Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the posts about bathroom noises and the pocket door, I think my husband and I will be fine. I wish I had taken a picture, a few years ago we went to Morocco, and the bathroom door was like a closet door, with blinds-type slats. You could see through it, and there was no kind of soundproofing possible. Good thing we've been together for a long time, because my digestive system didn't enjoy Moroccan food as much as I did :)

We had no issues with the bathroom noise. I was there with two guys as well and I heard nothing. It was my husband and my brother with me though. So it honestly wouldn't have been a big deal either way for us lol.

I didn't notice any bathroom noise when we were there in November other than the sound of the toilet flushing, although if we were in the room the tv was on, so maybe I just couldn't hear anything from the bathroom over that.

We'll be back at Pop for our December trip this year! We'll be there December 6-9 and doing one park per day.

I'm glad to hear not everyone had my friend's experience with noisy bathrooms. It very well could just be an issue with that particular room's construction, but I didn't ask if they had the TV on or ran water.... Whenever I go back, I'll just make sure it's only family in our room.

If it becomes a "problem" for anyone,there are always the restrooms by the Pools!

Usually there is no one using them-you can TCB in privacy!lol:)

I have to wonder how these folks handle going to the public bathrooms in the parks where there is all kinds of "attractive" noises coming from complete strangers, if it's upsetting with your own family's deposit audio.

Some friends of mine recently returned from a trip, staying at POP in a refurbished room. They were telling me of the pros/cons of the new room, but one thing that they really disliked, I mean really disliked, was the lack of privacy while using the bathroom. Not sure how to word this without being gross, but they said with the new pocket style door and the new quiet exhaust fan they might as well left the door open as everyone in the bedroom area could hear exactly what was going on in the bathroom. :sad2: For others who have stayed in the refurbished rooms, did you experience this as well? Do any of the other resorts have these new pocket doors and exhaust fans? We've been thinking of staying somewhere else on our next trip (have stayed at POP last 7 trips) and this would be one issue that would help us in deciding where. I mean seriously I like my privacy....
I really don’t Care if I hear bathroom noises, it’s my family, been together a long time. But, there’s 2 doors, the bathroom door and the door separating the sink area from the room. I can’t see how much noise will be heard in the room area.

This might be a stupid question but what kind of blankets are in the renovated rooms? Is it just a thin sheet or is there something thicker/heavier? Even in the middle of summer I need a heavy blanket to sleep.

Does Pop century ever get completely booked in the summer?? I just need one night stay there at the end of July before I move to another Disney resort for the rest of my trip. I wonder if I can wait until it get closer to my trip to book.

This might be a stupid question but what kind of blankets are in the renovated rooms? Is it just a thin sheet or is there something thicker/heavier? Even in the middle of summer I need a heavy blanket to sleep.

There is a combination of sheets and a blanket on the bed, however, my child was complaining of being cold at night, so you may want or need to ask for additional blankets. We didn't find any extra blankets in our renovated room. If you need extra pillows, it seems we had a surplus of those -- I think there was at least eight pillows in the room; we had an extra stack of them each night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter