Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I stayed in the French Quarter (the real one) twice last year in very nice hotels.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but were you there in the mid 1800s when the theme of the resort is set? :) (and no, I honestly have no idea what the bedding was like in New Orleans at that time either - I just know that the new white look is rather too corporate-chain for my liking)

Andre

Just playing devil's advocate here, but were you there in the mid 1800s when the theme of the resort is set? :) (and no, I honestly have no idea what the bedding was like in New Orleans at that time either - I just know that the new white look is rather too corporate-chain for my liking)

Andre

Well, to follow that thought, maybe we should do away with the TV and electric lights---go back to oil lamps and candles for real theming! And I don't think they had hot tubs back then either!

And, yes, I'm joking, just being silly--not trying to be mean/sarcastic! :flower3:

It's all just a matter of personal taste and what appeals to each individual.

I think I had seen a photo somewhere with a POFQ room that had both a TV Stand/dresser/fridge cabinet combo and an armoire. I could be mistaken, or maybe I was looking at older photos. Are there certain rooms that have different furniture?

I think I had seen a photo somewhere with a POFQ room that had both a TV Stand/dresser/fridge cabinet combo and an armoire. I could be mistaken, or maybe I was looking at older photos. Are there certain rooms that have different furniture?

The only rooms like that are the special Wheelchair Accessible ones, where the open-plan bathroom/toilet area means there is no space for a hanging rail in the vanity room area, so they have added a wardrobe in the bedroom area. The ironing board is stored in the wardrobe too.

Andre

I'm hoping by going a week later this year we get to see pofq done up,for Xmas. Went home the 17 in 2013 and no deco was sad. This time we are there till the 23 rd so I'm hoping we get to see it

I'm hoping by going a week later this year we get to see pofq done up,for Xmas. Went home the 17 in 2013 and no deco was sad. This time we are there till the 23 rd so I'm hoping we get to see it

Usually the decorations are up by the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Andre

Just verifying that Elliott Dyson is still not performing at the Scat Cat's Club anymore? Any update on whether he (or a new performer) will return?

We'll be staying at POFQ again in May unless my MIL decides to come and we need more room, then it will be over to AoA. Never stayed there, but I can't say I'm very excited at the possibility. Anybody else?

Just verifying that Elliott Dyson is still not performing at the Scat Cat's Club anymore? Any update on whether he (or a new performer) will return?

Tom Casey has been the resident musician at POFQ since July last year.

Andre

Thanks!! We stayed at FQ in May of last year, and I guess I haven't stayed up to date since. I'm interested to give Tom a listen. Thanks! I see his schedule is different from Dyson too. Thanks again!

I may have posted that picture. Look around the beginning of May 2013. We had the armoire in our "Florida Special" handicap room. Loved the room and the armoire was wonderful. Much nicer than the hanging area in the bathroom. I think it should be in all of the rooms.

Found the picture in my photobucket account for you.

The above is not a "Florida Special" room, that's a fully wheelchair accessible one. The Florida Special rooms still have the regular bathroom with curtained-off vanity area, but they do have some extra features such as grab handrails/etc.

Andre

The only rooms like that are the special Wheelchair Accessible ones, where the open-plan bathroom/toilet area means there is no space for a hanging rail in the vanity room area, so they have added a wardrobe in the bedroom area. The ironing board is stored in the wardrobe too.

Andre

Good to know I wasn't just imagining it! I'm sure we will get along fine without it since there are only two of us and we are fairly light packers.

We will be at POFQ in May and will need 2 pack and plays for my twins. Just wondering if anyone has used two in one of these rooms and how much of a pain it was. They fit fine at BC last year, we just had to close one during the day and then we kept the other open and tossed the kids toys in it. I know the mod rooms are a little smaller.

We grand opened that resort when my DD was an infant. At that time Disney supplied full sized cribs, they were stainless steel, like hospital cribs, top of the line. That easily took the space of to portables they have now. We also when my DD was 4 had a cot ordered up for her. It was as wide as a twin bed and just slightly shorter in length. Disney had both the crib 2x's and cot both times set up between the bed and the door (or where the attached pass through door is to connect to the next room.) When we had the big cot bed (wasn't really a cot a small bed) my parents were in the next room, and we could still open that door. There is a lot of void space between the side of the bed and the entrance door. This resort has about the same usable sq footage as the standard rooms at AKL.

I stayed in the French Quarter (the real one) twice last year in very nice hotels. The decor was very NOLA obviously. Guess what was on the beds?! White bedding! The room was beautiful and clean and I wouldn't want it any other way!

Me too. We went down for a college visit to Tulane and stayed one night in the FC on the water, the hotel attached to the mini mall, very upscale and all whites. One of the first times we saw that about 5 years ago.

We moved over to the Garden District and stayed at a very nice Hampton Inn, nicer than most and it too had the white sheeting package. I'm actually considering trying this for the summer months up here. I'll have to see what bedding is offered similar to scarfs for home use. I can't deal with just white every day.

We will be staying at POFQ for the first time on our July trip. I looked at the July 2013 recreation schedule and saw that the campfire time was listed at 7:00pm. Does anyone know how long the campfire lasts? I made all of my dinning ADR's for our nonpark days at 6:00 or 6:30pm and I am wondering if I should move one of them earlier to be able to attend a campfire if the kids are interested. Thanks for any info.

Michele

Just playing devil's advocate here, but were you there in the mid 1800s when the theme of the resort is set? :) (and no, I honestly have no idea what the bedding was like in New Orleans at that time either - I just know that the new white look is rather too corporate-chain for my liking) Andre

In the mid 1850's you'd be sleeping in a bed made of hay and horse hair. The sheets would be washed by hand and probably not changed for every guest. You'd pee and poop in a bowl that you kept under the bed.

I'll take the clean white sheets!

When does pool construction. / refurb begin? Anyone have thoughts on noise level with the equipment being used? DS2 naps during the day & I'm hoping for a room away from the pool but know I can only "request" not to be near pools, we check in very late (midnight) on our arrival day so there may not be many rooms open & ready... Also, anyone know if there is a typical schedule for when rooms get mousekeeping? Last year at POR our mouse keeper always showed up at nap time. We asked her to try & come earlier or later but she always was there during naps. We would send her away and I think it frustrated her / it certainly was a frustration to us ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter