• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Here's how the process went:
-I put in my request through David's rental website with a small deposit. (I believe they do this deposit to make sure people are serious about renting when they make their request and because once they find something they make the reservation right away).
-I was when contacted by david's rental and was told they would be on the lookout for openings in the resorts I requested.
-Eventually they found something in the resort I wanted (Beach Club Villas) and made the reservation right away. Before I even paid they sent me my confirmation number for the reservation. So you are able to put the confirmation number into your MDE account and link your reservation to your account right then and there to make sure everything is set up right.
-I then paid the full amount for my reservation and they emailed me a rental agreement.

So there doesn't really seem like a wa (or an easy way) for someone to take your money and leave without reservation. They make your reservation before you actually pay.

Thank you for the info! :)

Page 1384-1385

Sooo, I kind of did a thing...

We cancelled our October trip in favor of paying off some bills (looking at you, car payment!) And during a conversation with my husband about what he wants for his birthday dinner, I jokingly mentioned narcoossees! He said I could go there for my birthday if I wanted, but he wanted to go somewhere else. What?!

So, I booked us at the yacht club for March 9th-12th and airfare is booked so there's no going back!

Also adding, I'm probably not doing narcoossees for my birthday dinner (although it's a lovely place!) Now I need to book dining and fastpasses!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Happy Birthday to you!

:cake:

Following

:welcome: to the thread!

Please let us know if you have any questions about the resort.

:goodvibes

I have a stay at the Yatch club coming up and wanted to confirm delivery of groceries/amazon prime now packages. Since the Yatch club is a convention hotel do they go to Bell Services or do I have convention issues to deal with?

ETA: Yatch club August 23-30!

Got it!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Hello! We are staying at Beach Club 9/29-10/4. Our first time here, and only our second WDW vacation ever - our first trip was just last month! We stayed at AKL and while it was lovely, I cannot wait to be able to walk to both Epcot and HS and cut down on some travel time!

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

The location of the Beach Club is just incredible. You can be at the World Showcase in less than 10 minutes. Which is especially good news since you will be there during the Food & Wine festival.

Let us know if you have any questions.

:cool2:

Hi Dee,

You can revise my dates on the Be Our Guest list, please. We will be there April 25 - May 4th. Still at the Beach Club. Thanks!

Will do!

:dogdance:

View attachment 378119

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! It's a Beach Club Marketplace Chocolate Croissant!!!! I'll be stopping by to pick up one so I have something to run with through the food court at Plop Century during my next stay!

~NM

:rotfl2::clown:

Can you report if all has gone smoothly using David's? Not sure how this even works. Does the DVC owner get the $ and its sort of like a pinky promise and good will that they wont walk off with your $ or double book and leave someone with no reservation.

:welcome: back to this thread.

Let us know if you book a trip here.

::yes::

This may seem like a strange question but - do the tubs at the BC have an anti-slip texture?

Reason I ask is we are traveling with our 20 mo old son, and we have a tub mat that he uses so he won't slip when we give him a bath (he is a perpetual motion toddler), and we are wondering if we need to pack it, or if the tub itself is anti slip?

Good question!

I don't know and I don't think I have any pictures showing the floor of the tub.

Anyone there now or soon that can report back?

:magnify:

@natebenma We ended up being able to upgrade from GV to WV, and our dates are Feb 16-21 if you want to update the BOG list. 22 days! :earsboy:

Will do!

:woohoo:

I have been researching menus for my upcoming trip.

I hope I'm not pestering you lol, but here is a great resource I often use. It's nice to have the restaurants broken down by parks and hotels all in one spot.
http://allears.net/dining/menu

I love all ears. :goodvibes I often check dining menus even when I don't have a trip planned so I can keep up with all the changes. I'm glad I do, too because lately I've been booking last minute trips and since I'm always in research mode, I can easily plan things.

I'm not sure if I want to be tied to any ADRs this trip since it is only 4 days. I'm waffling back and forth on whether I want a special birthday dinner or I want to do all 4 parks in one day...snacking my way through each park. (And the option of yak and yeti for lunch or dinner since I have a Landrys card and don't need to make an ADR)

I'll be changing my plans until March 8th because that's what I do! Plus F&G festival opens a few days before I get there so blogs and vlogs will have their reports up on that which will change my mind again! I don't eat much anymore (one meal a day has corrected my appetite!) So I need to make the best decisions on food because my food wall comes pretty quickly nowadays. :( I just want to eat all the food!

This may seem like a strange question but - do the tubs at the BC have an anti-slip texture?

Reason I ask is we are traveling with our 20 mo old son, and we have a tub mat that he uses so he won't slip when we give him a bath (he is a perpetual motion toddler), and we are wondering if we need to pack it, or if the tub itself is anti slip?
The tub does not have a slip-resistant finish. I use the tub mat towel, which is left draped over the edge of the tub. If you have room for your tub mat, you may feel more comfortable bringing it along.

The tub does not have a slip-resistant finish. I use the tub mat towel, which is left draped over the edge of the tub. If you have room for your tub mat, you may feel more comfortable bringing it along.
If you ask housekeeping they will bring you a brand new in the package Rubbermaid tub mat. We have to do this every time.

We have decided to deal with the heat of September again this year, for hopefully lighter crowds, instead of going in November for my birthday, so we are keeping our current BCV reservation. If we could be added to the BOG list that would be great! Hopefully, that coffee set up will still be there, and maybe even expanded, WDW coffee has gotten better over the years, but it is still not something that I look forward to on my trips, I miss my Nespresso from home very much.

September 28-October 3- BCV

Is there any way to stay at Beach/Yacht for less than $400 night besides renting DVC points? I know the rack rates will never be that low but are there any ever promos?

Is there any way to stay at Beach/Yacht for less than $400 night besides renting DVC points? I know the rack rates will never be that low but are there any ever promos?

A YC standard room is $281 (plus taxes) a night in early September with the general public Sun & Fun discount. The special offers section of the WDW website gives you a variety of offers for different dates, you just have to be able to be flexible with when you travel.

A YC standard room is $281 (plus taxes) a night in early September with the general public Sun & Fun discount. The special offers section of the WDW website gives you a variety of offers for different dates, you just have to be able to be flexible with when you travel.

Awesome, I just got tired searching random dates. I know Disney probably makes it a bit difficult on purpose but I appreciate your response.

We paid $380 last October through our TA. Barely under $400 but we were happy since it was our first bc trip

Hello!!

I got a great AP rate and am so excited to have our first stay at Yacht Club June 9 - 16! We always said we'd only stay here on a trip with the kids (they like the look of the pool!), but oops! It's just going to be me and DH. The kids are a little miffed, LOL!!

We've stayed at the Boardwalk once in 2016, but all of our other stays have been MK resorts or Animal Kingdom Lodge. We have been drawn to YC since our Yachtsman dinner on that 2016 Boardwalk trip, so we're really happy to be staying here.

Looking forward to learning more about the ins and outs of YC/BC!

We are paying $330 a night for YC GV with the Sun & Fun discount this July. Water view was $377 for our dates. Standard was sold out. I was pretty happy with that price because I'm a teacher and can never go in the low season, so I was excited for a deal during a school break.

I was a bit behind in my reading (lurking), but I am all caught up.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. March?

Thank you for adding us ~ we will be there from 3/17 - 3/22. We are celebrating my DS no longer being a teenager. I am just really happy he wants to spend spring break with his mom. However, I guess we have a couple of offers from his college friends to sleep on our floor. :rotfl:

New specialty coffee bar has opened at the Beach Club!!! Best use of the Solarium I have seen and I love that it is open at 5:30 am, almost early enough for me.

Looks like you got quite few responses on this, but we were able to see it in action while waiting for the bus for the cruise at Christmas time. It was doing booming business then. Several folks looked liked they got their coffee there and then settled in to do some early morning emails. It does look very temporary, my initial thought it was to handle overflow of the Christmas crowd but like you I think it is a good use of that space. However, I liked to go in there because it was quiet and I could get away for a moment. With the coffee service in there it isn't much of an escape in the morning because of the coffee crowd.

Hi. I’m curious as to how rope drop at the International Gateway works as compared to the front of the park since this is our first time staying at the Beach Club. I’d like to rope drop Frozen Ever After one morning. Am I at a disadvantage coming from the IG or will they let us in at the same time as the guests at the front entrance? Thanks

Hi. I’m curious as to how rope drop at the International Gateway works as compared to the front of the park since this is our first time staying at the Beach Club. I’d like to rope drop Frozen Ever After one morning. Am I at a disadvantage coming from the IG or will they let us in at the same time as the guests at the front entrance? Thanks
I think you may be slightly closer to FEA from IG. I rope dropped FEA from IG last April. Walked as quickly as possible without running, and we were probably about 15th in line (and that included rapid stroller parking!)

We rope dropped FEA from the main gate and as we got to world showcase we converged with all of the people coming IG. I think it’s pretty close to the same distance.

I'm waffling back and forth on whether I want a special birthday dinner or I want to do all 4 parks in one day...snacking my way through each park.
All 4 parks in one days was hands down one of my favorite days in the parks ever! We decided to do it last minute (the night before) so we had to just wing it, but even with barely any planning it was great. We pretty much just snacked all day, but we already had a late lunch ADR at Garden Grill so we kept that.

I think you may be slightly closer to FEA from IG. I rope dropped FEA from IG last April. Walked as quickly as possible without running, and we were probably about 15th in line (and that included rapid stroller parking!)

We rope dropped FEA from the main gate and as we got to world showcase we converged with all of the people coming IG. I think it’s pretty close to the same distance.

Thanks for the responses. We are definitely going to do that one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter