Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks! I am hoping it will not be too bad.

I have some additional questions. But first hello everyone! I have enjoyed reading most of this thread and found it to be very helpful. As said before we will be staying at the BC for the first time 8/1 to 8/8.

I am a CM and I work at Port Orleans (So I have general knowledge, but not specific BC property knowledge), we have been to many other resorts and the parks before but have chosen BC for this trip for a number of reasons. First my mom will be having back surgery in early June. This trip will be at her 6 week recovery mark (We were supposed to go to DLR for 60th celebration but she did not think she could make the trip to CA) So my vacation has turned into a staycation while my family comes and plays in the parks. I picked BC for SAB, the proximity to Epcot and DHS (my mom will need to utilize a scooter). I also wanted a nicer resort to relax at as we will spend more time at the resort on this trip and felt that SAB would be a nice oasis. We will also be traveling with my two sisters 16 and 20 one of which has a service dog, Figment. Yes he is named for the purple dragon. I will fax room requests when I send my cast ID but want to ask for a large balcony or patio, a daybed and preferably the courtyard/volleyball court view. Now onto the questions I can't seem to find answers to, or am finding mixed answers!

1. What are the hours at Hurricane Hannah's? Is it pretty much all day there? Their offerings seem to be more favorable to us than the sandwiches at the Marketplace.

2. How long is the walk to the Boardwalk Area? You would think I would know this, but my guess is about 10 minutes?

3. Do you have to rent tubes/floats at SAB? Some say yes, others say they are just around.

4. How fast is the slide?

5. I saw in a Trip report that there were some sort of food runners at the pool, it made it sound like they came around with menus and then brought food to your chair. Is there an extra charge for this?

6. How long for boat ride to Epcot or DHS? How long to walk?

Thanks!
HH closed at 9pm when we were there May 30-June 6th which was a bummer since we thought we could get food there after watching Illuminations. Also, a waiter named Nate delivered full meals to us at our lounge chairs at SAB! The bacon cheeseburger at HH is really good! The only extra cost for delivery is a tip. BTW, the rooms were pretty quiet during the day because everyone was gone most of the time. We did have a problem with noisy neighbors in the room next door (connected), but they were only noisy in the early morning which doesn't bother most people...we sleep late.

Thanks! I am hoping it will not be too bad.

I have some additional questions. But first hello everyone! I have enjoyed reading most of this thread and found it to be very helpful. As said before we will be staying at the BC for the first time 8/1 to 8/8.

I am a CM and I work at Port Orleans (So I have general knowledge, but not specific BC property knowledge), we have been to many other resorts and the parks before but have chosen BC for this trip for a number of reasons. First my mom will be having back surgery in early June. This trip will be at her 6 week recovery mark (We were supposed to go to DLR for 60th celebration but she did not think she could make the trip to CA) So my vacation has turned into a staycation while my family comes and plays in the parks. I picked BC for SAB, the proximity to Epcot and DHS (my mom will need to utilize a scooter). I also wanted a nicer resort to relax at as we will spend more time at the resort on this trip and felt that SAB would be a nice oasis. We will also be traveling with my two sisters 16 and 20 one of which has a service dog, Figment. Yes he is named for the purple dragon. I will fax room requests when I send my cast ID but want to ask for a large balcony or patio, a daybed and preferably the courtyard/volleyball court view. Now onto the questions I can't seem to find answers to, or am finding mixed answers!

1. What are the hours at Hurricane Hannah's? Is it pretty much all day there? Their offerings seem to be more favorable to us than the sandwiches at the Marketplace.

2. How long is the walk to the Boardwalk Area? You would think I would know this, but my guess is about 10 minutes?

3. Do you have to rent tubes/floats at SAB? Some say yes, others say they are just around.

4. How fast is the slide?

5. I saw in a Trip report that there were some sort of food runners at the pool, it made it sound like they came around with menus and then brought food to your chair. Is there an extra charge for this?

6. How long for boat ride to Epcot or DHS? How long to walk?

Thanks!

Do check the disability board to rent a scooter for your mom, let her know no one will judge. I had to rent one when I fell and sprained my ankle, felt stupid but, it was the best decision to rent! Lots of walking, too much, but more than the walking is the pure standing , and that is truly hard on the back!

Don't walk to dhs, it's just too hot!

I'm going to try that slide in a week. ;). I'm old. I'm fat, but I want to try!

Monykalyn- thank you for the pictures. Was your room on the second floor with the big balconies or on the side rooms with the former balcony?
It was second floor with the big balcony. The balcony was fabulous. We even took the desk chair out there one morning and 3 of us sat and had our breakfast on the balcony. It was also a connecting room for future reference. DH said he heard the family in the next room once or twice but I never did. 'course I spent my time on balcony, pool or parks if awake lol!

oh yes that sunken treasure drink has my name written all over it! I thought I read somewhere it was no longer on the menu at hh is that true? I sure hope not!

oh yes that sunken treasure drink has my name written all over it! I thought I read somewhere it was no longer on the menu at hh is that true? I sure hope not!

It is no longer on the menu but most of the Beach Club/Yacht Club/Hurricane Hanna bartenders know how to make it and will do so upon request. We also have the recipe posted on Page 1 of this thread (Post 17???) so some of us bring along the recipe just in case...

:drinking1

It is no longer on the menu but most of the Beach Club/Yacht Club/Hurricane Hanna bartenders know how to make it and will do so upon request. We also have the recipe posted on Page 1 of this thread (Post 17???) so some of us bring along the recipe just in case...

oh thanks for the info will take it along with me!

page 26-29 Catching up!!!

By the way, the room we stayed in last year is now in the CL lounge. Funny that it was my favorite spot to hang out in:)

What room was that? 5666? I can't remember if it was one or two rooms, I think two, that were used to expand the lounge.

:goodvibes:

Hope to read run into @natebenma at MK today!

So sorry we didn't have a chance to touch base! I didn't know I would be solo in the morning- spent an hour each in Mine Train and Peter Pan lines, but since this was unexpected "free" time for me, I didn't mind at all.

:thumbsup2

Hi! We are staying at BC for the first time this weekend. It's a completely last minute trip for SWW. My questions are should I request to be by the lobby or elevators? I've heard the hallways can be long and I'd like to minimize walking. Also do the rooms with King beds have daybeds? I'd prefer that, but most of what I've read only mentions 2 queen beds and daybeds.

:welcome: to this thread!

Hope you are having a great time.

:cool1:

Here are some pictures from our stay at the BC this past weekend.

Thanks for posting these! Would you mind adding some of the pictures and your first paragraph to the BC View Thread? Or I can quote it over there.

Thanks!

:cool2:

I thought our May trip was going to be my last before I started dental school. But then I found an awesome deal for the week before school, SO...

L and I will be at Beach Club August 6-10!

We got some AWESOME pixie dust in May (upgrade from standard room to 1BR, CL suite!), but hopefully this time around we'll get a renovated room. Fingers crossed!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

You have the best times!

I know you are just getting the place ready for us! ;) We'll be down in a little over a week - please tell me -Here
How often do you have to reapply deodorant (or "How HOT is it?)

Sunscreen? how often?

(yes, I'm having some fun! being silly, and trying to stay on topic! ;)

Probably the best way for me to describe the heat level is to say that the boy-aromas were much less bothersome on this trip than when I chaperoned my older son's trip in 2012.

Here's the weather report- I think we were pretty lucky... We avoided most of the heaviest rain by being indoors at attractions or meals.

Tuesday- sunny and hot in the morning at MK. A bit humid but not unbearably so. Seeking out shade or air-conditioned places was the way to go. We hopped over to EPCOT and we were in the Land (Soarin' line 75 minutes then dinner at Sunshine Seasons), so not sure about the early evening weather. It was raining when we got out around 8:45 pm. A few of us were going to stick around for Illuminations, but it ended up being delayed due to lightning. It did finally go off at 9:45.

Wednesday- sunny and hot in the morning. After lunch, overcast and then storms rolled in around 1:30 while we were in line for Test Track- which shut down for just a brief moment. Some rain off and on that afternoon, but then it was "coolish". Or at least comfortable. Hopped to HS. Light rain throughout the evening.

Thurs- Animal Kingdom- tropical. Always is there. No matter what is going on elsewhere!!! Hopped to HS around 12:30, stayed sunny throughout afternoon. Hot but not unbearable. Very warm into late evening.

:sunny::umbrella:

This isn't resort related, but Vans has a number of Disney-themed shoes they recently released. I picked up a pair at Journeys in the mall. I went for the Villains style. They're pretty cool. :)
Thanks for the tip Tara! I ordered both the villainesses and the princesses. I guess I'll wear whichever pair matches my mood!

Some of us bring the laminated recipe wherever we go...even at home. :rotfl:

I personally hate coconut...but if you ask the bartender wherever you may be to just make it without coconut rum, it's quite yummy. It's a lot like a Pearl Harbor cocktail. #win

page 30-32

Unfortunately for me we have to cancel our September trip. DH decided to take a new job and will start next month and September is just too early to take off on a two week vacation to WDW after only being in the new job two months:confused3? Crazy new employer not understanding my need for WDW:rotfl2:. Natbenma, could you drop us from the Be our Guest list from the first page of this thread? That would be greatly appreciated!

I am thinking about trying to "sneak" in a week long trip possibly the week after Thanksgiving or the first or second week of January. In our past six long trips to WDW, we have only been in the September/October timeframe (although we were there in March 2013 on a one day port adventure in WDW on a cruise out of Galveston). So if anyone wants to share their feelings about visiting at those times of year - crowds, weather, etc., please do so, I would love to hear from you :disrocks:!

Congrats to your husband. Sorry to hear you have to cancel your trip, but understandable! Hope you get back to the World soon!

:)

Planning fewer ADRs for our Sep/Oct trip than usual. Wondering if we need to reserve Captains Grille for breakfast. I am an early riser and could snag a table while our teens rouse themselves. Maybe DH could wave bacon over them?

You should be fine without advanced reservations for breakfast at the Captain's Grille.

:thumbsup2

I just wanted to mention the greatest club level benefit besides the lounge....using the texting service to reserve fast passes after you've used your three scheduled ones. We were able to add the frozen sing along and the 10:30pm showing of fantasmic without visiting a kiosk. It is super convenient!!!!

That's cool! I don't think I knew about that!

:cool1:

21 days until we jump on a plane

:welcome:

I'll put you on the Be Our Guest list for early July. BC/YC or BCV?

:woohoo:

DD4 and I got the princess ones! They are super comfortable and so cute! Can't wait to wear them on the plane to WDW in 17 days!!!

Our store had the princess ones and the black and red pair. Not sure what else - I saw the Villains pair and knew those were the ones I wanted. I was glad they had them in my size.

One of the teachers who organizes the 8th Grade Class trip moved on from All Star Music to the Beach Club with his family for a couple of days after the students left. He did some research for me.

Frozen Sunken Treasure

View attachment 102658

You can get them frozen? That sounds perfect for summer!

How was the class?

I picked up the black with red mickey heads at Journeys. DD14 got Pooh and I chose Alice in Wonderland. Super cute.

Thanks for the tip Tara! I ordered both the villainesses and the princesses. I guess I'll wear whichever pair matches my mood!

I'm going to take them on our trip in August, although I'll bring along my better sneakers so I have something with support in them. I don't imagine these will work for an entire day in the parks.

I know those guys! I also know that woman told the hostess she was there to meet 2 men from the Internet. :eek:

I also know that the guy on the left has lost about 30 lbs. since that picture was taken! Thanks for the unexpected "Hey, you've made progress!" pat on the back this morning. :goodvibes

Our dates are 9/12-9/19!!! It's going to be so weird, fun, nice, sad, different....just the two of us. First time in 25 years!!! Beach Club is our resort of choice!

September 2013 our youngest went to college. DH and I went to Disney a few weeks after, just the 2 of us to ease our change to empty nest. We had so much fun that trip, the two of us have gone alone twice more since then. We also really enjoyed our family trip to BC a few weeks ago. It is also nice to know that there really is so much to do as a couple at Disney! Yes, it is different, but very nice and fun.

Mark and I had several trips together to Disney as just a couple, starting on a senior class trip and a few after we were married but BK (before kids). The only trip we have taken alone together since the boys were born was a 25th anniversary trip to Puerto Rico in 2012. When we are at the World, once and awhile we will turn to each other and say "This would be fun without the kids!"

Both kind of trips are great.

:hug:

:grouphug:

We always get a Park Hopper, and if a park has morning EMH, we are there for rope drop, and move on to another park when it starts getting crowded. With evening EMH, we brave the crowds...usually it thins out after Fireworks/Parade/Fantasmic. I want to take advantage of the extra hours, especially during the time of year when they close early.

I have looked at those sites that recommend NOT going to a park if they have EMH, but why not? I think much of their recommendation is for folks who don't get PH...and base their predictions on the fact that the families without PH go to the park with the longest hours, and stay all day. With the PH, if it's too crowded, go somewhere else....

Just my two cents....

This is exactly what we do!

We are all early risers, so it is never a problem getting up and out by EMH rope drop. We find that we get so much done in those couple of hours when the park is first open, and it also tends to be a relatively cooler part of the day. Sometimes we take a short resort break, sometimes not.

::yes::

What room was that? 5666? I can't remember if it was one or two rooms, I think two, that were used to expand the lounge.
I can't remember the room number, but according to that old room map, it looks like 5648. There were two rooms taken in the lounge expansion, but 5648 was nice because it was a corner room and had extra windows and really was more of a garden view IMO. It was too loud for us being right next to the lounge, but we LOVE it as a part of the lounge:)

This is exactly what we do!

We are all early risers, so it is never a problem getting up and out by EMH rope drop. We find that we get so much done in those couple of hours when the park is first open, and it also tends to be a relatively cooler part of the day. Sometimes we take a short resort break, sometimes not.

::yes::

Thank jlundeen and Natebenma; The two of us planners could not change our park choices to those without Extra Magic Hours. We had park hopper before, but the packed buses in August means waiting for the second or third packed bus to load and kept us from hopping due to over an hour wasted time to get to a different park. This time, we have more hopping because of non-bus options.

Fastpasses have made me more nervous than my final exam tomorrow ;) but they are done! Online check-in (yes even when I do CL I do OCI) is done! The connecting rooms were already filled in and there was (guaranteed) next to it. Hopefully it's not an issue. And I added large balcony! 60 days to go!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now to sleep since I worked last night, thanks for letting me share! :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter