• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be staying at Pop for one night in late September, going to MNSSHP! Has anyone had any problems getting an early check in there? We will be arriving probably around 10 in the morning and would like to get a good nap in before the Halloween Party! Thanks!

I'd do online check-in and make no requests but check the box that early arrival is most important. There is still no guarantee that a room will be open. If it is not yet, you can always ask if there is ANY room open - it may not be the location you desire...or it could require an upgrade which could incur additional costs. And there is the possibility there will be nothing.

Hello.... 44 days until we visit POP for the first time!

How are the resort pools for crowds? We have one 'rest' day where we are planning to hang out/swim and I wonder how hard it will be to find a lounger.

How are the resort pools for crowds? We have one 'rest' day where we are planning to hang out/swim and I wonder how hard it will be to find a lounger.

The Hippy Dippy pool can sometimes get crowded and it's hard to find a lounger, but there's always plenty at the Bowling Pin Pool (our favorite anyway). Not sure about the Computer Pool, we never go to that one.

Afternoons at Hippy Dippy can be more crowded, especially during their activity time but as @Shellyb84 said, you should be able to find something and if not there, then at one of the quieter pools if that interests you.

The Hippy Dippy pool is often busy, but we’ve never had trouble finding seating by the pool any time of day on our two week August trips and we go to the pool daily.

We're thinking about flying down instead of driving as we usually do. We only have one night at Pop then move to AKV the next day. We would have a late arrival, so I know we'll need to collect our own bags at the airport before boarding DME. I figure we would probably arrive at Pop around 11:30PM. Would we be able to leave the majority of our bags overnight with bell services and then have them transferred the next day to AKV? Or will we have to take everything to our room?

And, double digit dance today! party:

If you get to Hippy Dippy early in the day(before 11:00 AM)you should be OK-after that "could" be hard to find loungers.

Bowling Pool and Computer Pool usually have Loungers available anytime UNLESS a large Group(Cheerleaders,15s.etc.) has "taken over".

We love the Bowling Pool(GREAT Soundrack featuring Elvis,etc.),but Hippy Dippy is the only Pool with Activities if that is important.:)

We're thinking about flying down instead of driving as we usually do. We only have one night at Pop then move to AKV the next day. We would have a late arrival, so I know we'll need to collect our own bags at the airport before boarding DME. I figure we would probably arrive at Pop around 11:30PM. Would we be able to leave the majority of our bags overnight with bell services and then have them transferred the next day to AKV? Or will we have to take everything to our room?

That won't be a problem! Have fun!

I'm glad you asked this question! We are landing at 10pm on a Thursday night in May with only that first night at WL.... then we transfer to CBR for 4 nights followed by 2 nights at BWV. I'm assuming the same would apply to us. It's much easier to leave the majority of our stuff with bell services and keep a smaller bag or two with our essentials. We plan to get to MK early the next day for some rides and returning to WL to spend the afternoon and a 4pm Storybook dining ADR. I'm pretty sure if we have our bags transferred in the morning that they should be at CBR by the time we get there after dinner, shouldn't they?

I'm glad you asked this question! We are landing at 10pm on a Thursday night in May with only that first night at WL.... then we transfer to CBR for 4 nights followed by 2 nights at BWV. I'm assuming the same would apply to us. It's much easier to leave the majority of our stuff with bell services and keep a smaller bag or two with our essentials. We plan to get to MK early the next day for some rides and returning to WL to spend the afternoon and a 4pm Storybook dining ADR. I'm pretty sure if we have our bags transferred in the morning that they should be at CBR by the time we get there after dinner, shouldn't they?

Your luggage should be available at CBR around 4-5PM. All luggage transfers happen late afternoon no matter what time you drop them off.

If there are things you will 'need' before or for the dinner, I would take them with you to the MK if you don't have a car to leave them in. Possibly not the most convenient but you'll have access to what you need before your dinner. Your options if there is a lot of stuff is to either rent a locker at the MK or, possibly consider going via Uber to CBR, taking your luggage and leaving it with luggage services if your room is not ready. Not as convenient but at least you would then have the option to pick up your luggage if you wish when you return from the MK. Just a couple of additional options.

There’s plenty of loungers by the pools, especially the Hippy Dippy pool, although that pool will be busier in the afternoons when they are hosting the kid’s games there, but not bad enough that you won’t still be able to find a lounger. It’s a pretty big pool.

How long by Minnie Van/taxi/uber/lyft does it take in the early morning to go from Pop to Grand Floridian? How long by bus does it take?

How long by Minnie Van/taxi/uber/lyft does it take in the early morning to go from Pop to Grand Floridian? How long by bus does it take?
I would guess Lyft/Uber, etc. would take 12-15 mins as they can take you directly from Pop to the GF.

Bus would be more than double that as you’d need to take the bus to the MK 15-17 mins) go through security, take the monorail to GF which is the 4th stop after leaving MK. You are easily looking at 45 mins via bus is my guess due to all the logistics, added walking and 2 types of transportation.

I would guess Lyft/Uber, etc. would take 12-15 mins as they can take you directly from Pop to the GF.

Bus would be more than double that as you’d need to take the bus to the MK 15-17 mins) go through security, take the monorail to GF which is the 4th stop after leaving MK. You are easily looking at 45 mins via bus is my guess due to all the logistics, added walking and 2 types of transportation.
If my memory sreves me though even if taking bus to MK and then boat or monorail from there to GF you don't need to go through security I thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter