering what the earliest time you have caught a bus from BC to either of those two parks was when they were scheduled to officially open at 9am (I am going end of Aug, if it matters). Thanks.

Hello, I am new to the blog and will be staying at Beach and Yacht Club next week. Can anyone please tell me what time storm along bay pool and the quiet pools stay open until at night? Is anyone aware of what the construction noise at beach club rooms is like going on now? Thank you very much.

Please let us know the results of your experimentation!

I wonder since it has pineapple and coconut in it if you could just start with one of those pina colada frozen bags and add the remaining ingredients to that...? Maybe?

I think you MUST solve this mystery, no matter how many "tests" it takes. ;)

~Cari~ pluto:

Those bags aren't bad if you go with the Lt. Blenders brand. My sister totally poo-poohed the margarita in a bag until she had one. They're pretty tasty. I have one of them now - maybe I'll give the frozen sunken treasure a try.

Odd question. I have passes I bought through UT ages ago and I planned to use them for our next trip and upgrade them after we enter the parks (they're five-day passes). The girls will be upgraded to 8-day PH passes and mine will become an AP so I can get TIW, which will more than pay for itself the first trip and be of great benefit in January. For some reason I had it in my mind that it might be worth it to just buy the AP ahead of time and not upgrade. But for the life of me, I can't remember why. It's the difference between spending about $350 and $694. That first number is much nicer, in my opinion. Can anyone think of a reason I'd want to get it early and just pay that extra money? I know we'll use the pass I already have at some point. But if I'm upgrading the other two, it's not like I'm saving myself some time at guest relations.

For some reason I had it in my mind that it might be worth it to just buy the AP ahead of time and not upgrade. But for the life of me, I can't remember why. It's the difference between spending about $350 and $694. That first number is much nicer, in my opinion. Can anyone think of a reason I'd want to get it early and just pay that extra money? I know we'll use the pass I already have at some point. But if I'm upgrading the other two, it's not like I'm saving myself some time at guest relations.

For a discounted room rate maybe?

~Cari~ pluto:

page 33-35

Can anyone link me the picture of the map of how to walk to HS from BC. I think it was a Robo map but i can't find it now.

I saw that Wood Nymph provided a link for you. I have added this map back into the first post on Page 1, along with the resort map. I still need to add the jogging path trail. This page got all screwed up when the DIS changed to the new servers.

:sad2:

For those with grumpy kids due to school past Memorial Day...gasp! School here in Toronto, Canada (and pretty much the whole province) doesn't end until June 24 for students and June 26 for teachers. We've still got two weeks to go! And it's hot...and very few schools have A/C.

Then again, students aren't back in class until September 7 this year, thus my escape to BC for Labour Day weekend... :-)

:welcome: back!

Good to see you again.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:goodvibes:

NinjaMom- I think you hit the nail on the head with Dee's nightmare... she has not refuted it

Nope, that was not it.

BTW- I said nighttime story, not nightmare. Funny story more than scary.

:rotfl2:

Just booked BC CL for the 4th of July!!! Can't wait to try CL at BC for the first time!

Does anyone know what the evening food offerings are for Saturday and Sunday at the Beach Club Club Level??? Thanks!!!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Unfortunately, I have never seen a listing of the daily appetizers at club level. I don't know for sure, but my guess is there isn't a set menu for each day.

:)

Last edited:
page 36-

Hi everyone! I feel like the wandering child, but things have finally calmed down!
So what's new?
Tell me EVERYTHING!

I just got back from chaperoning a 3 day, 4 night trip to Disney with 112 teens and 43 adults.

I'll start up my trip report soon, but the working title will be "Travel With Teens, Take Two. I Can Plan This Trip In My Sleep"

Hello, I am new to the blog and will be staying at Beach and Yacht Club next week. Can anyone please tell me what time storm along bay pool and the quiet pools stay open until at night? Is anyone aware of what the construction noise at beach club rooms is like going on now? Thank you very much.
We are here now. Pools close at 11. We asked to be moved due to construction noise. Our first room was right next to it and all you could hear were saws and clanking.

We are here now. Pools close at 11. We asked to be moved due to construction noise. Our first room was right next to it and all you could hear were saws and clanking.
Thank you for the feedback. Could you explain more about your room location and what time of day you heard the noise? Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter