Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea! They didn't jangle around and get in your way?
Nope. We each carry our own. My kids are adults and everyone is in charge of their own stuff. But even when they were younger, they each had their own small backpacks. I wasn’t about to set a precedent of me being the Sherpa lol!

Staying at Pop for the first time Oct 28 - Nov 3. I've read the last 50 pages of this thread and the refurb thread and seems like we should have a great time. Our only other resort experience was all star movies. I've seen a few posts mention that you can see the fireworks at DHS and Epcot from the right room. I've booked a preferred room. What building would I need to be in and would the top floor be best? Also, how specific can I be with a CM if I call in to make my request?

Staying at Pop for the first time Oct 28 - Nov 3. I've read the last 50 pages of this thread and the refurb thread and seems like we should have a great time. Our only other resort experience was all star movies. I've seen a few posts mention that you can see the fireworks at DHS and Epcot from the right room. I've booked a preferred room. What building would I need to be in and would the top floor be best? Also, how specific can I be with a CM if I call in to make my request?
Just request "Fireworks View"-the Room Assignors are very familiar with this request and will "try" to accommodate.:)

IllumiNations From 1950s/Building 3-Standard Room
30547171022_1f94dfdcd2_c.jpg

I do the same, I feel like stopping at the desk is a kick off to the trip almost. In Dec I lucked out, got a refurb room in 70's section right where i was hoping for. Let's how i repeat that luck on my April trip. Although since December a whole additional building and part of one have opened so odds are only increasing.
I agree with you! I like stopping at the front and talking to the CM's there and it's fun to get our buttons then. We also will stop by the food court to grab a dinner and our mugs.

I am trying out pin trading for the first time this year. Idk if the check-in desk CM's have pins or not? Otherwise, I might check out the gift shop and see if they have anything good to trade!

Just called and made sure that they added the 70s to my reservation in "Mickey's guest book" per the CM. :thumbsup2

Just checked the projected weather for my trip (I know it can change wildly in the next 1.5 weeks) and it's looking like mid-upper 70s- PERFECT! :dancer:
Did you also post this when you made your reservation? We have always fax'ed our requests in at POR and this will be our first time at POP.

Did you also post this when you made your reservation? We have always fax'ed our requests in at POR and this will be our first time at POP.
I did mention a while back when first doing check-in that there were issues with adding the 70s to the request- and others said they had similar issues. Not sure if that is what you were asking.

I agree with you! I like stopping at the front and talking to the CM's there and it's fun to get our buttons then. We also will stop by the food court to grab a dinner and our mugs.

I am trying out pin trading for the first time this year. Idk if the check-in desk CM's have pins or not? Otherwise, I might check out the gift shop and see if they have anything good to trade!

Both the check in counter and the gift shop had pins available for trading while we were there this past January. We were happy they did as it gave my son some last chance opportunities to trade pins before boarding DME back to MCO.

Both the check in counter and the gift shop had pins available for trading while we were there this past January. We were happy they did as it gave my son some last chance opportunities to trade pins before boarding DME back to MCO.
Okay great thanks! Did they have them out or did you have to ask?

That would be one opportunity where I wouldn't have to hold everyone up by stopping to trade. I don't want to constantly stop in the parks and make the rest of my group unhappy :blush:

Okay great thanks! Did they have them out or did you have to ask?

That would be one opportunity where I wouldn't have to hold everyone up by stopping to trade. I don't want to constantly stop in the parks and make the rest of my group unhappy :blush:

The check in counter had them "stuck" on a big green cube, and the gift shop had them on a small cork board behind the counter. I think one of the staff inside the gift shop may also have been rocking a lanyard with pins too. I will say the selection was somewhat boring and limited. It only takes a few seconds, so definitely ask CMs while you are in the parks! Branden was able to trade with CMs while we waited for parades, at the MK train station, kiosk CMs who weren't waiting on people, etc. Have fun!

The check in counter had them "stuck" on a big green cube, and the gift shop had them on a small cork board behind the counter. I think one of the staff inside the gift shop may also have been rocking a lanyard with pins too. I will say the selection was somewhat boring and limited. It only takes a few seconds, so definitely ask CMs while you are in the parks! Branden was able to trade with CMs while we waited for parades, at the MK train station, kiosk CMs who weren't waiting on people, etc. Have fun!
Thanks I’ll have to see what I can find! If I do stop, I can always catch up to them.

Nope. We each carry our own. My kids are adults and everyone is in charge of their own stuff. But even when they were younger, they each had their own small backpacks. I wasn’t about to set a precedent of me being the Sherpa lol!

2 funny!

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask, and I apologize but I didn't read thru all 491 pages to see if I could find the answer haha.

I just booked our room at POP last week and I forgot to add that I need a crib in our room when I made the reservation. Can I update my reservation online or do I have to call to add this? I can't seem to be able to figure out how to do it online and I really want to avoid calling for this simple request if I can.

Also, I've seen a lot of people saying that they had to call to make specific room requests, like which building they wanted and what floor, etc. Is it a new change to have to call? I last stayed at POP in December 2014 and I remember being able to make room requests online at some point. Maybe I'm just behind on what the process is for room requests nowadays?

Thanks!! :)

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask, and I apologize but I didn't read thru all 491 pages to see if I could find the answer haha.

I just booked our room at POP last week and I forgot to add that I need a crib in our room when I made the reservation. Can I update my reservation online or do I have to call to add this? I can't seem to be able to figure out how to do it online and I really want to avoid calling for this simple request if I can.

If/when you do Online Check In, you should be able to request a Pak-n-play. They don't offer cribs. Also, once you arrive you will have to call and ask that they bring it to you. It won't be in your room already.

Also, I've seen a lot of people saying that they had to call to make specific room requests, like which building they wanted and what floor, etc. Is it a new change to have to call? I last stayed at POP in December 2014 and I remember being able to make room requests online at some point. Maybe I'm just behind on what the process is for room requests nowadays?

The options for room requests during Online Check In are predetermined and very limited. It's still best to call in your room location requests .

If you have booked a Preferred room unfortunately none of those rooms have a view of the fireworks. The fireworks views are from the Standard rooms that face the lake.

Many people are calling to make specific requests right now due the the status of refurbishments. At this time the 90's, 80's and 70's have been fully completed and all rooms are refurbished. If people really want a refurbished room they are calling to request this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter