Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We did the regatta run this morning and it was so fun! There were only 3 other people that did it but we all got super into cheering each other on. It was $30 plus tax for the two of us and well worth the price with the stuff they give you. I’ll put a picture of my haul from the run.

Attachments

• 64135CF7-8AF9-49DC-B6B4-1099EB8AF62E.jpeg
    64135CF7-8AF9-49DC-B6B4-1099EB8AF62E.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 68
  • B3466952-A8CB-4C6E-BFD3-4E9852F3590B.jpeg
    B3466952-A8CB-4C6E-BFD3-4E9852F3590B.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 67
We did the regatta run this morning and it was so fun! There were only 3 other people that did it but we all got super into cheering each other on. It was $30 plus tax for the two of us and well worth the price with the stuff they give you. I’ll put a picture of my haul from the run.

Nice haul! How long is it? DH may want to do it when we're at BWV in June.

It’s only a 3k so like 1.7 miles I think. It’s a really nice run and I have knee problems so it was perfect for me. We mainly did it for the pin because it’s awesome and we collect pins

Oh DD and I could probably handle that too then. I also have knee issues (thank you Spartan race on a ski slope in VA :sad2:) so I usually stick to the treadmill with no inclines. That pin looks really nice! We collect them also.

Oh DD and I could probably handle that too then. I also have knee issues (thank you Spartan race on a ski slope in VA :sad2:) so I usually stick to the treadmill with no inclines. That pin looks really nice! We collect them also.
I can get to about 2 miles and then my knee muscles feel like they are ripping apart. It’s terrible. I love that the pin actually says regatta run on it

We have a water view room booked for April and I am wondering if it is possible to get a nice view with a full balcony and a king bed?

We have a water view room booked for April and I am wondering if it is possible to get a nice view with a full balcony and a king bed?
If you are staying at the YC, almost all rooms have a full balcony; only a few do not.

If you are staying at the BC, only about half of the rooms have a full balcony, with most of the rest having a standing balcony.

I can’t really think of a bad water view room, though some could be noisy, if overlooking Stormalong Bay. There are not nearly as many king bed rooms, as there are two queen bed rooms.

All of that being said, you can place a few room requests, ahead of time, with, of course no guarantees. Prioritize your requests in order of importance.

When you arrive, you can ask the CM at the front desk to go over the info of the room assigned. If you are completely dissatisfied, you can politely request a different room, if any others are available.

Keep in mind that during busy season, such as Spring Break, they may be at full capacity.

Last edited:
If you are staying at the YC, almost all rooms have a full balcony; only a few do not.

If you are staying at the BC, only about half of the rooms have a full balcony, with most of the rest having a standing balcony.

I can’t really think of a bad water view room, though some could be noisy, if overlooking Stormalong Bay. There are not nearly as many king bed rooms, as there are two queen bed rooms.

All of that being said, you can place a few room requests, ahead of time, with, of course no guarantees. Prioritize your requests in order of importance.

When you arrive, you can ask the CM at the front desk you tp over the info of the room assigned. If you are completely dissatisfied, you can politely request a different room, if any others are available.

Keep in mind that during busy season, such as Spring Break, they may be at full capacity.
I see where touring Plans pretty much would't let me chose king/full balcony water view but wanted to confirm. I will be much more satisfied with my full balcony and view then the bed set up for sure.

Just a heads up in case you were like me waiting for southwest to release August. It was supposed to be next week but they opened flights up today. Booking through October 1.

Hopefully JetBlue release dates aren't far behind!

We checked out of yc today and had an amazing time! The customer service there was the best I’ve had at any Disney resort so far. We will definitely be doing CL sometime again if our budget allows. We ate almost all of our meals in the lounge and even cancelled some of our ADRs to just eat there.

It’s hard to think of cons from our stay so these are the only ones we can think of:
Dh said he didn’t like having to find a cm every time he wanted a drink from the lounge.
My only complaint about our whole stay was the light on the balcony but they brought a Minnie eye mask to our room so I can’t complain at all.

*Sorry ahead for the long story*
I also keep forgetting to post but we rented a sea raycer today and it was one of the best things I’ve done at Disney. We just signed up for half an hour. While we were in the water we noticed a bunch of speedboats driving past. Turns out a transportation boat at hs was on fire and smoking so they had to go help. These sea raycers are tiny boats and we are full grown adults so it was tight. Near the end of our time a speedboat came around the corner and the wake was large. We went over it and water filled into our boat lol. We were completely drenched but we thought it was funny. The manager at the boat rentals said our rental was free and even bought us lunch at hurricane Hanna’s. I told him he didn’t have to because it actually made it more fun for us but he insisted. Anyway, everyone should rent a sea raycer but your experience might not be as exciting haha

We checked out of yc today and had an amazing time! The customer service there was the best I’ve had at any Disney resort so far. We will definitely be doing CL sometime again if our budget allows. We ate almost all of our meals in the lounge and even cancelled some of our ADRs to just eat there.

It’s hard to think of cons from our stay so these are the only ones we can think of:
Dh said he didn’t like having to find a cm every time he wanted a drink from the lounge.
My only complaint about our whole stay was the light on the balcony but they brought a Minnie eye mask to our room so I can’t complain at all.

*Sorry ahead for the long story*
I also keep forgetting to post but we rented a sea raycer today and it was one of the best things I’ve done at Disney. We just signed up for half an hour. While we were in the water we noticed a bunch of speedboats driving past. Turns out a transportation boat at hs was on fire and smoking so they had to go help. These sea raycers are tiny boats and we are full grown adults so it was tight. Near the end of our time a speedboat came around the corner and the wake was large. We went over it and water filled into our boat lol. We were completely drenched but we thought it was funny. The manager at the boat rentals said our rental was free and even bought us lunch at hurricane Hanna’s. I told him he didn’t have to because it actually made it more fun for us but he insisted. Anyway, everyone should rent a sea raycer but your experience might not be as exciting haha
Thank you for all the live reports. I think we want to do this sea raycer rental! Does anyone know if they offer an AP discount?

Thank you for all the live reports. I think we want to do this sea raycer rental! Does anyone know if they offer an AP discount?
Yes they must because they asked if we were members of dvc or had an AP. You should totally do it! We said we will definitely do it again but maybe over by mk for a change of scenery and we would do an hour so each of us could drive. It would’ve taken too long to switch with only 30 minutes

Yes, but do yourselves a favor and rent them at one of the MK resorts, there's more lake area to drive around and I swear they are slower at the Epcot resorts. We each rent our own as it seems the more weight, the slower the sea raycer. It's a lot of fun!

Hi I have been away from the boards for a while but now I’m planning a trip this summer. I missed the announcement of the summer discount and by the time I saw it it was pretty slim pickings. I was looking for a club level room at yacht club or beach but nothing is available. I was lucky enough to snatch a regular room with the discount. What are the chances of a club level room opening up with the discount? Is there a better time to check the system to see if anyone cancelled? Better to call?

My dates are flexible just looking for a week in July. I think the thing that hurts us is we are a party of 5 so we are unable to book water view club rooms.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter