Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think this shaving mirror would also work for applying makeup? I am pretty tall but I find leaning over the sink far enough to do my makeup can be a hassle, but I really try to avoid packing a makeup mirror! I am going in October so I am fingers crossed all the rooms will be refurbed by then!
If you like yourself even a little bit, I wouldn't recommend looking in that mirror. :scared1:

Long-time lurker on these boards but I haven't bothered posting until now... I really liked the makeup/shaving mirror. The lighting in the renovated bathrooms in general is super bright and makes applying makeup super easy!! I loved the addition of the smaller mirror.

My next trip to WDW is this fall, 11/28-12/3. Five nights at POP, three full park days, plus MVMCP. Can't wait!

I am 5'5" and LOVED using the mirror for applying makeup! I liked it so much that I have started looking for one for my home!

I haven't stayed at POP yet, but if it's the same mirror they have at the Poly, I bought one a few years ago at IKEA. Maybe they still have them!

I haven't stayed at POP yet, but if it's the same mirror they have at the Poly, I bought one a few years ago at IKEA. Maybe they still have them!

I actually had the IKEA one too! When my family redid the bathroom I didn't put it back up because I felt bad to leave marks on the freshly redone walls. I'm 5'9 but also clumsy so sometimes reaching over the sink as far as sinks tend to come forward in hotels is not easy.

Some friends of mine recently returned from a trip, staying at POP in a refurbished room. They were telling me of the pros/cons of the new room, but one thing that they really disliked, I mean really disliked, was the lack of privacy while using the bathroom. Not sure how to word this without being gross, but they said with the new pocket style door and the new quiet exhaust fan they might as well left the door open as everyone in the bedroom area could hear exactly what was going on in the bathroom. :sad2: For others who have stayed in the refurbished rooms, did you experience this as well? Do any of the other resorts have these new pocket doors and exhaust fans? We've been thinking of staying somewhere else on our next trip (have stayed at POP last 7 trips) and this would be one issue that would help us in deciding where. I mean seriously I like my privacy....

Some friends of mine recently returned from a trip, staying at POP in a refurbished room. They were telling me of the pros/cons of the new room, but one thing that they really disliked, I mean really disliked, was the lack of privacy while using the bathroom. Not sure how to word this without being gross, but they said with the new pocket style door and the new quiet exhaust fan they might as well left the door open as everyone in the bedroom area could hear exactly what was going on in the bathroom. :sad2: For others who have stayed in the refurbished rooms, did you experience this as well? Do any of the other resorts have these new pocket doors and exhaust fans? We've been thinking of staying somewhere else on our next trip (have stayed at POP last 7 trips) and this would be one issue that would help us in deciding where. I mean seriously I like my privacy....
I haven't stayed in the new rooms yet but I know there is a barn door that blocks off the sleeping area from the sinks. I would just close that along with the bathroom pocket door. I'm hoping that would solve it because I'll be there in May. :scared:

I haven't stayed in the new rooms yet but I know there is a barn door that blocks off the sleeping area from the sinks. I would just close that along with the bathroom pocket door. I'm hoping that would solve it because I'll be there in May. :scared:

My friends said they did that, but there is a gap of about an inch between the barn door and the wall, so it really had no effect on the noise level..... I know it's a silly concern, but yet it's on my mind. You'll have to update us when you get back.

Unfortunately yes, this was my only real issue with the rooms. It was just DH, DD8 and I so it wasn't really a big deal for us though.

Unfortunately yes, this was my only real issue with the rooms. It was just DH, DD8 and I so it wasn't really a big deal for us though.

I hope they don't refurb the other resorts resulting in this being an issue throughout.... I imagine the exhaust fans are more economical since they are so quiet, but still poor planning on DW end.:crazy:

I hope they don't refurb the other resorts resulting in this being an issue throughout.... I imagine the exhaust fans are more economical since they are so quiet, but still poor planning on DW end.:crazy:
I imagine the rest of the resorts will also be getting the sliding barn doors upon refurbishment... I still think it's a better option than those nasty old curtains.

My friends said they did that, but there is a gap of about an inch between the barn door and the wall, so it really had no effect on the noise level..... I know it's a silly concern, but yet it's on my mind. You'll have to update us when you get back.

Sounds like your friend neglected to shut the bathroom door. There are TWO doors.

There is a sliding pocket door that closes off the toilet/shower area from the sink area.

There is a sliding barn door that closes off the sink area from the bedroom.

There is NO WAY someone could have seen them, and probably not heard anything unless they are "very loud" - IF they closed both doors.

Photo shows pocket door open, it could be they didn't realize it was there.

Photo from EASYWDW

refurbished_pop_century_room-7.jpg

I imagine the rest of the resorts will also be getting the sliding barn doors upon refurbishment... I still think it's a better option than those nasty old curtains.
I agree, the barn doors are so pretty and to me the curtains were often hard to close (I'm short), and I also like the idea of the pocket door as those bathrooms are tiny, but it sounds like I may prefer the old style, loud exhaust fan. :)

L
Sounds like your friend neglected to shut the bathroom door. There are TWO doors.

There is a sliding pocket door that closes off the toilet/shower area from the sink area.

There is a sliding barn door that closes off the sink area from the bedroom.

There is NO WAY someone could have seen them, and probably not heard anything unless they are "very loud" - IF they closed both doors.

Photo shows pocket door open, it could be they didn't realize it was there.

Photo from EASYWDW

refurbished_pop_century_room-7.jpg

LOL!!! Oh, my, that would be bad!!! But, they said they closed both doors. Their comment about the barn door is just that with that gap it's not going to keep any escaping sound from the toilet area out. Everything else about the room they LOVED, LOVED and LOVED!!!!!

L

LOL!!! Oh, my, that would be bad!!! But, they said they closed both doors. Their comment about the barn door is just that with that gap it's not going to keep any escaping sound from the toilet area out. Everything else about the room they LOVED, LOVED and LOVED!!!!!

No way or they are very very loud "deposit-ers" ........... that pocket door shuts tight enough and with the fan and barndoor ......

I have stayed in them at least 5-6 times with two big boys ... never heard anything. No way to see anything unless they were naked by the sink and I flattened myself up against the wall and turned my head to look in. You can always turn on the shower if you are "loud".

I do wish the fan were manual. Half the time it came on no one was in the bathroom, and half my showers it never came on .. so random.

Last edited:
No way or they are very very loud "deposit-ers" ........... that pocket door shuts tight enough and with the fan and barndoor ......

I have stayed in them at least 5-6 times with two big boys ... never heard anything. No way to see anything unless they were naked by the sink and I flattened myself up against the wall and turned my head to look in. You can always turn on the shower if you are "loud".

I do with the fan were manual. Half the time it came on no one was in the bathroom, and half my showers it never came on .. so random.

This is very encouraging news!!!! I can definitely see where turning on the shower or running water in the tub would offer a bit of noise if needed. It would be bad if the fan didn't come on during my showers cause I like a hot shower. It would probably look like a sauna by the time I finished. But at least now I can rest easy! May have been a fluke with their room or like you put it....loud "deposit-ers." :rolleyes1

I went last sept with two guys. And I was the only female. I tried to go when they were not in the room, but with lock down due to hurricane, kinda hard. No humor like potty humor I say. We knew with close quareters this was going to be an issue and just rolled with it.

I went last sept with two guys. And I was the only female. I tried to go when they were not in the room, but with lock down due to hurricane, kinda hard. No humor like potty humor I say. We knew with close quareters this was going to be an issue and just rolled with it.

It sounds like some have issues while others do not, but glad you were able to roll with it. At least you were safe from the hurricane. I wonder if it has to do with the room itself and maybe poor construction with the pocket doors, some being a tighter fit than others.

L

Your friends are right even with both doors closed the fan is not that loud and sound travels especially when you consider these new rooms have little to no sound absorbing material. Just put the tv on and or run the sink and it would be fine.

Reactions: GCM
Your friends are right even with both doors closed the fan is not that loud and sound travels especially when you consider these new rooms have little to no sound absorbing material. Just put the tv on and or run the sink and it would be fine.
I just started shouting at them about what they had to eat and such. Its all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter