Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have booked a preferred room for pop century this September how do I put in a request for a ground floor room?

So we ended up also booking a room for my mother-in-law and sister I’m really really hoping they can get us connecting rooms or at least super close as they will probably help out a lot with our kids

And I am super excited about seeing the renovated rooms but getting very nervous now about having the fifth person in there (lil one will have just turned 2) in the past when we’ve had the fifth 2 and under we had sleeping bag or we brought crib mattress

So we ended up also booking a room for my mother-in-law and sister I’m really really hoping they can get us connecting rooms or at least super close as they will probably help out a lot with our kids

And I am super excited about seeing the renovated rooms but getting very nervous now about having the fifth person in there (lil one will have just turned 2) in the past when we’ve had the fifth 2 and under we had sleeping bag or we brought crib mattress
5 will be tight for sure! Hopefully the added space for storage under the permanent bed will help. You can still bring a crib mattress but it will be a tight squeeze where you use it or. Go in front of the door. Enjoy your trip!

It would be to do Perfectly Princess Tea at 10:30; but 1st do BBB at the new GF location (prob. 9am for BBB). We will be coming August 2020

Definitely give yourself over an hour travel time if you decide to use Disney transport. We would probably try to grab a bus around 7:30 to MK. Then grab a boat or Monorail to GF. The only downside to Disney transport is the unpredictability of timing, and as in the "real world" things get delayed or break down. For those who really stress about timing, it may be worth it to spring for minnie vans, or uber/lyft.

All of the rooms have been refurbished. They all have the queen bed and the queen murphy bed except for the rooms that have just a king bed in them (there aren't very many of these).

Personally the only rooms I wouldn't want are the ones facing the pools and since you booked standard that shouldn't be an option for you. Requesting top floor should help unless you're like us and get terrible neighbors next door. Sometimes you just can't do anything about your neighbors. We talked to them two separate mornings and it didn't change much. I would still request top floor since it helps take out someone above you as an option. Dh and I use our headphones and listen to fan noise while we sleep or play it out loud in the room.

I've read that 60's lake view (which are standard rooms) are peaceful and quiet. We requested that but didn't get them. They are close to AoA and you get a view of the lake. If you don't get that, we were in building 10 and it was super close to the buses. You just have to walk through the parking lot and the buses are right there.

How many floors are there? WE ARE IN A preffered pool view room. Wanted that so my teenagers were close to the main pool.

Definitely give yourself over an hour travel time if you decide to use Disney transport. We would probably try to grab a bus around 7:30 to MK. Then grab a boat or Monorail to GF. The only downside to Disney transport is the unpredictability of timing, and as in the "real world" things get delayed or break down. For those who really stress about timing, it may be worth it to spring for minnie vans, or uber/lyft.
What is the cost for Minnie Van/taxi/Uber/Lyft from Pop to GF?

Minnie Van is $15 for the pick up and then between $2.75-$3.00 per mile depending on demand at the time. It's 7.5 miles from Pop to GF so between $35 and $37.50.

These should help.

Taxi - https://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Orlando&lang=en

Lyft - https://www.lyft.com/fare-estimate

Uber - https://www.uber.com/fare-estimate/

Yeah, it's almost 100% that Lyft or Uber (or a taxi, though why you'd use one of those when there is Lyft or Uber is beyond me) is going to be cheaper than a Minnie Van. So unless you 100% need car seats or 100% need to ride in a red and white polka dotted vehicle, I'd skip the Minnie Van.

Good evening. How difficult is it to get a Handicapped Parking Space when staying at Pop. We will be there at the end of July. TIA

Does it have a difuser attachment?
Unfortunately no. As a curly girl who can't have a blowdryer anywhere near my head unless there's a diffuser I looked for one. I have resigned myself to letting my hair air dry while at Disney. There are collapsible travel diffusers that are reasonably priced that you could bring with you if you have to diffuse. I think Curly Co makes one that's pretty universal that comes decently recommended in the curly girl circles

Unfortunately no. As a curly girl who can't have a blow-dryer anywhere near my head unless there's a diffuser I looked for one. I have resigned myself to letting my hair air dry while at Disney. There are collapsible travel diffusers that are reasonably priced that you could bring with you if you have to diffuse. I think Curly Co makes one that's pretty universal that comes decently recommended in the curly girl circles
did you happen to ask at Guest Services or a mousekeeper? I'm guessing most hairdryers come with diffusers so I wonder if possibly they have a stock for people who request them?

I am constantly amazed at what Disney does carry/offer when I ask. I use a CPAP machine and it's nice to know distilled water is available in the food court even though most times I take my own.

Also, my daughter is extremely sensitive to many detergents so I normally travel with either our own sheets or a special sheet made into a sleeping bag kind of thing that she can sleep in. One time I forgot to bring both and I was pleasantly surprised to find out I can request hypoallergenic sheets and towels for our room! SO much easier!

Last edited:
Unfortunately no. As a curly girl who can't have a blowdryer anywhere near my head unless there's a diffuser I looked for one. I have resigned myself to letting my hair air dry while at Disney. There are collapsible travel diffusers that are reasonably priced that you could bring with you if you have to diffuse. I think Curly Co makes one that's pretty universal that comes decently recommended in the curly girl circles

Curly girl here too. I also have a ton of cowlicks that make it necessary (ok, because of my vainity i guess! lol) for me to diffuse the bangs area of my hair. I will look at curly Co! Thanks :)

What are the policies for alcohol around the pool? I know they have the pool bar but do we need to drink it there or can we sit in a lounger with it? We're planning an adults only trip next year and would like to relax by the pool and have a drink, obviously we're not going to be all loud and obnoxious or have a ton of drinks..just one or two after a day in the parks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter