Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Curious about construction noise with pool? Our DS2 still naps each day & DS6 does best when able to have some quiet time too...we've scheduled FP+ & lunch/dinner reservations to accommodate daily breaks... Is there alot of noise or should we really try to get a certain building so mid day breaks aren't interrupted by construction noise?

Can't wait to come back knee better heal. 30 percent disc pofq nov14-23. Hope some of Disney springs is finished

We will be checking Saturday!:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana: So looking forward to it. Now if I could just get finished cleaning:( and packing!:confused3

Thanks for all the info!

I think I'll request 3 or 4, but will be totally cool with anything. Those 3 a.m. MK nights with kids could get long with even a short 5 minute walk:)

Oh My 61 pages of posts. Apology in advance, but can someone tell me if POFC still has the pretty quilts or if they have gone to the whites?

:offtopic: A bit off-topic, but all you lovely POFQ people give good advice...

We are staying at POFQ for 5 nights, then going to a private off-site villa for two weeks. During that fortnight we have booked one night at the Grand Floridian. We have also decided to do an early breakfast at CP @ MK at some point during our holiday.

So, my question is, should we book the CP for the morning we check out of GF (wake up, get the monorail over for 8am, come back for 11am, check out, then go back to MK or somewhere else), or should we wake up as and when we're ready and spend a leisurely morning in our room before checking out (this would mean coming to CP on another day from the villa in Lindfields, which will take longer). We will have an MK view from our room, and it's possible we could get a late check out (but by all accounts we may not know until the night before).

It will be me, DH, DD (4yrs) and DS (2yrs).

:confused3

Gone to the white. There are long, sad discussions on it.

Thanks so much. I knew POR had but last I checked FC still had the pretty ones. I was pretending that Disney would leave POFC alone.

I started randomly trying to hunt down conversation about FC going white but a little tedious to scan 61 pages. Appreciate the help.

My comparison probably skips over multiple refurbs in between, but this is 2006 and 2014 side by side:

pofqcompare.jpg

I think the new white ones with a splash of colour make the room look more expensive (just going by the photos).

I think the new white ones with a splash of colour make the room look more expensive (just going by the photos).

I disagree. It makes it look like they forgot to finish making the bed or that they couldn't afford bed coverings because now it's just covered by a sheet.

My comparison probably skips over multiple refurbs in between, but this is 2006 and 2014 side by side:

pofqcompare.jpg

Thanks for that. I saw the POR without the scarf, at least the scarf doesn't make the white appear like a half made bed.

Is this correct?

top = sheet
below top sheet = blanket?
below blanket = us?

That sounds yucky! The sheets are cleaned for each new guests. Blankets are not always cleaned & blankets are next to our bodies????

We hated the bedspreads. Those probably were rarely cleaned. For sanitation sake we always folded them up as soon as we arrived & stored them on the bath shelf. YUK! I'm assuming the cost of laundry is why a lot of hotels are/have eliminating/ed bedspreads.

My understanding is that it's sheet-blanket-sheet - in other words, same as before, but with a top sheet and scarf replacing the bedspread. (FWIW, that's how it was at the BC in 2012.)

The new pic just posted looks nicer than I expected.

Is this correct?

top = sheet
below top sheet = blanket?
below blanket = us?

That sounds yucky! The sheets are cleaned for each new guests. Blankets are not always cleaned & blankets are next to our bodies????

We hated the bedspreads. Those probably were rarely cleaned. For sanitation sake we always folded them up as soon as we arrived & stored them on the bath shelf. YUK! I'm assuming the cost of laundry is why a lot of hotels are/have eliminating/ed bedspreads.

There is a sheet under the blanket. We haven't stayed at POFQ yet, but they had the same set up at Pop and BC last time we were there. We thought they looked nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter