Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If/when you do Online Check In, you should be able to request a Pak-n-play. They don't offer cribs. Also, once you arrive you will have to call and ask that they bring it to you. It won't be in your room already.

The options for room requests during Online Check In are predetermined and very limited. It's still best to call in your room location requests .

Thanks for the info! This is just my second time doing this on my own, as we normally travel with my parents and stay with them since they are DVC. So I'm still a novice! ;)
Many people are calling to make specific requests right now due the the status of refurbishments. At this time the 90's, 80's and 70's have been fully completed and all rooms are refurbished. If people really want a refurbished room they are calling to request this.
Ahhh that makes sense! Thanks for that explanation! :)

I really don't care about a refurbed room- stayed last year in an old one and it just was fine- but I reallly want to be in the 70s again. Just so happens they're all refurbed. :dogdance:

Many people are calling to make specific requests right now due the the status of refurbishments. At this time the 90's, 80's and 70's have been fully completed and all rooms are refurbished. If people really want a refurbished room they are calling to request this.

Calling? How about faxing using the TP room request? I know it didn't work for you recently. My TP request goes out soon---should I cancel it and call instead?

Calling? How about faxing using the TP room request? I know it didn't work for you recently. My TP request goes out soon---should I cancel it and call instead?

I did both....but we both know how that turned out for me! ;)

I don't think there is anything wrong with doing both. Better safe than sorry.

I’m doing both. I have my TP fax set up and I just got off the phone with a lovely CM that took my requests as well. I told her my online check in requests weren’t saving properly but she assured me she could see them on her end, and she added a refurbished room request to my reservation as well. We’re there in 30 days so we’ll see how it goes!

How bad Ian the cigarette smoke at pop century? I plan on avoiding the food court there entirely since I hear the smoking section is right outside. I requested 70s topmost floor lake view but Justin noticed there’s a designated smoking area on the walking path around the lake that might be close. I have asthma and my so has asthma so we try to take preventative measures.

How bad Ian the cigarette smoke at pop century? I plan on avoiding the food court there entirely since I hear the smoking section is right outside. I requested 70s topmost floor lake view but Justin noticed there’s a designated smoking area on the walking path around the lake that might be close. I have asthma and my so has asthma so we try to take preventative measures.

The only smoking section I have seen near the food court is at the end of the building to the right if you are facing the back of the building. You would walk right by it going to the lobby/ food court from the 70’s and would have to make a wide detour to miss it heading to transportation. I would look at a resort map, and see where all the smoking areas are and then make your room request. I did not have any issues with smoke when I stayed in the 60’s, and used the food court frequently.

There are smoking sections but they are not right on a path normally. There are little coves off to the side where people smoke and my experience is that most guests are respectful and only smoke there. You will be within about 10’ of them but my experience has been that normally there are just a few people there at a time.

If you are unable to even catch a whiff of cigarette smoke you might want to check out a map and possibly check the 60’s section as you might be able to get to those rooms and avoid the smoking sections.

hey all, anyone going solo from the 20th to 28th??? Would love to make some new Disney friends

At Pop now. We did not do room requests ahead because we like to make our requests in person. We wanted 4 rooms all on same floor with one connecting, so we knew we had to wait for Disney to work its magic. We could have gotten 4 reburbed rooms in the 70’s building but not near each other and no connecting, so she did find us exactly what we wanted in the 50’s building, with connecting rooms overlooking the water and fireworks. We love our location and we dont care about them being the older rooms. Everything was nice and clean. We had a great first day...my feet are sore from all the walking. The weather is beautiful, a little hot by midafternoon but tolerable. Unfortunately my daughter suddenly got vertigo first thing this morning and had to lie down for a couple hours until it passed. Then she got better and was able to have fun until tonight when it came back...ugh! She bought some dramamine to see if this will help. We are staying back at the resort tomorrow for some sun and pool time in the morning...then AK later in afternoon.

At Pop now. We did not do room requests ahead because we like to make our requests in person. We wanted 4 rooms all on same floor with one connecting, so we knew we had to wait for Disney to work its magic. We could have gotten 4 reburbed rooms in the 70’s building but not near each other and no connecting, so she did find us exactly what we wanted in the 50’s building, with connecting rooms overlooking the water and fireworks. We love our location and we dont care about them being the older rooms. Everything was nice and clean. We had a great first day...my feet are sore from all the walking. The weather is beautiful, a little hot by midafternoon but tolerable. Unfortunately my daughter suddenly got vertigo first thing this morning and had to lie down for a couple hours until it passed. Then she got better and was able to have fun until tonight when it came back...ugh! She bought some dramamine to see if this will help. We are staying back at the resort tomorrow for some sun and pool time in the morning...then AK later in afternoon.
Glad you got rooms you’re happy with. Sorry to hear about your daughter! I hope it’s something that passes as quickly as it came.

It you happen to be aroundBuildings 4 and/or 5 tomorrow during you resort time and have the time, could you please update what sections/buildings are open/closed? If you don’t have time, completely understand!!

Thanks!

Have s great trip!!!

I really don't care about a refurbed room- stayed last year in an old one and it just was fine- but I reallly want to be in the 70s again. Just so happens they're all refurbed.

After just experiencing a new room in building 7 / 80's section, I won't miss the old rooms. The new layout, beds, furniture, bathrooms are just terrific. In particular the sink mirror lighting, and additional shaving mirror, are just tremendous -- so bright and sharp!

After just experiencing a new room in building 7 / 80's section, I won't miss the old rooms. The new layout, beds, furniture, bathrooms are just terrific. In particular the sink mirror lighting, and additional shaving mirror, are just tremendous -- so bright and sharp!

Do you think this shaving mirror would also work for applying makeup? I am pretty tall but I find leaning over the sink far enough to do my makeup can be a hassle, but I really try to avoid packing a makeup mirror! I am going in October so I am fingers crossed all the rooms will be refurbed by then!

Do you think this shaving mirror would also work for applying makeup? I am pretty tall but I find leaning over the sink far enough to do my makeup can be a hassle, but I really try to avoid packing a makeup mirror! I am going in October so I am fingers crossed all the rooms will be refurbed by then!
I am 5'5" and LOVED using the mirror for applying makeup! I liked it so much that I have started looking for one for my home!

I'd guess yes! It's a double-sided mirror on an extendable arm. One side is magnified and it's either amazing or horrifying to see your face so close up.

I am 5'5" and LOVED using the mirror for applying makeup! I liked it so much that I have started looking for one for my home!

I'd guess yes! It's a double-sided mirror on an extendable arm. One side is magnified and it's either amazing or horrifying to see your face so close up.

Thank you both! I normally don't use magnifying mirrors because I will just go WILD at my face haha but sometimes they are great for that stray brow hair! I am not big on makeup in the Florida humidity but sometimes I need a little mascara as to not scare the masses at 7am! This is such an awesome addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter