Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

I don't post often but I have read virtually all of this thread as well as the one on faxing. Sent in my fax this morning as my wife and I and our two dear friends from Portland (we all live in Oregon) will be there from Jan29-Feb6 for our first ever trip. We are all between 58 and 71 years old and looking forward to a great trip. THANK YOU so much for all the valuable information.:cool1:
Edd & Deborah, Craig & Lea

You will love POFQ. We are late 50s/early60s and dh will not stay anywhere else.

Is anyone at / recently stayed at the POFQ... Is the construction noise something we should worry about disrupting DS nap time?

Also, is there any schedule for mousekeeping ... ie which buildings are cleaned around what time... Trying to preserve nap time and routine as much as possible for DS2.

we were in Bldg 4, not near the pool and bus stop was behind that building.

My 2 year old niece was still napping and every morning when we were ready to leave the room I called mousekeeping and politely asked if our room could be taken care of by 1-1:30 as we had a little one that we would be bringing back for an afternoon nap. 5 of the 6 days our room was done when we came back, the other day they were just finishing up.

resort map (and tons of other good stuff) can be found here

http://www.portorleans.org/frenchquarter-info.php

I remember there were pictures of the newer rooms (without the comforter) but, does anyone remember where they were?

Andre, I just checked your site and I wasn't able to find them yet.

Thanks Everyone!

I remember there were pictures of the newer rooms (without the comforter) but, does anyone remember where they were?

Andre, I just checked your site and I wasn't able to find them yet.

Thanks Everyone!

Check out post #909 of this thread.

My comparison probably skips over multiple refurbs in between, but this is 2006 and 2014 side by side:

pofqcompare.jpg

:thumbsup2

we were in Bldg 4, not near the pool and bus stop was behind that building. My 2 year old niece was still napping and every morning when we were ready to leave the room I called mousekeeping and politely asked if our room could be taken care of by 1-1:30 as we had a little one that we would be bringing back for an afternoon nap. 5 of the 6 days our room was done when we came back, the other day they were just finishing up. resort map (and tons of other good stuff) can be found here http://www.portorleans.org/frenchquarter-info.php

Great idea - def will do that this trip! We requested bldg 4 and have our fingers crossed but also know there are only so many rooms so we have no way to know for sure if we will get our preferred bldg or not. Never made a request for a special area before... Always have had a great room though. Mostly just wanting to avoid midday noise if we can :-)

Mommajo, if you want a certain time reserved for naptime, call housekeeping every morning before 8:30am, & request your desired time frame, such as, "Please clean our room before 12 noon". Our requests have always been met. Only problem we have detected is the call needs to be made every day. We've tried requesting for our entire stay & it never happens every day. Don't know about the construction noise, but - 1. Call Disney Reservations before your trip & request a building # (check the map for one that is away from the pool). No guarantee, but it's worth the time. We have always gotten our requests fulfilled, but then we don't request the popular buildings (bus, pool, food court) - weird us, we actually prefer close to the parking lot! 2. When you check in, ask if you are close to the pool. If so, request a room change - usually happens unless you arrive late in the day/night. Good luck & enjoy!

Unfortunately our flight arrives at MIDNIGHT! I'm hoping for the best and if we get our preference
( bldg 4 ) great - But as long as we are not directly in the pool area we will be very happy. And if we are by the pool we will make the best if it! The furthest bldg at POFQ is closer than the rooms we had at CBR & POR and we loved our rooms on both those trips. . .so no worries. I think POFQ is so small that all the areas are an easy walking distance to buses, even with little ones.
:-)

Thanks on ideas for calling - never occurred to me they could do that and will absolutely call this trip.

Do the hair dryers in the rooms work well? I don't want to pack one if I don't have to!

We leave on Saturday!!!!!! It is supposed to be 80 degrees. :)

Thanks for all the great info!

Do the hair dryers in the rooms work well? I don't want to pack one if I don't have to!

They work well enough, but they are not super high powered so if you've got tons of long bushy hair, might not be quite powerful enough for you.

Andre

Great idea - def will do that this trip! We requested bldg 4 and have our fingers crossed but also know there are only so many rooms so we have no way to know for sure if we will get our preferred bldg or not. Never made a request for a special area before... Always have had a great room though. Mostly just wanting to avoid midday noise if we can :-)

We stayed in a corner, ground-floor room in building 4 last May and loved it. No issues with noise at all. Walked around to the back of the building for the bus stop and across the "street" each morning for coffee and breakfast. Also, the movies on the lawn between buildings 5 and 6 were also just across the street.

They work well enough, but they are not super high powered so if you've got tons of long bushy hair, might not be quite powerful enough for you.

Andre

Listen to a Andre I have long thick hair and u have to bring my own . There's us very low power. My husband on the other hand has thin hair works for him

If I wanted to be at MK for a 9am rope drop, what time should I be boarding a bus from POFQ?

You should be departing on the bus no later than 8:20am, so I'd suggest being at the bus stop no later than 8am. A little earlier if you want to be close to the front of the crowd at the MK entrance.

Andre

andrewilley said:
You should be departing on the bus no later than 8:20am, so I'd suggest being at the bus stop no later than 8am. A little earlier if you want to be close to the front of the crowd at the MK entrance.

Andre

Thanks Andre. MK will be our first full day there, so no doubt we'll all be awake really early that morning.

Tardisblue said:
Alternately - you could book an early breakfast at Crystal Palace and be inside MK before the park actually opens.

Yes, we've got that planned for another day. Thank you :-)

Thanks Andre. MK will be our first full day there, so no doubt we'll all be awake really early that morning.

Ah, hello fellow Brits! Yes, you will indeed be awake plenty early enough for breakfast at the food court and at to bus stop by 8am. It will wear off around day 2-3.

Andre

LOL I think on holiday is the only time I'm happy to get up early. This will be my 6th WDW trip, DH's 5th, DD's 2nd and DS' 1st.

Never been to POFQ but always thought it looked lovely, so can't wait. Stayed at ASMov and AKL before.

I love disboards and Andre! I have gotten wonderful information from here over and over! I have stayed at POFQ July 2012, February 2013 and September 2013. Every time has been terrific. We don't use the pool so the construction won't bother us if it is still ongoing for our March 2014 trip-35 days!!!! We have even booked September 2014 already- that should tell you how much we love POFQ. As a Louisiana native - when we leave home, we are going "home".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter