Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the policies for alcohol around the pool?

No glass and no drinks while you're IN the pool. Otherwise, :drinking1

I know they have the pool bar but do we need to drink it there or can we sit in a lounger with it?

Bar, loungers, chairs, etc. Anywhere but in the pool.

We're planning an adults only trip next year and would like to relax by the pool and have a drink, obviously we're not going to be all loud and obnoxious or have a ton of drinks..just one or two after a day in the parks.

No better way to spend the day in my book.

Last edited:
DBC9B049-51E9-4EE6-8FC9-030DA80C9126.jpeg

Is there a campfire at Pop? I’m curious about the “Groovy campfire” located at Surfer Goofy that I have seen in the “march pop recreation calendar”

Thanks in advance!

did you happen to ask at Guest Services or a mousekeeper? I'm guessing most hairdryers come with diffusers so I wonder if possibly they have a stock for people who request them?

I am constantly amazed at what Disney does carry/offer when I ask. I use a CPAP machine and it's nice to know distilled water is available in the food court even though most times I take my own.

Also, my daughter is extremely sensitive to many detergents so I normally travel with either our own sheets or a special sheet made into a sleeping bag kind of thing that she can sleep in. One time I forgot to bring both and I was pleasantly surprised to find out I can request hypoallergenic sheets and towels for our room! SO much easier!

I haven't asked if they had one. Honestly, it never even crossed my mind that they might have a giant box in a storage closet somewhere but it makes sense that it's a possibility!

Curly girl here too. I also have a ton of cowlicks that make it necessary (ok, because of my vainity i guess! lol) for me to diffuse the bangs area of my hair. I will look at curly Co! Thanks :)
Woohoo! Another member of the curly girl cult! :yay: I've been CG for 14 months and it really is incredible how much curlier my hair is now that I know how to give it what it actually needs. I'm still growing out my bangs and they have a mind of their own but my hair get super limp in the FL humidity so I wear a headband or my Minnie ears at Disney and usually end up pulling it up into a mom bun.

This is the one I've seen recommended in the CGM facebook groups. https://www.amazon.com/Curly-Co-Col...&sprefix=curly+co+,aps,323&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1
I have a Black Orchid diffuser but its huge so it would take up a ton of suitcase space and it takes me an hour to diffuse so I just use a ton of leave in, obscene amounts of gel and hope for the best

Skyliner testing has started on the Pop/AoA to CBR line!!!
View attachment 389050
View attachment 389051
Woot!!! Between our May trip at CBR and late Aug/Sept trip at POP we are bound to be riding the Skyliner in 2019!
Yup. Queen beds too.
Coffee makers utilize the flat-style pods? While cleaning out one of my kitchen cabinets I found a box of those flat pods that I had purchased for a previous trip......and it's Lavazza coffee too :)

What are the policies for alcohol around the pool? I know they have the pool bar but do we need to drink it there or can we sit in a lounger with it? We're planning an adults only trip next year and would like to relax by the pool and have a drink, obviously we're not going to be all loud and obnoxious or have a ton of drinks..just one or two after a day in the parks.

Hanging out by the pool with some adult beverages is a priority on our vacations!

Has anyone ever requested....and gotten a specific room? Our upcoming trip will be our 9th at Pop. The room we had last year was our favorite location and would be kinda cool to go back to it. How would we even request such a thing?

Last edited:
Has anyone ever requested....and gotten a specific room? Our upcoming trip will be our 9th at Pop. The room we had last year was our favorite location and would be kinda cool to go back to it. How would we even request such a thing?
You can request a specific room via Touring Plans and I guess by calling in too but chances of getting the exact room requested are slim. Lately I’ve been thankful to even get our requested decade as Pop is running at near capacity all the time so getting our requests met seems more difficult these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter