Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

LOVE the new look! Looks much more expensive/classy to me. And I always hated dealing with those big, heavy, DIRTY comforters!

We will be at POFQ in May and will need 2 pack and plays for my twins. Just wondering if anyone has used two in one of these rooms and how much of a pain it was. They fit fine at BC last year, we just had to close one during the day and then we kept the other open and tossed the kids toys in it. I know the mod rooms are a little smaller.

Is this correct?

top = sheet
below top sheet = blanket?
below blanket = us?

That sounds yucky! The sheets are cleaned for each new guests. Blankets are not always cleaned & blankets are next to our bodies????

We hated the bedspreads. Those probably were rarely cleaned. For sanitation sake we always folded them up as soon as we arrived & stored them on the bath shelf. YUK! I'm assuming the cost of laundry is why a lot of hotels are/have eliminating/ed bedspreads.

we loved the bedspreads, oddly enough this is sometimes one of things that really differentiates theming in rooms between resorts and sections of resorts. I very much loved the bedspreads in POR Mansions section, was not the biggest fan of those in AB.

The white just looks FAR too sterile, there is no appeal, nothing to draw me in or add to the room :(

We will be at POFQ in May and will need 2 pack and plays for my twins. Just wondering if anyone has used two in one of these rooms and how much of a pain it was. They fit fine at BC last year, we just had to close one during the day and then we kept the other open and tossed the kids toys in it. I know the mod rooms are a little smaller.

I'm way off topic and I have no idea about the room size. But I just had to say I remember those days of hauling around two pack n plays! (Along with two of everything else! ) :goodvibes My twin boys are 20 now. Sure goes fast!

Anyway, looking forward to our stay at POFQ!

Thanks for that. I saw the POR without the scarf, at least the scarf doesn't make the white appear like a half made bed.

We were here in the nineties 3 times then 2005 2006 2011 2012 2013 ... Just like Gbye nineties I say Gbye to,bed bug covering unwashed heavy comforters. Cheers to change and advancements... It's about being at Disney not a heavy ole comforter. There's plenty of beautiful ambience at pofq. With or without a heavy comforter.

LOVE the new look! Looks much more expensive/classy to me. And I always hated dealing with those big, heavy, DIRTY comforters!

It looks more "bland corporate hotel chain" to me - the sort of thing I'd expect to see at a mid-range hotel chain which is trying to look modern and trendy, but ends up looking just like everywhere else. It chips away at the charm and immersive theming - and I'm sorry, but just laying a strip of material across the end of the bed doesn't really make up for the rest of the expanse of sterile hospital white.

Don't get me wrong, I won't miss the heavy and infrequently washed comforters in themselves, but WDW should have at least switched to a lighter-weight themed top cover with matching pillow cases - or even a duvet/cover arrangement rather than tucked in sheets at all.

Andre

We had one pack & play at POR last year, it was a tight squeeze- we moved the bench to the "closet" left the suitcase open in top & used as dirty clothes hamper. Put pack & play in spot where the branch was. I suppose you could wedge a second pack & play by the table/TV/door which is where we kept our stroller. We had an adjoining room with DMIL / DFIL which made space on one side of bed unusable bc door /DS5 & DS2 walking back & forth between rooms but that may be an option. Bottom line it's possible but like you said, it'll be pretty cramped between luggage, diapers/pull-ups, clothes, kids & beds. If do-able you may consider asking for the bed rails and putting twins in a bed with the rails?
:-)

With 1 Pack n play we placed it in the corner blocking the connecting door we were not going to use. With a second I could see it fitting between the queen beds.

It looks more "bland corporate hotel chain" to me - the sort of thing I'd expect to see at a mid-range hotel chain which is trying to look modern and trendy, but ends up looking just like everywhere else. It chips away at the charm and immersive theming - and I'm sorry, but just laying a strip of material across the end of the bed doesn't really make up for the rest of the expanse of sterile hospital white.

Don't get me wrong, I won't miss the heavy and infrequently washed comforters in themselves, but WDW should have at least switched to a lighter-weight themed top cover with matching pillow cases - or even a duvet/cover arrangement rather than tucked in sheets at all.

Andre

As a designer, I agree. The new bedding is bland and not well themed. Disney has always prided itself on their ability to tell a story in every little detail. This bedding does not do that. It is no different then any other bedding at any other hotel. There is nothing there that stands out. Personally, I think it was a bad decision and choice.

Andre

I agree. And I don't see how tucked in sheets look more expensive/classy. To me it looks less expensive/classy - like they couldn't afford more than just sheets. Those scarf things look like they're pretty lightweight - why not make them big enough to cover the entire bed?

I don't care about the theming, I am ecstatic about triple sheeted beds!!!! No filthy bedspreads by my fasces!!!

I don't care about the theming,

Then, if it's not a silly question, why are you spending all that money going to Disney? Theming (and the cast members who provide the personalised version of physical theming) is what sets Disney apart from everyone else - without it, you might as well stay at a motel next to a glorified Six Flags.

Next step, replace the turn-of-the-century store decor on Main Street USA with a trendy modern chrome and glass mall...

Andre

I think maybe the PP meant that a bedspread doesn't make or break the theming. At least that's my opinion on it. I'd much rather have a sleek look that's clean than a fancy themed one that's dirty (which I do consider those heavy comforters to be dirty--can't imagine they get washed very often!). There's SOOOOOO much more to the theme than the bedspread and all the rest is lovely. I absolutely fell in love with POFQ and it had nothing to do with a bedspread!

Andre

I agree they could have done something a little more elaborate. I suppose it was about money, which is really a shame

I wasn't going to jump in to the bedspread discussion but oh well, guess I am!

We see the bedspread on the bed when we enter the room the first day. We stay eleven nights and never see that spread again. I think most people remove the spread rather than sleep under it (seriously, how can anyone sleep under that?). So other than a decor statement when you enter the room, the bedspread really serves no purpose.

The scarf across the beds now --isn't that the former bedspread trimmed down to a smaller size?

The change I wish they would make is fitted bottom sheets so I wouldn't have to bring my own.

I think most people remove the spread rather than sleep under it (seriously, how can anyone sleep under that?).

The change I wish they would make is fitted bottom sheets so I wouldn't have to bring my own.

I'll concede that most of the time when I go to WDW, it's too warm to sleep under the bedspread, but not always. But when I don't sleep under it, I don't completely remove it, I just fold it down to the bottom of the bed.

As for the fitted sheets, I've always assumed that hotels don't use them because of how difficult they are to fold.

We always took the bedspread off as they are never cleaned, so with the white sheets, you at least know they are bleached :)

I played ball with a guy who's family was involved with a large national hotel chain, when I saw him delicately remove the bed spread an throw it to the side during our road trips I asked why. I have done the same for the last 20 years. I really don't like laying in other peoples bodily fluids.

I stayed in the French Quarter (the real one) twice last year in very nice hotels. The decor was very NOLA obviously. Guess what was on the beds?! White bedding! The room was beautiful and clean and I wouldn't want it any other way!

I'll concede that most of the time when I go to WDW, it's too warm to sleep under the bedspread, but not always. But when I don't sleep under it, I don't completely remove it, I just fold it down to the bottom of the bed.

As for the fitted sheets, I've always assumed that hotels don't use them because of how difficult they are to fold.

Actually, this is what we usually do, too. Then have to pick them up off the floor every morning because they fall down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter