• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long by bus does it take?
If you choose bus,take the Hollywood Studios bus from Pop Century and transfer to a Grand Floridian bus at Hollywood Studios.

It is only 5 minutes by bus from Pop Century to Hollywood Studios and then about 15 minutes from Hollywood Studios to Grand Floridian.

However,early in the AM,it may not be "easy" to catch a bus going from Hollywood Studios back to Grand Floridian.

My advice would definitely be to spring for some sort of direct transport.:)

How long by bus does it take?

For reasons mentioned above, if you want to go "by bus," go to MK from Pop by bus and then to GF via monorail or boat (avoid trying to leave by bus at any park early in the morning, not many buses even stop and pick up people.) We always go to GF (or Poly) by busing to MK first, then grabbing boat or mono to GF; it all depends on how you catch the transportation. If talking about an ADR; if we have a 10:30 ADR, we would try to hop a bus at around 9 or 9:15, then if we get to our ADR "early" we just ask to be seated.

How long by Minnie Van/taxi/uber/lyft does it take in the early morning to go from Pop to Grand Floridian? How long by bus does it take?

We did this last February on the morning of my son’s birthday. Normally, I would have requested an Uber but it was his birthday and the Minnie Vans we’re beginning that very morning at Pop.

I requested the Minnie Van at 8:19 am with an 8 minute arrival time in the 90’s section of Pop (which I thought was so cool that I didn’t have to walk to the lobby!). Our ADR At GF was for 9:15 am. We arrive at 8:45 am.

With the security location change at MK (everyone getting off a bus needs to pass thru MK security) a car was the fastest, most convenient option for us.

Attachments

• AA274428-FD1A-4B4F-9077-325DB0396D46.png
    AA274428-FD1A-4B4F-9077-325DB0396D46.png
    284.5 KB · Views: 11
If you choose bus,take the Hollywood Studios bus from Pop Century and transfer to a Grand Floridian bus at Hollywood Studios.

It is only 5 minutes by bus from Pop Century to Hollywood Studios and then about 15 minutes from Hollywood Studios to Grand Floridian.

My advice would definitely be to spring for some sort of direct transport.:)

That’s a great idea!!!! See I never would have thought of that at 8am while at Pop!

Although presently what’s the situation with the DHS bus area? It was a mess this past Aug. crazy long walk from bus to entrance. If this is still the case, Epcot transfer to GF might be better.

That’s a great idea!!!! See I never would have thought of that at 8am while at Pop!

Although presently what’s the situation with the DHS bus area? It was a mess this past Aug. crazy long walk from bus to entrance. If this is still the case, Epcot transfer to GF might be better.

You wouldn't be walking to the entrance, though, just to another bus stop.

You wouldn't be walking to the entrance, though, just to another bus stop.

The DHS bus stop was broken up into sections last summer amid the construction. The Pop bus stop was the furthest away.

They are opening a new bus stop very soon. I would just confirm the details before recommending this.

We're thinking about flying down instead of driving We would have a late arrival, so I know we'll need to collect our own bags at the airport before boarding DME. I figure we would probably arrive at Pop around 11
What is the latest your flight can land and still receive luggage delivery in room?

For reasons mentioned above, if you want to go "by bus," go to MK from Pop by bus and then to GF via monorail or boat (avoid trying to leave by bus at any park early in the morning, not many buses even stop and pick up people.) We always go to GF (or Poly) by busing to MK first, then grabbing boat or mono to GF; it all depends on how you catch the transportation. If talking about an ADR; if we have a 10:30 ADR, we would try to hop a bus at around 9 or 9:15, then if we get to our ADR "early" we just ask to be seated.
It would be to do Perfectly Princess Tea at 10:30; but 1st do BBB at the new GF location (prob. 9am for BBB). We will be coming August 2020

How long should I give myself for the Magical Express to get us from the airport to Pop? Our flight gets in at 2:50 and I'm wondering if I'd have time to get to Beach Club by 6 for dinner. I'm going end of August so I'm anticipating/hoping the Gondolas will be running.

How long should I give myself for the Magical Express to get us from the airport to Pop? Our flight gets in at 2:50 and I'm wondering if I'd have time to get to Beach Club by 6 for dinner. I'm going end of August so I'm anticipating/hoping the Gondolas will be running.

If you plan on using Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van/Taxi to get from Pop to Beach Club, I'd feel confident you'll make it. If using WDW transportation (buses), I wouldn't feel as comfortable.

You will have plenty of time if you go straight to the DME bus.

The drive from OIA to Pop is about 30 minutes,so even with a long wait to board the DME bus,you will be fine.

Also,if the Gondolas are not running,DHS is only a 5 minute bus ride from POP and you can walk if short on time or boat easily from DHS to BC.:)

Walk from Plane to DME----15 minutes
Wait to board DME and leave OIA----0 to 30 minutes
Travel time to POP----30 minutes
Wait for POP bus to DHS----0 to 20 minutes
Travel time to DHS----5 minutes
Walking time to BC----20 minutes

Total time----70 minutes to 120 minutes

So the worst-case 120 minute time would put you at BC at 4:50 leaving another 70 minutes for WORST worst-case!lol:)

Last edited:
I give myself 2 hours from the time the plane lands to reach Pop. It doesn’t always take that long but it’s also not uncommon.
If you plan on using Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van/Taxi to get from Pop to Beach Club, I'd feel confident you'll make it. If using WDW transportation (buses), I wouldn't feel as comfortable.

You will have plenty of time if you go straight to the DME bus.

The drive from OIA to Pop is about 30 minutes,so even with a long wait to board the DME bus,you will be fine.

Also,if the Gondolas are not running,DHS is only a 5 minute bus ride from POP and you can walk if short on time or boat easily from DHS to BC.:)

Walk from Plane to DME----15 minutes
Wait to board DME and leave OIA----0 to 30 minutes
Travel time to POP----30 minutes
Wait for POP bus to DHS----0 to 20 minutes
Travel time to DHS----5 minutes
Walking time to BC----20 minutes

Total time----70 minutes to 120 minutes

So the worst-case 120 minute time would put you at BC at 4:50 leaving another 70 minutes for WORST worst-case!lol:)

I give myself 2 hours from the time the plane lands to reach Pop. It doesn’t always take that long but it’s also not uncommon.

Thank you!!! I feel better about it now! ... and I hadn't even thought about going to DHS but that may be a good idea if the gondolas aren't an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter