Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

The above is not a "Florida Special" room, that's a fully wheelchair accessible one. The Florida Special rooms still have the regular bathroom with curtained-off vanity area, but they do have some extra features such as grab handrails/etc.

Andre

All this time I've been thinking that it was a Florida Special room. Look at post #1995 on the previous FAQ thread. That's where I got the idea this was a Florida Special. We were in Room 5101, which is a red number on your floorplan maps. We loved the room and would request one in the future. Now I am not sure what kind of room I am looking for if we ever go again.

Does anyone know what the work they are doing on the pool is? Just wondering if it will be loud/if they will be digging up pipes, etc?

I was wondering the same thing, as in what are they doing. I am thinking it has something to do with the rumored pool fencing off.

We will be there tomorrow morning. I would like if someone could confirm a few things for me before we leave

checkin in about 10am are room might not be ready?

The will hold suitcases for use so we can enjoy the parks?

When checking in ask not to be on ground floor(due to noise)

Ask for building 4 to be close to buses

We are bringing breakfast food from home will there be milk available for purchase somewhere at resort?

Please confirm these and if you think I need to know anything else before we get there tomorrow :) thnx

We will be there tomorrow morning. I would like if someone could confirm a few things for me before we leave

checkin in about 10am are room might not be ready?

The will hold suitcases for use so we can enjoy the parks?

When checking in ask not to be on ground floor(due to noise)

Ask for building 4 to be close to buses

We are bringing breakfast food from home will there be milk available for purchase somewhere at resort?

Please confirm these and if you think I need to know anything else before we get there tomorrow :) thnx

Room may be ready, but it probably won't be ready that early (from my experience).

Yes, they can hold bags.

We personally love the first floor and I have never experienced noise at POFQ while staying on the first floor.

Building 4 is closest to buses.

Yes you can purchase milk.

Have fun! :goodvibes

Is anyone at / recently stayed at the POFQ... Is the construction noise something we should worry about disrupting DS nap time?

Also, is there any schedule for mousekeeping ... ie which buildings are cleaned around what time... Trying to preserve nap time and routine as much as possible for DS2.

What is the rumor?

I don't think it's a rumour, I believe all of the main (i.e. lifeguarded) pools at WDW will have gated admission before long, so they can be closed for guest access when the lifeguards are off duty.

I understand it ties in with a tragic incident over at Pop Century in March last year, where there was some question as to whether guests were fully aware of whether life guards were on duty 24/7 or not - even though the times are very clearly signposted, and the quiet pools (where there are no lifeguards at all anyway) don't seem to be affected. But hey, it's a litigious world that we live in these days.

Andre

30 days from today!!!! That means 4 Fridays from today, I will be leaving work and taking the next day to pack and get ready!!! I hope it warms up!!

Boing boing boing!!! :hyper:

Room may be ready, but it probably won't be ready that early (from my experience). Yes, they can hold bags. We personally love the first floor and I have never experienced noise at POFQ while staying on the first floor. Building 4 is closest to buses. Yes you can purchase milk. Have fun! :goodvibes

Thanks!! I'll be on a plane In 12 hours and at a Disney restaurant for dinner in 24!!! Yay!!!

I don't think it's a rumour, I believe all of the main (i.e. lifeguarded) pools at WDW will have gated admission before long, so they can be closed for guest access when the lifeguards are off duty.

Andre

Ok, thanks. Did they have to redesign the pool to make space for the fencing?

Ok, thanks. Did they have to redesign the pool to make space for the fencing?

The job isn't done yet, but there shouldn't be a lot of work to do at either Riverside or French Quarter as the pools are already mostly fenced or hedged around anyway. Hopefully all they'll need to do is add some tasteful access gates across the entrance pathways.

POFQ-Doubloon-2010b-1159_forum.jpg

Fingers crossed they ensure it's all in keeping with the theming of the rest of the area though, unlike the horrible mess that someone made with the naff generic metal mesh fences they put up around the main parking lots. I'm guessing Imagineering had nothing to do with this eyesore:

POR-Main-2012-6739_forum.jpg

Andre

I don't post often but I have read virtually all of this thread as well as the one on faxing. Sent in my fax this morning as my wife and I and our two dear friends from Portland (we all live in Oregon) will be there from Jan29-Feb6 for our first ever trip. We are all between 58 and 71 years old and looking forward to a great trip. THANK YOU so much for all the valuable information.:cool1:
Edd & Deborah, Craig & Lea

I'm hoping they might end the pool construction early.

It's possible of course, if everything goes really smoothly - but equally it could finish later (if they get delayed by poor weather for example). 28 Feb is just an estimated completion date at the moment.

Andre

eddh0713 said:
I don't post often but I have read virtually all of this thread as well as the one on faxing. Sent in my fax this morning as my wife and I and our two dear friends from Portland (we all live in Oregon) will be there from Jan29-Feb6 for our first ever trip. We are all between 58 and 71 years old and looking forward to a great trip. THANK YOU so much for all the valuable information.:cool1:
Edd & Deborah, Craig & Lea

Have a great trip. I'm at 180 days and counting!

Is anyone at / recently stayed at the POFQ... Is the construction noise something we should worry about disrupting DS nap time?

Also, is there any schedule for mousekeeping ... ie which buildings are cleaned around what time... Trying to preserve nap time and routine as much as possible for DS2.

Mommajo, if you want a certain time reserved for naptime, call housekeeping every morning before 8:30am, & request your desired time frame, such as, "Please clean our room before 12 noon". Our requests have always been met. Only problem we have detected is the call needs to be made every day. We've tried requesting for our entire stay & it never happens every day.

Don't know about the construction noise, but -
1. Call Disney Reservations before your trip & request a building # (check the map for one that is away from the pool). No guarantee, but it's worth the time. We have always gotten our requests fulfilled, but then we don't request the popular buildings (bus, pool, food court) - weird us, we actually prefer close to the parking lot!

2. When you check in, ask if you are close to the pool. If so, request a room change - usually happens unless you arrive late in the day/night.

Good luck & enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter